Rejected plot elements

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
actually, that was never a part of "rats!", it was a whole nuther episode that didn't get made...it was intended to counter-act the "terry ditches dana to fight crime" trend, (see "splicers" as well as "rats!")....

murakami-san's idea was to throw a bunch of crime-fightin' obstacles in terry's way as he tries to keep his date with dana, but he actually does get there on time at the end...alan burnett wanted to change the story so that terry DOESN'T get there on time, dana dumps him, and terry ends up with max on the rebound....since we couldn't agree on it, we just killed the story dead....

For the better, Mr. Murakami's idea seemed to rehash elements of BTAS' "Appointment in Crime Alley" too much.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
ShadowStar said:
Anyone know what the original plan for the last Static Shock episode was yet?

If memory serves, Static was to meet the man who killed his Mother.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts