Ren And Stimpy Reboot For Comedy Central

chocolate

Mentally Still in 2016
We are going to have another 'Adult Party Cartoon' again, I think it's best not to touch the show again after that catastrophe.

Reactions: RDG

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
Seems like it was an insult directed at the person doubting her statements. Not that her initial comments were a joke. That's how I interpreted it.
And THAT is why I had my doubts on the whole thing.

She could have given them a simple answer on who the sources are, she could have said "So-and-so, whatshisname, that guy, and some dude have talked to me about it and said it was shelved." Her sources could have corroborated her on this on their social media channels. But no. She stooped low.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter

She could have given them a simple answer on who the sources are, she could have said "So-and-so, whatshisname, that guy, and some dude have talked to me about it and said it was shelved." Her sources could have corroborated her on this on their social media channels. But no. She stooped low.
It was a pretty immature way to respond, but I dunno, we'll see.

Honestly, I have no emotional stake in this show happening at all, but I do find the whole debate fascinating.

harry580

I don't believe that the Ren and Stimpy reboot was shelved. The reboot will happen after all.
i wonder they move the reboot to paramount plus and rework it to fit its original nickelodeon format and without the john pedo bear spumco lasseter wannabe kricfalusi

Light Lucario

Staff member

Maybe I'm just being more willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but it is possible that her sources didn't want to be named. Like I mentioned before, they usually don't have big official announcements on shows that were shelved, so I don't think that they'd waste time on multiple social media channels announcing that this reboot wasn't going to happen, especially when it is possible that Comedy Central doesn't want to have more spotlight on this project. I don't think that there were that many people happy about the potential reboot to begin with.

I could understand being skeptical about this if Bob Camp also didn't hear that the reboot was shelved. That's a big reason why I don't think she just made this up. That and making this up would just inevitably backfire on her, which I don't think she'd want to do when she already gets harassed for speaking out against a sexual abusing creep. Granted, I also like the idea of the reboot not happening myself. Doing so at this point just feels so tasteless to me, but I also don't want Robyn to get more harassment or more people to accuse her and the other women John K. abused to be liars. Lying about this reboot being shelved wouldn't really benefit Robyn in the long run either, so I can't really see why she'd do it.

DonTrashRoom

Maybe I'm just being more willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but it is possible that her sources didn't want to be named. Like I mentioned before, they usually don't have big official announcements on shows that were shelved, so I don't think that they'd waste time on multiple social media channels announcing that this reboot wasn't going to happen, especially when it is possible that Comedy Central doesn't want to have more spotlight on this project. I don't think that there were that many people happy about the potential reboot to begin with.

I could understand being skeptical about this if Bob Camp also didn't hear that the reboot was shelved. That's a big reason why I don't think she just made this up. That and making this up would just inevitably backfire on her, which I don't think she'd want to do when she already gets harassed for speaking out against a sexual abusing creep. Granted, I also like the idea of the reboot not happening myself. Doing so at this point just feels so tasteless to me, but I also don't want Robyn to get more harassment or more people to accuse her and the other women John K. abused to be liars. Lying about this reboot being shelved wouldn't really benefit Robyn in the long run either, so I can't really see why she'd do it.
Still, the way she responded was really immature. If her sources didn't want to be named, she could have said, "Sadly, my sources prefer not to be named for fear of blackmail/retaliation" or something else along those lines.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Still, the way she responded was really immature. If her sources didn't want to be named, she could have said, "Sadly, my sources prefer not to be named for fear of blackmail/retaliation" or something else along those lines.

That would have been a better way to handle this, but given how people have treated her after speaking out against John K., I can't really blame her for having a short fuse either. While the person who asked her about her sources wasn't that rude, she still probably doesn't want to deal with a lot of people doubting her. Some people would still assume that she's lying if she couldn't name her source too. I'm not saying that Robyn handled this perfectly, but I don't really see much of a reason to assume that she's lying based on this one reply for multiple reasons.

DonTrashRoom

According to Billy West, the reboot's still on:

I was always skeptical of the statement Robin Byrd put out, but this is the final nail in the coffin for that. I don't want this next statement to come off as victim-blaming, but whatever "sources" Byrd had that she refused to name are questionable at best.

And yes, I am aware Bob Camp said that he heard it was shelved, too, but the keyword here is "heard", so whoever told him that could also have been disreputable.

AdrenalineRush1996

I was always skeptical of the statement Robin Byrd put out, but this is the final nail in the coffin for that. I don't want this next statement to come off as victim-blaming, but whatever "sources" Byrd had that she refused to name are questionable at best.

And yes, I am aware Bob Camp said that he heard it was shelved, too, but the keyword here is "heard", so whoever told him that could also have been disreputable.
I don't think it will be the final nail in the coffin for what Byrd said since I still think there's a chance that the reboot may likely not get released as I am still sceptical that this will get released, not to mention that I really don't want angry fans to invoke more victim blaming towards her.

DonTrashRoom

I don't think it will be the final nail in the coffin for what Byrd said since I still think there's a chance that the reboot may likely not get released as I am still sceptical that this will get released, not to mention that I really don't want angry fans to invoke more victim blaming towards her.
As I said before, I would wait for an official statement from ViacomCBS, or if a full year has passed with no news or reconfirmation.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently I matter to people. That's sort of nice to know. Granted, I'd prefer more favorable opinions, but it's nice to know people care I exist, even if it's merely to wish I don't.
CNC
Here's my Ideal Disney XD schedule for next week. What do you think?
harry580 wrote on Streaker Prower's profile.
I like your profile picture, tails is my favorite
sunnsettapple wrote on Eddy_Girly's profile.
(Part 1)
Hello,
I know this is a weird long shot and I doubt you'll even get this message, but I'm doing some lost media research and I have very few leads. Some old forum posts that came up on a Google search lead me to believe there's a small chance you may be able to help.
Last month, someone found the Cyberchase pilot

Featured Posts