RIP Paul Soles, Voice of Spider-Man on the 1967 Animated Series

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Paul Soles passed away at the age of 90. He was the voice of Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the character's first animated series between 1967-1970, where he also provided quite a few additional voices. He reprised his role as Spidey for his guest-appearances on the Spider-Woman animated series, but prior to all of this, Soles was part of the cast for the Marvel Super Heroes Show, the limited animation series that marked the first animated appearances of several Marvel characters. There he provided the voices of Bruce Banner, Rick Jones or Happy Hogan.

Apart from his Marvel roles, his career also includes the classic Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer special, or hosting a late-night talk show, among other projects.

I thought his portrayal of Spider-Man was solid, and one of the reasons the 1960s show so much fun.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I agree. He probably saw some stuff.

Do you know what actor I think has the best career to dig through? Danny Trejo. He literally has the most eclectic and interesting IMDB page out of any actor living or dead.

Danny Trejo is the only person alive who starred in both Machete Kills and Elena Of Avalor. His career has been fascinating.

The Overlord

I agree. He probably saw some stuff.

Do you know what actor I think has the best career to dig through? Danny Trejo. He literally has the most eclectic and interesting IMDB page out of any actor living or dead.

Danny Trejo is the only person alive who starred in both Machete Kills and Elena Of Avalor. His career has been fascinating.

Well, something interesting is a fair amount of Paul Soles may not be well known in the US, such as his recent work, the CBC comedy, ''My 90-Year-Old Room Mate''.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Am I the only one who is getting tired of this marketing strategy as in the "adding/removing/readding content" stuff also known as the regular rotation system associated with streaming services?
I decided to merge some of my recent posts from the Disney+ and HBO Max threads in order to balance it with Paramount+ and Peacock as the six consecutive posts I posted on the former have now been merged and I'm not really happy on that the practice is now used for that thread when said practice was fine with threads relating to TV shows and films than those relating to streaming services but that's just me.
An animated movie based on the Metal Men is in development for the Warner Animation Group. Disney veterans John Musker & Ron Clements are attached to the project.

Much like Sandra Equihua, Lauren Faust also tried pitching her own version of Jem And The Holograms. Much like with Sandra, her pitch didn't go through when the live action movie bombed.

Featured Posts