Rejected Marvel Designs and Show Pitches

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Well I meant more that Widow didn't appear in any of the shows of the time, not counting bumpers and commercials and whatever else. I don't think she ever had a cameo, either. In a way I was thinking how they squeezed in a bunch of characters for Iron Man's team during his show's 1st season, and they had Hawkeye in there. Nowadays you usually see Clint and Natasha together in the same team. (But in hindsight it's probably better Widow didn't appear there, considering how less than stellar those earlier episodes were :p)
Now I'm thinking about what an X-Men episode inspired by that one issue could have been like.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
So, this is slightly off-topic, but apparently they were planning for Spider-Man to have a cameo in The Mitchells Vs. the Machines. It's a minor thing but I thought it was kind of amusing given Phil Lord & Chris Miller were involved with this movie, too. It would have been cool if Spidey showed up in another, unrelated Sony Pictures Animation movie. Apparently they would be open to a cross-over between Spider-Verse and this new movie, though I doubt much will actually come out of this idea.

(Note the article might contain spoilers for The Mitchells Vs. the Machines).

AdrenalineRush1996

There were plans to do an X-Men animated series on NBC, serving as a spinoff to Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.

Frontier

Staff member
There were plans to do an X-Men animated series on NBC, serving as a spinoff to Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.
No surprise they were trying to spin off the X-Men that early :p.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Supposedly, they had an X-Men series pitched for NBC since about 1978. Then it seemed as though they had two backdoor pilots on Amazing Friends; The Education of a Superhero and The X-Men Adventure. I remember reading that they were considering the lineup from education of a superhero along with VideoMan and Carol Danvers as Lady Lightning. Thank goodness that didn't go through. I'm biased, so I always think Pryde gets a lot of undeserved flack as a pilot but it really was them fine-tuning things all the way from the '70s until we eventually got the Fox/Saban series.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

I remember reading that they were considering the lineup from education of a superhero along with Videoman and Carol Danvers as Lady Lightning.
Lady Lightning? I don't know why they didn't go with either Ms. Marvel or Binary for Carol in the planned NBC animated series, considering that she used both identities during her time as an unofficial member of the team.
It's kind of interesting to think how an 80's X-Men cartoon would have faired compared to the 90's show...
I know, right?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I don't remember hearing this before but it was brought up again after the Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer (which can be discussed here)-

Chris Miller and Phil Lord pitched a cross-over between Spider-Ham and the live-action actors for Spider-Man (Tom Holland, Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire). Sony apparently rejected the idea last year and said it was "too soon" for something like that.

the greenman

I don't remember hearing this before but it was brought up again after the Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer (which can be discussed here)-

Chris Miller and Phil Lord pitched a cross-over between Spider-Ham and the live-action actors for Spider-Man (Tom Holland, Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire). Sony apparently rejected the idea last year and said it was "too soon" for something like that.
Quick, someone call WB and Kevin Conroy.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk