Rejected Marvel Designs and Show Pitches

Latest News & Videos

RoryWilliams

Sep 19, 2010
The Tardis
Interestingly, both Thanos and Dragon Man made it into the cartoon's accompanying action figure line, and were the only ones who had toys made to not actually make an appearance on the series.

Wouldn't be surprised if there were plans for them to show up but then things were thrown out of wack by the whole behind the scenes shakeup between seasons 1 and 2.

Last edited:

dmxx116

Jul 21, 2007
New York City
Here the Script sixth season episode of Spider-Man: The Animated Series Peter finds Mary Jane:

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
I dunno. I kinda doubt that, even if the show was renewed, they would have been allowed to go ahead with that script. On-screen bloodied dead body, allusions to prostitution and someone called Jack the Ripper (remember, the word Sinister was too far for this show) don't seem like the kind of stuff this show would have gotten away with.

Plus, was this supposed to be just one episode or two-parter? Seems kinda overstuffed for the former.

Reactions: Frontier

Pattern_Maker

Nov 6, 2019
U.S.
I dunno. I kinda doubt that, even if the show was renewed, they would have been allowed to go ahead with that script. On-screen bloodied dead body, allusions to prostitution and someone called Jack the Ripper (remember, the word Sinister was too far for this show) don't seem like the kind of stuff this show would have gotten away with.
That could have been a rough draft to brainstorm ideas and not what the final draft would have been after going through edits and revisions.

dmxx116

Jul 21, 2007
New York City
Come on Marvel Studios and Disney get John Semper Jr so he can most of his team back to make Peter finds Mary Jane as a mini series, It work for a Snyder Cut.