"Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Should this show have an individual talkback? Until it does, I'm gonna post my reviews of the first five episodes here. Spoilers ahead:

Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Mystic Mayhem"

That is going to cause a fuss. That will create a stir. That will be polarizing.

Personally? I loved it. I haven't enjoyed a Turtles project this much in years. But a lotta hatas gonna hate.

Brief Turtle opinion history from me. I was 13 when the 1987 series debuted. I really loved the five part pilot, but I thought every episode after that was boring and nowhere near as interesting as the black and white comics. I thought the first movie was one of the better comic book adaptations I had seen at the time, and I saw both underwhelming sequels years later and wasn't sad I skipped them in the theater. Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation was a visually interesting idea that unfortunately had bad scripts and villains, and Venus underwhelmed. I think the 2003 series was the definitive Turtles project to me, and the CGI animated TMNT movie was underpraised. I've only seen the first Michael Bay film and that is the worst thing in the franchise. The second worst thing? The 2012 series.

And that is where I part ways with the fandom who loves it. I cannot stand that badly written piece of garbage. So maybe you should know the real reason I view this project favorably is because I thought the last project did so wrong by the viewers in every conceivable way. Me watching this was show was like "Wait, I'm ALLOWED to enjoy a Turtles project?" I don't actually have to nitpick the show because it's ostensibly a show about Ninjas but the brothers loudly blunder around on covert missions as if they are the Three Stooges and Roger Rabbit? The Turtles can be funny without being stupid or incompetent? Why have I been denied this for so long? Why did the 2012 series make watching every episode a freaking ordeal? Why is it now the franchise is going back to the fun satire it is when it's at its best?

Let's talk about the good and the bad. First impressions can be wrong.

First off, I still hate the character designs, but the animation is AMAZING. If the trade-off to having free-wheeling, off the wall action to this is making the Turtles a little toonier than I'm comfortable with, well, the results speak for themselves. The 2003 series had surprisingly good animation for low budget and its era in history, but this blows it away. And honestly, I think the animation in the 2012 series is really bad. Outside of the Star Wars cartoons and Transformers Prime there are not a ton of CGI TV cartoons that look good. That's because CGI is expensive, and kids cartoons are usually a budget medium. Therefore New York always seemed empty, and whenever it wasn't a season finale, the action in the fight scenes, while landing well, seemed sort of overly choreographed and conventional. This is just bananas. Granted, it's just the first episode, and maybe that was this show upping the game and budget just this once. But the truth is, the 2012 series' animation got better every year. This is not like the 2003 series that went backward in the last two seasons. Animation techniques are improving so rapidly that a show can cut its budget every year and still wind up looking better. That wasn't the case in the mid aughts. But now, I think what we were given might not simply be the show at its best. It might simply be the tip of the iceberg.

I like that they didn't do an origin story. Maybe they will down the line, but that sets this apart from the other Turtle stuff. And so much stuff is set apart that I am willing to see the show take chances and mess with the formula a bit. Part of the reason I hated 2012 so much is that they were ruining a ton of great source material. If it's a non-factor here, of course I can sit back and enjoy the series more and on its own merits. It's crazy more shows based on comic books don't try this to begin with. But we've gotten to the point where maybe stepping away a bit from the huge amount of canon will be healthy.

I like the humor. It's urban, and half the cast is African American, and it strikes me as observational too. The quips are things you'd hear somebody say on Park and Recreation. The characters are funny, self-aware, and not actually stupid. They don't overexplain their jokes to each other or the audience and nobody cares.

I hope they don't say "Leon" too often though. It hits the ear wrong.

I also like that the brothers are much less contentious. That was a great source of occasional drama in the 2003 series, and I think the TMNT movie was amazing because of it. But it was unending on the 2012 show, and nobody ever learned a lesson, or at least carried what they learned in one episode over to the next, which was tiring. There was no growth. That might not have been an issue if the Turtles weren't so unprofessional, incompetent, and stupid on their missions. Silly me, I had assumed that that would be a season one problem, and the hook of the show would be watching the team grow together into an amazing fighting force. And the freaking series finale is literally the Turtles getting every single one of their allies killed because they suck at their job so much. Yay, closure, am I right?

Here the Turtles joke around on the mission, but they don't eff it up, or at least eff it up in a way that damages anything. The 2012 Turtles were responsible for so much misery and destruction in New York City just based on how carelessly they handled the Mutagen containers alone. I will rest easy that I will not be watching a show where the Turtles mutate April's father because they were petty bickering when their friend actually needed them. And the crazy thing is, that watching these Turtles work well together like a well oiled machine tells me that that specific sort of conflict was always unnecessary and made the 2012 show worse for no good reason. That's probably why all of the in-fighting on the 2003 versions stayed in the sewers and they rocked the missions. If there IS gonna be upcoming conflict I hope they do the same thing. They are off to a good start.

The 2012 show was nonstop unforced errors, and if anything, I suspect this show is going to prove how unnecessary and stupid every single one of those mistakes was. I already like the first episode of this show better than every episode of the 2012 show. And there WERE admittedly episodes of that show that I liked. But I had few real complaints here and my gripes were unending even during the rare good weeks on the last iteration.

Can't wait for more. I expect good things. ****1/2.

Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Newsworthy"

Back to the Turtles being incompetent. The twist? They mess up against a foe that doesn't actually matter and don't lose anything.

I loved them looking in horror at Leo just cutting that worm in half. What a hilarious line reading from Raph on "Leo, what did you just do?"

I love that Raph WANTS to wear the costume. Supposedly the thing that only Mikey used to enjoy is actually a leader perk on this show. Good to know.

That joke about the Turtles using math to nitpick Stone's quip about not growing back four sizes and two strengths was a REALLY smart joke. I love the 2003 series, but it was NOT known for smart jokes. This is probably the first smart Turtles project.

Fun. ****.

Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Origami Tsunami"

Oh, these Turtles got it covered. It don't matter HOW much they mess up. The salami paper doesn't work? Donnie put a tracker in it! Braap! Don't worry, he put in two! These guys have contingencies.

"Look, they're gone!" "Then what are we looking at?" That is both a very smart joke and a very stupid joke at the same time.

I love that Leo is a bit of coward. I love that he wants to make sure the first adventure is Junior Mystery material. These are not the Turtles rushing out to face spine crushers and manglers. Nope. And when he see how impressive the Foot he's like, "Well, we outnumber you 2 to 1. Maybe we'll just call it even and go home." That's is SO freaking funny.

I love the other Turtles reactions to Raph eating the salami. Somehow I don't think the five second rule was intended to count former salami glop monsters. That is NOT what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they invented it.

Funny episode. And the animation was again amazing. ****1/2.

Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Repo Mantis"

That was more slight than the other episodes (only Donnie and Mikey appear) but it's funny, and the facial expression are top-notch and hilarious.

When that guys all "Dogs have 8 nipples" I was like "This is not your father's TMNT cartoon."

Michael is similar to Leon in hitting the ear wrong. Stop it.

All right but the weakest episode so far. **1/2.

Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "War And Pizza"

Okay, so I've added the figures and done the math, and according to my calculations, forgetting to change a battery in a remote control is a completely plausible reason for a robot to become evil and gain sentience and start destroying the building. Totally checks out. How? Shut up, that's how.

So apparently Donnie's type is giant, adorable, and sinister. Thank God it's not actually April. 2012 Donnie perving on a clearly cringing 2012 April never stopped being creepy.

I love that Alberto is moved that he finally gets a birthday and April just destroys the moment and starts demolishing him with a sledgehammer. Can I just say how glad I am Happy Birthday is public domain again? Pop culture has immediately started to suck less since it became so.

Donatello reminds me of David Cross. He's the funny one.

Fun episode. April's fired. ****.

Troy Troodon

So I just watched the first few episodes and... I'm kind'a mixed. Let me just bring up the positives first.

1. I like the animation, kind'a similar in expression and fluidity to Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go! or even Avatar to some extent; granted it's not really on par with Avatar but it's decent.
2. I do like the voice over work, I think my favorite of the bunch is Brandon Mychal Smith as Michelangelo!
3. There is actually fair amount of jokes in the show that I do think are pretty funny; admittedly I didn't burst into laughter but I did get some chuckles.
4. The action is actually pretty creative, especially with the character's weapons.
5. This new take on April O'Neil, as this sort of rowdy teenager.

Now for the negatives...

1. Raph is the leader?! Seriously guys?! Look I get this is a different take on the franchise, but to make Raphael, the most hot heated, punch first ask questions later guy as the leader?! Really?! Look if you really want to break the norm, why not have April of all people lead the Turtles? Or heck, at least give each character a moment to lead per episode, let them take turns, that I think could change the pace more.
2. Splinter is a couch potato! Again I get this is meant to be a comedy, so I can understand the gimmick of making Splinter this more grouchy old coot, but at the same time he is essentially the Turtle's father, so at least make him somewhat caring about his sons and stand in as the voice of reason to set them on the right path! You can still make him funny sure, but still...
3. There are jokes that just aren't funny. Yeah that may not seem surprising, but like I said there are jokes that actually are good, in fact there are more good jokes here than there are of the bad ones, but when there is a bad joke... well I can't say the joke would be disgusting in anyway, but sometimes they do either fall flat or even seem rather... suggestive for a lack of a better term.
4. All the Turtles are basically Michelangelo! You know how the original comic made all the Turtles the same character, then in the first cartoon they did differentiate them save for Raph and Micky, then finally all four of them had their own distinct characterization? Well now we're kind'a back to somewhere in between the first comic and 80's show, in that all the Turtles are the same.... well to an extent anyway. Donatello is still technically the brains of the bunch, and again Raph is the muscle head, but aside from that they're all basically Michelangelo; heck Leonardo in some scenes seem more of a Micky and Micky himself is.

All in all I think this show is okay... at best. The animation is fine, the characters are tolerable, and the show is still pretty creative, and there are still plenty of jokes that are funny, but nothing more than that.

It's not a bad show by any means, but it does feel like a couple steps backwards in how The Turtles evolved. I guess another problem would also be that this show is a product of the current landscape of children's television animation, in that companies like Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network seem to be pushing for more comedy based programs than anything involving action or drama; there are still shows that do have action and drama but currently they are too far and in between. Hopefully however this is just a trend and soon it will cease and creative teams will get back on track on making more developed programs.

As is, like I said, this show is is perfectly fine, it has it's dumb moments but overall it's harmless. I give it... 6.5/10

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Raph is the leader?! Seriously guys?! Look I get this is a different take on the franchise, but to make Raphael, the most hot heated, punch first ask questions later guy as the leader?! Really?! Look if you really want to break the norm, why not have April of all people lead the Turtles? Or heck, at least give each character a moment to lead per episode, let them take turns, that I think could change the pace more.
Didn't you say you watched the first few episodes? o_O
The revolving character door spotlight that I wanted from Marvel's Spider-Man is actually happening on this show.

I guess another problem would also be that this show is a product of the current landscape of children's television animation, in that companies like Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network seem to be pushing for more comedy based programs than anything involving action or drama
That's the franchise as a whole. They've never been trendsetters outside of arguably the 80's show which still proceeded other animated anthropomorphic color-coded teams.
2k3 was taking after the BTAS generation
The previous Nick show took after the Teen Titans generation

Last edited:

Troy Troodon

Didn't you say you watched the first few episodes? o_O
The revolving character door spotlight that I wanted from Marvel's Spider-Man is actually happening on this show.

I did say I watched the first few. When I say to lead btw, I mean let each brother lead the whole team, not like two of them.

Milofan30

I saw the first few episodes, it was more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Let me give my review on the characters so far

Raph- Not leadership material at all, has not gotten any better. Every scene he screws up due to his own stupidity it hurts my brain. Clearly its a set up for Leo to become leader at some point till than, hurts my head watching this guy try to lead them.

Leo- I think he and Donnie are tied as my favorites of the turtles. I love he acts like the leader even though Raph is supposed to be the one this time, the origami episode gave a good idea what his character is. I can't wait for him to become leader.

Donnie- In all the turtles series I've been so and so about his character, this series has him one of the more likeable ones.

Mikey- Nothing stands out for his character, only positive thing I can say about him so far is at least he's not a I'm too dum to live thing like he was in the 2012 series.

April- UGH, I can't decide which April is worse, 2012 April who in my opinion was a Mary Sue or this one who's kind of the same type. I mean she's magically good at everything.

Splinter- We go from 2012 Splinter version to this LOL. I can only hope as the series goes on he becomes a better character.

Last edited:

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I did say I watched the first few. When I say to lead btw, I mean let each brother lead the whole team, not like two of them.

I had a hunch that's what you meant. If I say Leo / April & Donnie / an "archenemy" / Donnie & Mikey drove the narrative, you should be able to guess correct which respective episodes I'm referring to. All this to point out that the pace change is fine.

Dudley

Staff member
The first episode was AWESOME!
The rest....not so much. The show still has some pretty cool visuals, with a right mix of anime influence, but the writing....eh, not as good, and not as funny. It’s standalone mix with humor and action, no doubt taking influence from Teen Titans Go. IMO (and I can’t stress that enough), TTG, got better over time, but I don’t know if I want this show to be like that. But I don’t really know what I want it to be. If I want a TMNT series to be like past shows, then I’d watch them instead.
So yeah....maybe I’ll just pass on this, and check it out again in the future. I mean those visuals are fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light Lucario

Staff member
I saw the last three episodes of the sneak peek and they were pretty good. The paper thieves episode was probably the second best out of the bunch. It showed a bit more of the turtles' group dynamics and how immensely incompetent they are when they can't even stage a fake paper store properly or that they need two trackers to follow the enemy. There were some funny moments, although Splinter not even believing in the turtles is even weirder than him being lazy, and there was some decent action near the end.

The junk yard episode was pretty nice. It's still really weird how casual they are about mutants existing in this world now, but it was refreshing to see an episode focused on just Mikey and Donnie. They had some funny moments and I liked how they kept helping the lady with her puppy rescue instead of just taking her home away. The chase scene was pretty cool and had some funny moments.

The pizza restaurant episode was okay. There was a bit more tension and action with this episode than the other ones. It was cool to see April fighting with the turtles a bit more. I actually felt bad for the destructive robot when it was crying over hearing the happy birthday song. Of course, April still lost her job, but the ending does make me wonder if they'll somehow bring back the robot.

Overall, these episodes were pretty nice. The first episode was easily the best of the bunch. That had a good balance of action, comedy and felt all around fun. While I enjoyed all of the other episodes, they didn't quite hit that same high as the premiere episode did. I don't think it was a length issue necessarily. There were some moments where I thought that the episodes were starting to drag a bit even within their eleven minute time run. I think that my main issues come from how the show just throws the audience into the middle of the action without explaining anything and then proceeds to do mostly standalone stories where they treat mutants so casually. It's just a jarring way to start off a series, let alone a TMNT series.

But with that being said, the characters are pretty much fine. The voices for the turtles work better than I expected, most of them have some funny lines/moments that don't feel forced and making the group incompetent fighters, if not just immensely inexperienced, is a different way to handle the turtles. I think that the only character change I don't like is Splinter and that's mainly due to how he doesn't even have faith that the turtles will become great ninjas one day. It does have a nice blend of action and comedy that can work well. I'm still not sure if I'll keep up with the series, but nothing about it really turned me off from it, so I might check out some more if Nickelodeon updates its On Demand section regularly.

Spider-Man

The first episode is fun and goofy but it's also pretty light. It sets up the rest of the series with the Ooze mosquitoes and an ongoing threat and it looks like there's lots of neat possibilities there. The four Turtles are also pretty enjoyable even though they're all pretty quippy and interchangeable. Not sure I understand what they are doing with Splinter, though. It's a fun start and I'll give it a shot but it seems like this take will definitely be lighter and not as heavy or dramatic as the last cartoon. It's hard to tell how much life this version of the TMNT will have.

kanc

the video actually is about Comic-Con Exclusive Rise of TMNT Fans Meet Voice Actors in 360 VR Experience! | #TurtlesTuesday

please keep in mind next time if you want to post the video link, at least explain it in details rather than just posting video link, thanks

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Nickelodeon has announced the series has been renewed for a second season. Press details are below:

NICKELODEON GIVES SECOND-SEASON GREENLIGHT
TO RISE OF THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

TV’s Top Kids’ Shows Henry Danger, Knight Squad, The Dude Perfect Show and Hunter Street Renewed For Additional Seasons

Nickelodeon, the number-one network for kids, announced today that Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the reimagined 2D-animated series, has been greenlit for a second season with 26 episodes. The action-comedy follows the band of brothers, Raph, Leo, Donnie and Mikey, as they discover new powers and encounter a mystical world they never knew existed beneath the streets of New York City. Season two will begin production this fall at Nickelodeon’s headquarters in Burbank, Calif.

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles season one will debut on Monday, Sept. 17, with the global rollout set to premiere this fall across Nickelodeon’s channels and branded blocks in 170+ countries and territories. The all-new original animated series follows the Turtles on different adventures as they master new powers, encounter absurd mutants and battle bizarre villains, each with their own motivations. Ranging from mystics, mutants and madmen, new creatures and villains emerge to take on the brothers in battles across New York City.

The series stars new voice talent Omar Miller (Ballers) as Raph, a jagged-shelled snapping turtle; Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) as Leo, a red-eared slider turtle; Josh Brener (Silicon Valley) as Donnie, a soft-shell turtle; Brandon Mychal Smith (You’re The Worst) as Mikey, a box turtle; Kat Graham (The Vampire Diaries) as April O’Neil, a street savvy native New Yorker; Eric Bauza (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) as Splinter, father figure and sensei to the Turtles; and WWE Superstar John Cena as the villainous, Baron Draxum.

Also announced today is the renewal of four Nickelodeon hits including: the number-one ranked kid’s show (2-11 and 6-11) Henry Danger season five (20 episodes); Knight Squad season two (10 episodes); The Dude Perfect Show season three (15 episodes); and Hunter Street season three (30 episodes).

The announcements were made at the 2018 Television Critics Association press tour held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles.

Henry Danger season five continues to follow Henry Hart (Jace Norman) as he navigates a double life as Kid Danger, the superhero sidekick to Captain Man (Cooper Barnes). The new season will introduce brand-new villains and offer surprises that will expand the mythology of the show. Henry Danger cast also includes: Riele Downs as “Charlotte;” Sean Ryan Fox as “Jasper;” Ella Anderson as “Piper Hart;” Jeffrey Nicholas Brown as “Mr. Hart,” and Michael D. Cohen as “Schwoz,” who has been upped to a series regular. Christopher J. Nowak will serve as showrunner and executive producer. Jake Farrow is executive producer. Henry Danger is created by Dan Schneider.

Knight Squad season two continues to follow fearless teens Arc (Owen Joyner), Ciara (Daniella Perkins), Warwick (Amarr M. Wooten), Prudence (Lexi DiBenedetto), Sage (Lilimar), Buttercup (Savannah May) and Sir Gareth (Kelly Perine) in the kingdom of Astoria, as they train to become elite knights. Knight Squad is created and executive produced by Sean Cunningham & Marc Dworkin.

The Dude Perfect Show returns to Nickelodeon as best friends Tyler Toney, Cody Jones, Garrett Hilbert, twins Coby and Cory Cotton and their beloved panda mascot take fans inside their 25,000 square-foot paradise, as they continue to conquer the craziest games, shots and challenges they can devise. The Dude Perfect Show is produced by Superjacket Productions, Inc.

Hunter Street season three follows the Hunter family on mysterious journeys around Amsterdam, leading them on epic and suspenseful adventures, as they come across puzzling clues, secret rooms and unexpected revelations. Hunter Street is produced by Blooming Media.

Nickelodeon, now in its 39th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 90 million households and has been the number-one-rated kids’ basic cable network for 22 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).

kanc

Nickelodeon has announced the series has been renewed for a second season. Press details are below:

NICKELODEON GIVES SECOND-SEASON GREENLIGHT

TO RISE OF THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

TV’s Top Kids’ Shows Henry Danger, Knight Squad, The Dude Perfect Show and Hunter Street Renewed For Additional Seasons

Nickelodeon, the number-one network for kids, announced today that Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the reimagined 2D-animated series, has been greenlit for a second season with 26 episodes. The action-comedy follows the band of brothers, Raph, Leo, Donnie and Mikey, as they discover new powers and encounter a mystical world they never knew existed beneath the streets of New York City. Season two will begin production this fall at Nickelodeon’s headquarters in Burbank, Calif.

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles season one will debut on Monday, Sept. 17, with the global rollout set to premiere this fall across Nickelodeon’s channels and branded blocks in 170+ countries and territories. The all-new original animated series follows the Turtles on different adventures as they master new powers, encounter absurd mutants and battle bizarre villains, each with their own motivations. Ranging from mystics, mutants and madmen, new creatures and villains emerge to take on the brothers in battles across New York City.

The series stars new voice talent Omar Miller (Ballers) as Raph, a jagged-shelled snapping turtle; Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) as Leo, a red-eared slider turtle; Josh Brener (Silicon Valley) as Donnie, a soft-shell turtle; Brandon Mychal Smith (You’re The Worst) as Mikey, a box turtle; Kat Graham (The Vampire Diaries) as April O’Neil, a street savvy native New Yorker; Eric Bauza (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) as Splinter, father figure and sensei to the Turtles; and WWE Superstar John Cena as the villainous, Baron Draxum.

Also announced today is the renewal of four Nickelodeon hits including: the number-one ranked kid’s show (2-11 and 6-11) Henry Danger season five (20 episodes); Knight Squad season two (10 episodes); The Dude Perfect Show season three (15 episodes); and Hunter Street season three (30 episodes).

The announcements were made at the 2018 Television Critics Association press tour held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles.

Henry Danger season five continues to follow Henry Hart (Jace Norman) as he navigates a double life as Kid Danger, the superhero sidekick to Captain Man (Cooper Barnes). The new season will introduce brand-new villains and offer surprises that will expand the mythology of the show. Henry Danger cast also includes: Riele Downs as “Charlotte;” Sean Ryan Fox as “Jasper;” Ella Anderson as “Piper Hart;” Jeffrey Nicholas Brown as “Mr. Hart,” and Michael D. Cohen as “Schwoz,” who has been upped to a series regular. Christopher J. Nowak will serve as showrunner and executive producer. Jake Farrow is executive producer. Henry Danger is created by Dan Schneider.

Knight Squad season two continues to follow fearless teens Arc (Owen Joyner), Ciara (Daniella Perkins), Warwick (Amarr M. Wooten), Prudence (Lexi DiBenedetto), Sage (Lilimar), Buttercup (Savannah May) and Sir Gareth (Kelly Perine) in the kingdom of Astoria, as they train to become elite knights. Knight Squad is created and executive produced by Sean Cunningham & Marc Dworkin.

The Dude Perfect Show returns to Nickelodeon as best friends Tyler Toney, Cody Jones, Garrett Hilbert, twins Coby and Cory Cotton and their beloved panda mascot take fans inside their 25,000 square-foot paradise, as they continue to conquer the craziest games, shots and challenges they can devise. The Dude Perfect Show is produced by Superjacket Productions, Inc.

Hunter Street season three follows the Hunter family on mysterious journeys around Amsterdam, leading them on epic and suspenseful adventures, as they come across puzzling clues, secret rooms and unexpected revelations. Hunter Street is produced by Blooming Media.

Nickelodeon, now in its 39th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 90 million households and has been the number-one-rated kids’ basic cable network for 22 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).
im sorry if this is offtopic, looks like other shows are also getting renewed!

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
...It's fine.
Overall, I don't hate this show. I feel more ambivalent than anything.
The one thing that's genuinely outstanding about this show is the animation, which I adore and haven't seen anything this stylized since Motorcity

With that said, I feel it's a little too light-hearted, none of the characters with the exception of April feel like who they're supposed to be. They're all just variations of the same person, i.e. Mikey. which for a team based series is a huge mistake. Not even Splinter is safe being hit with the "lazy 'mentor'" shtick which I have to admit is a major killing point for me.

The 1987 Turtles series was a comedy too, but you could tell who each turtle was based on their personality and having those personalities shine through. For the life of me I have no idea what Rise!Leo's personality is supposed to be outside of "the jokester" again

All that said there were a few moments that showed sparks of something more, like in the Pizzeria episode which took more than obvious inspiration from Five Nights at Freddie's.

I want this show to get better. With the second season announced I hope it does. I still really find the premise of the team dynamic being switched around an interesting one and I hope something comes from it later down the line.

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
You know something? This is just like when Nick renewed TMNT 2012 right after that show officially started airing.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts