Rejected Marvel Designs and Show Pitches

brodie999

Code Red Was still planned for S2, but more faithfully adapted from the Red Zone comic arc by Geoff Johns and apparently, but unnecessarily, they wanted to make it a 2-parter.

Attachments

• 107961759_684158995464841_5574581922033837956_n.jpg
    107961759_684158995464841_5574581922033837956_n.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 154

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
An animated Iron Man series almost happened in the Eighties.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The 80s Iron Man show (and most if not all of the others mentioned in the link) were brought up in this thread from the 1st page.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I've never gotten around to fully watching Howard the Duck, though I somehow ended up in possession of this giant kids picture book for the movie when I was little. The thought of what it could have been like as a PG/PG13 animated movie really intrigues me. Lucas had already dipped into similar territory with producing Twice Upon a Time around then, one of the first animated movies I remember ever seeing. I imagine that his name would have been a boon as a push for more unique, and well funded, animated movies in the 80s, similar to how Spielberg's was with the Bluth movies and Roger Rabbit. I can't imagine that Disney would not have wasted nuclear war if an animated Howard movie happened.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It's kind of funny how most animated Howard the Duck projects end up cancelled, like these plans for a movie or his more recent Hulu series which actually made it pretty far all things considering.

I don't recall hearing Unlimited started out as anything else other than an adaptation of "Spider-Man 2099" before being re-worked into what it turned out to be. Pretty interesting in hindsight.

The "Ultimate Avengers Vs. X-Men" movie could have been pretty cool. It must have been discussed on these forums before, but it's kind of a shame it was never produced. I also like how the interview mentions this would have been similar to Hulk Vs. (still one of my favorite pieces of Marvel animation), with 2 shorter movies paired together. Having a Thor & Beta Ray Bill story would have been pretty fun, too.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The "Ultimate Avengers Vs. X-Men" movie could have been pretty cool. It must have been discussed on these forums before, but it's kind of a shame it was never produced. I also like how the interview mentions this would have been similar to Hulk Vs. (still one of my favorite pieces of Marvel animation), with 2 shorter movies paired together. Having a Thor & Beta Ray Bill story would have been pretty fun, too.
I'm not sure if a short would have been sufficient to really do a good story but I guess it's sort of like two episodes of a TV show if it was going to be about 44 minutes or something. Maybe they could have pulled it off. I would have been excited for X-Men versus Avengers anything though.

To be honest, I'm not sure if that would've been preferable to what we got with Unlimited :sweat:.
When I go back to Spider-Man Unlimited, I admire the style and the look so much but I'm just not a fan of the whole Counter Earth thing, at least not for the premise of the entire show. I much prefer that they tried something different though than to see them totally recreate the old comics from the '60s like that right on the heels of a long-running show that was the introduction of Spider-Man to so many already. I think it would have been too soon to go through all those motions again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
When I go back to Spider-Man Unlimited, I admire the style and the look so much but I'm just not a fan of the whole Counter Earth thing, at least not for the premise of the entire show. I much prefer that they tried something different though than to see them totally recreate the old comics from the '60s like that right on the heels of a long-running show that was the introduction of Spider-Man to so many already. I think it would have been too soon to go through all those motions again.

Batman Beyond comparisons aside, I would've been down for a Spider-Man 2099 cartoon :).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Oh, definitely. I honestly thought that's what the show was initially going to be back then before I really took a good look at the promos.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
This is a more minor thing, but it's worth mentioning. Christopher Yost mentioned how he would've done a DVD movie about The Squadron Supreme. It's more like a "I wish I could've done this", but it's worth mentioning.

Frontier

Staff member
This is a more minor thing, but it's worth mentioning. Christopher Yost mentioned how he would've done a DVD movie about The Squadron Supreme. It's more like a "I wish I could've done this", but it's worth mentioning.

I'm curious if EMH would've leaned into the Squadron as Justice League analogue's more or less like Assemble did...

There's a lot of stuff Assemble ended up doing that I would've liked to have seen EMH's take on (Thanos, Thunderbolts, Squadron, the Inhumans, etc.).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm curious if EMH would've leaned into the Squadron as Justice League analogue's more or less like Assemble did...
Maybe. I mean, Scott Menville essentially voiced a very Robin like Bucky. He even used a very similar voice. I could imagine something similar for the Squadron with casting some Justice League voice actors in the roles .

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts