Reviews: "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" - Super Hero [6/1]

livingfruitvirus

No! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
ASC continues with tonight's new ATHF.

DESCRIPTION: Master Shake becomes obsessed with a new super hero... Who is "The Drizzle?" We'll find out soon enough!!

Yup.

Cyber E.

Eh, it was okay. It certainly wasn't the best episode, not many funny lines, it delivered more visual comedy than verbal. The whole Drizzle/Fume thing got alittle old after awhile. The ending was...okay.

-aJb

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
SNS said:
Poor Shake :p

he deserved it!
chicken.gif

great episode! really funny especially the dr. weird part!

EightOh

They're fake
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't even close to being one of my favorites. It just seemed a bit... dull, or something. It had some funny parts, but it dragged, and there weren't really enough humorous exchanges. I liked Steve's response in the opening and the "Fat Albert in a can" line, though.

MRThundercleese

3 Hams Will Thrill Him!
I loved this episode. It's probably my third favorite now behind Dumber Dolls, and the second mooninites episode. Just cause I'm a fanboy. but it was a great episode I give it :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: 4 out of 5 shakes

Artemis

For Great Justice!!
Weak! Especially for ATHF. It was overall dull and boring and didn't seem to go anywhere. Only funny things were Master Shake's "meltdown" and "Fat Albert in the can" and they only brought out light chuckled ast best. It was just a dull episode.

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
Augh! I don't understand what's up with you people.

That was EXACTLY the kind of classic ATHF humor the show is known for. Great adlibbing from Snyder, lots of funny storyline pieces like Meatwad trying to be a sidekick, the goofy sense of continuity established with the worms becoming giant monsters...

It was definitely better than:

- The 2001 season
- PDA
- Cybernetic Ghost

The Landstander

Thanks ants. Thants.
Sorry, Wilson *cough*Willy*cough*, but I'm in the weak club for this episode. It just wasn't funny to me. No specific reason...I just didn't find much funny. Maybe I'll get more if I watch it a few times, but for ATHF (especially with that big "Who Is The Drizzle?" thing), this was dissappointing. C

Positives: Shake melting, some of the whole Drizzle character
Negatives: Bah, memory fading, can't remember specifics...I just didn't laugh much at it.

Though I agree it was better than PDA.

sl4

Still posting for some reason
Tonight's episode was good, in my opinion. I don't like to rate episodes, really. They're advertised as comedy shows, so as long as they're funny, they're okay with me. :)

Aurochs

Long hair!
superloud4 said:
Tonight's episode was good, in my opinion. I don't like to rate episodes, really. They're advertised as comedy shows, so as long as they're funny, they're okay with me. :)

Yeah, I agree. Ratings are bourgeois. A bad episode of an Adult Swim show is still better then 80 percent of television.

- The 2001 season
- PDA
- Cybernetic Ghost

I'd have to disagree. Cybernetic Ghost, especially, is a classic episode.

Jethro_McB

NUGGGGGHHHHHH
Matt Wilson said:
- Cybernetic Ghost

OBJECTION, because Danzig for 2 minutes = 15 minutes worth of laughs.

On the subject of "Super Hero" - this was a really good episode. Shake's constant flip-flopping on the subject of his super heroic identity was really funny, totally in-character too. Also, his complete obliviousness to his gradual destruction was funny on a more subversive level. Meatwad, though, STOLE THIS EPISODE AND MADE IT HIS OWN. I present people's exhibits A-D:

A) "This phone doesn't have text messaging. This is a suck-phone."
B) "Fat Albert is in your butt. Okay. In your butt. He's in your butt."
C) "When I get pissed, YOU get mist."
D) The mirror gag.

Good, not top-of-the-line, but I laughed and that was the point of the show. B+

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
Danzig for 2 minutes = unnecessary cameo that isn't funny and just says the F word over and over again. Yeah, a constant string of swear words is SOOOOO hilarious. :/

DianaGohan

For Shizzle My Main Hizzle We Finally Get To Fizzle With The Drizzle. The Aqua Teen Hunger Force Episode Review of "Super Hero".

I think to be able to appreciate this episode, you have to realize it's a parody of you're regualar Super Hero episodes, and the fact that most of the humor comes from the dialogue, most of which is provided by Master Shake. First off, the Dr. Weird segment was good (With Steve not wanting to be involved with Dr. Weird's Snake experiment) and then we dive right into the crisis. It turns out the Drizzle, the Super Hero we've been hearing Months about is Shake's own fantasy character who he plans to use to gain profits from citizens who buy his stuff and to also save some girls. Very funny conversations with Frylock on what the Drizzle is and what his powers are ("He can make the sky pour down with rain and... ruin the Villians Plan's so they have to come back another day, for which he rains on them again. It's a continious cycle) to (In a Marvel inspired idea) has Radioactive Worms try to bite him, and then pours radiation on himself. More hilariousness ensuses when he gets a call From Frylock and Meatwad ("Is Fat Albert in the can?") to trying to pretend to be the Drizzle and Shake at the same time. Meatwad had a nice bit as the Mist Man, The Drizzle's sidekick, and then informed Shake on his new radioactiveness, which made Shake become the Fume, and go out and try to stop crime. Or start it, whatever. I liked Shake's line on how secret idenity's get jack crap money and attention, and then the ending where he's melting into a puddle and Frylock and Meatwad go to Carl's, put not before Meatwad shows him the hideous freak he's become. To summerize, a hilarious episode that only a few people will get. A++

The Landstander

Thanks ants. Thants.
I liked Cybernetic Ghost...except for Danzig. The Ghost himself, and the meaningless history of Carl's pool...now that was great.

Spike Mcdougal

The Legendary Outlaw
Matt Wilson said:
Danzig for 2 minutes = unnecessary cameo that isn't funny and just says the F word over and over again. Yeah, a constant string of swear words is SOOOOO hilarious. :/

Well to me it is.

And chalk it up to a memory lapse but I just realized that Carl is still around. I thought Danzig was permenant oh well.

Looks like i'm getting my wish last week Shake got killed and then this week he turned into a worthles mutated puddle of whatever the hell flavor he is.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy birthday to Matt Vogel (52) and Kirsten Day (40).

The internet explodes today...Get ready for the trailer of a lifetime.
today is the day of the Mario movie trailer
I know this is nerdy pedantry but it bug me when writers refer to cartoons that aired in Prime Time or Syndication as "Saturday Morning Cartoons". I don't expect the average person to know/care, but when you're writing an article or a video essay? Come on, you should get that right.
Oh hey today is my 8th anniversary here, I regret sometimes not making my account sooner, since I knew about this place as early as 2012. Anyhow time sure flies.

Featured Posts