Rejected Marvel Designs and Show Pitches

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I forgot how surprised I was when we got Season 2 of Armored Adventures so it would have been that much more so if we got a Season 3. It would have been cool to see Tony interact with Captain America as well. It's interesting how he'd just be out of commission in old shows for one reason or another.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Oh, some interesting tidbits in that interview. Sounds like Auman REALLY wanted to introduce the Raiders since we almost got them over Iron Man 2099.

Frontier

Staff member
There was a pitch to do a Colossus vs Omega Red episode in X-Men:The Animated Series called Bring Me Charles Xavier:
November 2016 – X-Men: The Animated Series
Y'know, it's always just kind of amused me that we've had Colossus in three X-Men cartoons but he was never really a regular part of the team in any of them.

The only time he's a part of the team are in the seasons they tease but never happen :sweat:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It's always been bizarre to me. He's had enough diverse cartoon appearances to make one of those animation evolution videos but he's probably had about 8 minutes of dialogue combined for the last 30 plus years. Maybe he'll really get his shot next time.

brodie999

September 11th:
Thomas Perkins draw the Super-Adaptoid while he was working on EMH. And he said he might draw characters like the Silver Surfer, Namor, the Squadron Supreme and Nova in EMH-style one day.

Christopher Yost said before Man of Action took over the show, they had a Nova episode planned, Emperor Stark was originally titled "Emperor Doom". And the series finale was a 3-parter where the Avengers fought Galactus on Hala.

November 17th:
Hey, guys. I talked to Christopher Yost on Twitter and found out more information on what could've been in the second half of EMH Season 2.

-Silver Surfer WAS allowed to be used in the 3-parter series finale, but they chose not to, not wanting to introduce him right away.

-Along Came a Spider... and New Avengers were left as they was planned.

-Scarlet Witch was never planned for Emperor Doom because it wouldn't be a proper introduction for her to the show. Sentry and Quicksilver were also never planned for Season 2.

-The finale episode wasn't originally titled "Avengers Assemble". Only the Avengers would've faced Galactus and it would've had a different title.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Even if it wasn't a full series, how cool would a stylized series of shorts along the lines of Rocket & Groot or Ant-Man have been for Captain Marvel?

spyke

This video goes into more detail on the Captain Marvel cartoon pitch, with some more character designs.

FYI, there is some explicit language in the video.

That interview pretty much confirms what many of us have been saying about Marvel Animation ever since Loeb and Quesada started calling the shots, which is they don't really know how animation works. Notice how both MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN and AVENGERS ASSEMBLE:BLACK PANTHER'S QUEST (as well as the last couple of seasons of USM) are much better shows than the previous seasons of AA and the other synergy driven Marvel shows now that Loeb and Quesada's influence on the animation division has been dialed back/lessened.

RoryWilliams

I'm driving myself crazy trying to find info, but I could've sworn I'd read at some point there was going to be a Hulk cartoon to follow the 2003 movie, but it never got made. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Both of these Hulk pitches were brought up on the first page of the thread (there's some concept art, too). The "Teen Hulk" concept was supposed to be a follow-up to the 2003 series, and later on elements from the proposed "Gamma Corps" were included in Avengers: EMH.

Frontier

Staff member
It's kind of funny to think that all these Hulk pitches seemed so tonally different from what the Hulk movies were actually like :p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts