Rejected Marvel Designs and Show Pitches

Latest News & Videos

dmxx116

Jul 21, 2007
New York City
Eric Lewald on his pitch for a sixth season of X-Men:TAS:

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
Sorry to be party pooping nitpicker, but that's not really a rejected pitch. Just Lewald spitballing an idea at the top of his head during an interview.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Kind of a minor point, but I found one more bit about the "Hulk & Son" show, towards the end of this archived interview with Jason Marsden (I think it's from around 2003).
JM: I just booked, actually — you're the first to know — they're doing an animated version of The Hulk. So I'm playing Bryce Banner, Bruce Banner's son ...

ST: He has a son?

JM: (laughs) In this version he does ... who is also a Hulk. I just hope it's not corny like Popeye and Son.

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Kind of a minor point, but I found one more bit about the "Hulk & Son" show, towards the end of this archived interview with Jason Marsden (I think it's from around 2003).
Huh, interesting that they would've been far along into it to have been able to get to casting but it doesn't sound like Marsden's read any scripts yet :confused:.

If Marsden was the son, I wonder who they planned to voice Hulk? I think this was before Tatasciore became the "definitive" Hulk voice...

Come to think of it, isn't Marsden's only Marvel role Nova in Super Hero Squad? I can't think of anything else :sweat:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Come to think of it, isn't Marsden's only Marvel role Nova in Super Hero Squad? I can't think of anything else :sweat:.
Looking through his Wikipedia page, he also was Ollie Osnick/Steel Spider on USM, and one of the kid Hulks on Agents of SMASH in that "Days of Future Smash" arc (so in a way, he did get to play pretty much the same role he was talking about here).

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Was there truth to the claim that Wolverine and the X-Men was originally going to be a solo Wolverine TV series?
I think in one of the special features for WaTXM on DVD (it might have even been on Hulk vs., come to think of it) they mentioned the original plan was for the show to just center on Wolverine before they developed it into an X-Men cartoon with Wolverine as the leader.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I think in one of the special features for WaTXM on DVD (it might have even been on Hulk vs., come to think of it) they mentioned the original plan was for the show to just center on Wolverine before they developed it into an X-Men cartoon with Wolverine as the leader.
Yeah, Craig Kyle has said this a few times.