"Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Sorry for the double post..

According to Google, the first episode of Rise of the TMNT will "debut" on Friday, July 27. This could referring to YTV airing a sneak peek (which could be the first episode), it could also mean that Nick will be airing the first episode as a sneak-peek on that date, too. (Nick and YTV sometimes do simulcasts, such as for KCAs). :)

kanc

According to nickandmore tweet, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles first episode will air Fri Jul 20 at 9:30PM after Kids Choice Sports. It might be special preview, as the other episodes has not yet been scheduled yet

Turtlefan

During the live stream, they also mentioned that Rise of the TMNT will feature "dimension's", allowing fan-favorite characters from past series, such as Ice Cream Kitty, to come back.

Mentioning dimensions, did Nickelodeon mean crossovers with the Nickelodeon TMNT or Fred Wolf TMNT?

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The episode airing next Friday is being promoted as a sneak peek. The promo also says it will be commercial free.

Mandouga

Mentioning dimensions, did Nickelodeon mean crossovers with the Nickelodeon TMNT or Fred Wolf TMNT?

Doesn't matter, IMO. "Dimensions"? Any way you slice it, that was kind of predictable. If (I repeat: IF) this show ends up turning out to be the either the in-name-only rendition it appears to be (at first glace; this is an important point), or the hypocritical rendition where Leo ends up being the leader after all (i.e., when, if anything, he should have been the leader in the first place), then that would mean they're trying to justify that by using the "multiverse" explanation. Nice try, NICK, but that won't work (same with how the 2012 series ended up turning out). Just saying, but while there is a "multiverse" (original comics; 1987 series, 1990s live-action movies, 2003 series [I guess]), that doesn't mean that NICK can whatever it wants with the franchise*, and assume people won't notice / care.

*(sigh) Yes...legally they can, but that still doesn't make it right.

Frontier

Staff member
Look like this show is primed to try and top 2k12 with guest stars and mutants:

Even more famous folks have been added to the guest cast: Lena Headey (Game of Thrones) voices a giant spider mutant named Big Mama; John Michael Higgins (Pitch Perfect) is Warren Stone, a former news anchor turned mutant earthworm; Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants) voices Albearto, a birthday-loving robot; Veep stars Sam Richardson and Tim Simons will be heard as a pair of Draxum’s gargoyles named Huginn and Muninn; Sex Pistols and PiL singer John Rotten Lydon voices a power-seeking mutant pig named Meat Sweats; Rhys Darby (Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle) is Hypno-Potamus, a mutant magician/hippo; Jorge Gutierrez (El Tigre) is Ghostbear, a human pro-wrestler champion who likes to cheat; Rob Paulsen (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) plays Foot Lieutenant, the leader of the Foot Clan; and Maurice LaMarche (Animaniacs) is Foot Brute, the Foot Lieutenant’s right-hand man.

Oh, and I love how they say the leader of the Foot Clan is "Foot Lieutenant" when that name already implies he's probably not the highest guy in the Foot hierarchy :p.
Animation looks pretty good :).

I'm not sure I'm going to care for what seems like a scene where the Turtles forego their traditional weapons for the new ones :sweat:.

kanc

As of today, first two and a half episodes of Rise of the TMNT are now on nick.com. First episode (22 min) is now unlocked episode while the rest are in locked.

Mandouga

To be exact, the first episode is intact, while only the first half of episode 2 is available, with episode three split into two parts.

Dudley

Staff member
With Comcast, I can only watch the first episode.
WHICH WAS AWESOME!

The humor was fun and the visuals were the best I’ve ever seen in a TMNT show, a lot of fun wacky energy that’s better than past series of TMNT I’ve seen!

I hope the rest of the season is this much fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts