Rick & Morty Lands Massive 70 Episode Renewal

Latest News

mimitchi33

Kiratto PriChan, On Air!
Jul 5, 2010
Ratings
73 1
This is amazing! It's almost like a world record or something for the renewal with the most episodes! Anyone know who the previous record holder was?

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ratings
1,538 13
New York
This is amazing! It's almost like a world record or something for the renewal with the most episodes! Anyone know who the previous record holder was?
The 80s and 90s had shows with 65 episodes in their first season. But for a post 90s example, I think it's American Dad where it got picked up for 44 episodes for season 14 and 15 on August 2015.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,241 36 1
Austin, Texas
What ever the case may be hopefully the staff can handle producing that many episodes, it may be within a year or several, any of those two can be very big for the R&M staff to handle.

I.R. Shokew

DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs
Sep 26, 2011
Ratings
1,777 9
Who wants to find me that badly anymore?
Eh..... Season 3 was such a mess, what with that return to an extremely unhealthy and toxic status-quo at the end.

Sure, I can always look forward to more violence done well and R&M themselves getting into crazy stuff (which is what this show thrives on for me!).

However, thinking hard about this, I'm looking forward more to Final Space's 2nd season that I am this. Dang shame, since I like BOTH shows - I just know which one is proving to be the better of the 2, as of late.

Here's hoping I'm proven wrong and THIS actually steps up its game*.

*Seriously - for an example of things that needed to go, IMHO: Jerry & Beth being a couple should NOT be a thing, anymore. Rick was wrong for getting in the way of both of them, so no one is in the right here, but come on - this failed relationship drama needed to die a long time ago.