Rejected Marvel Designs and Show Pitches

TFormersMarvel

Not sure if Faust ever talked about this before, but in a conversation between Jenny Calabro and Faust dropped this nugget:

I would honestly be curious to learn more about it. Marvel sort of has its DC SHG counterpart with the Marvel Rising brand, thought hat series' approach is more traditional compared to Faust's tendencies for cartoony action-comedy.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I always thought a New Mutants series could have been one of the coolest counterparts to Young Justice that Marvel could have made.

A Faust pitch sounds very interesting to me. I imagine that she might a pretty big fan to even pitch it. Too bad that Marvel didn't bite. I wonder what the roster was.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
A Faust pitch sounds very interesting to me. I imagine that she might a pretty big fan to even pitch it. Too bad that Marvel didn't bite. I wonder what the roster was.
I assumed it would've been the classic roster, especially since Kitty was involved, but maybe they would've thrown some kids from Generation X or the New X-Men in there...

SweetShop209

So, here's another interesting pitch from Ben Bates. He once tried pitching a show that focused on a hero pretending to be a villain for a team called The Night Shift so as to take down evil from the inside. Two of the members are named Gypsy Moth and Tatterdemalion. He mentions this would've been a hard sell.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Kitty Pryde is Shadowcat, unless they were planning on changing things up for the show. Out of the others Wolfsbane has probably had the most exposure outside of comics, and I don't think Karma has been featured in any cartoon (outside of some possible brief cameos). The show could have been pretty fun.

Frontier

Staff member
So, here's another interesting pitch from Ben Bates. He once tried pitching a show that focused on a hero pretending to be a villain for a team called The Night Shift so as to take down evil from the inside. Two of the members are named Gypsy Moth and Tatterdemalion. He mentions this would've been a hard sell.

I can see why, but it still would've been pretty neat. They would be cool to see in an Avengers cartoon :).
Kitty Pryde is Shadowcat, unless they were planning on changing things up for the show. Out of the others Wolfsbane has probably had the most exposure outside of comics, and I don't think Karma has been featured in any cartoon (outside of some possible brief cameos). The show could have been pretty fun.
She didn't even make it to the New Mutants movie :sweat:.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently, in addition to the DreamWorks incarnation of Trolls... Disney Channel aired the DiC one?
they can bring back g4, chiller, and cloo back on xumo, i mean if they bring back spike tv for pluto tv, why not chiller, cloo, and g4 for xumo
Hey guys, I'm back! Been gone for almost a year from having a lot on my plate but now I have more free time. I hope everyone here is making it through these tough and difficult times.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of when Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask was released in North America. Majora's Mask was the second game from the franchise I played and certainly fits with the Halloween theme.
Why did Adult Swim air the Family Guy episode Wasted Talent as part of the Halloween special?