Right Now Kapow News & Discussion thread

Alex Schubert

Uh...IDK you guys.

Also, RNK and Problem Solverz were both animated using the same program (Flash). The background designer, Jon Vermileya, also drew the backgrounds on Problem Solverz.

Alex Schubert

Another question for you, Alex: Do you work on any other shows?
Yes, I'm working on Apple and Onion at CN now.

Is The Show Cancelled?
Unfortunately, yes. BUT there are still a few episodes that haven't aired, and they're all really good.

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Unfortunately, yes. BUT there are still a few episodes that haven't aired, and they're all really good.
Already? I didn't really care for this show to be perfectly honest with you, but it stinks that it got cancelled after only one season and I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck on Apple and Onion, though.

Yum

Alex, I'm truly sorry for what I've said to you last night, and if I came across as a rude person. A lot of it came from the fact that I was upset at the current state of WB Animation, and wanted some answers as to why things are the way they are. It also came from my exasperation at seeing only two franchises out of the studio that is home to Bugs Bunny, and why they haven't done a lot with the character or any of the other Spielberg cartoons. Or anything equally on par with said franchises. I was hoping someone who worked there could tell me the reasons, but the manner in which I approached it could have been better in retrospect...

ShadowBeast

That's unfortunate. I don't ever recall the show even getting advertised aside from the recent new ones that are coming this month. Even Future Worm and Penn Zero were advertised when they first came out. Any reason for the cancellation?

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
What, since when this show is cancelled, any source of this evidence?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ShadowBeast

XD is going with more Disney-based content for the channel, like Duck Tales.
That feels like it will limit channel's potential. I guess I can assume Pickle and Peanut will canned after it's second season then, which will be good then. But the channel also has anime like Pokemon, Doraemon, and Yo-Kai-Watch, which are not Disney-based programs?

Alex Schubert

There was a strongly negative review of RNK on Animation Brew (based on stills, not a review of the real show) which I feel affected promotion for the show. I don't know that for a fact, but...things like that have happened in the past.

Chevistian C

There was a strongly negative review of RNK on Animation Brew (based on stills, not a review of the real show) which I feel affected promotion for the show. I don't know that for a fact, but...things like that have happened in the past.

Yeah This Video Resumes What Is Worng With Cartoon Brew. Still looking foward to Apple and Onion

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
That's unfortunate to hear of the show's cancellation.

So, when the show ends, does Disney keep the rights or WB? Is it a co-ownership?

Dudley

Staff member

A site mostly visited by older animation enthusiasts and people in the industry affected a show targeted towards children? Odd.

Ah well, it was a fun unique show, and it was cool seeing WB Animation have a show air on a non-Time Warner network.

A lot of people find that weird, but it actually happens in live action programming quite a lot. I guess something like this happening with animation hasn't been a thing since the 90's and syndicated programming.

Last edited:

jaylop97

Staff member
That is unfortunate to hear about the show getting cancelled, it was an alright show but I am glad this one was the first for a Disney/WB coproduction in animation media.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts