Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Things with Milestone always seem complicated :ack:.
I wonder if this was around the time Weisman and Vietti briefly had the same issues but in their case, it went away almost immediately.

John Semper Jr wanted do an episode with NBA Hall of Famer Shaq meeting Superman for the first time in Static:
<looks at source> lol. Looks familiar. :p

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Frontier

Staff member
Tim Sheridan talked a little about his work on Justice League Action in this video. Around the 7:15 mark he mentions the original idea for the episode "Unleashed" was to feature Flash instead of Plastic Man. And at 9:25, he talks about an episode he wrote featuring Mad Mod, that ended up being too expensive to produce so they scrapped it.
I'm always down for more Justice League Action news, even if it's posthumously :D.

Mad Mod in a Justice League show instead of a Teen Titans one would've been neat ;).

RoryWilliams

Anyone have the early DCAU concept art (I think) showing a bunch of heroes fighting a bunch of villains? I don't know what show it was for, but it had a couple of characters who never ended up appearing in the DCAU, like Blue Beetle.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
James Tucker said back in April that he had plans to do a third Teen Titans DTV film for the DCAMU continuity before the decision to end it with Apokolips War, which nixed those plans.
And Ernie Altbacker said that Dick and Kory would've ultimately gotten married in that.

I'm gutted that it never got materialised and frankly, had Didio and co decided not to end it with that film trying to be DC's answer to Infinity War and Endgame (Crisis on Infinite Earths already occupy that position), we could've gotten this.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
That looks pretty nice. Apart from being too similar to DCSHG, I also don't think the Wonder Twins are really that well known to receive their own show. But I like the supporting cast of characters shown here, like Stargirl or Firestorm. I wonder if all this could potentially end up being used in the current DCSHG series, with a few tweaks.

Frontier

Staff member
I found something from Kat Hudson (a character designer for DC Superhero Girls 2019). She mentions how she tried pitching a Wonder Twins series. She said the pitch was good, but it was seen as being too similar to the former.

Wow! She put a lot of work into this! I can see the tonal and story similarities to DCSHG (Catwoman and Cheetah are even used as villain) but I think this could've been a really fun series and take on the Wonder Twins :).

I love how Wendy and Marvin are there given Zan and Jayna basically replaced them on Super Friends :p.
That looks pretty nice. Apart from being too similar to DCSHG, I also don't think the Wonder Twins are really that well known to receive their own show. But I like the supporting cast of characters shown here, like Stargirl or Firestorm. I wonder if all this could potentially end up being used in the current DCSHG series, with a few tweaks.
Now that you mention it, Stargirl, Dolphin, and Mari McCabe as Vixen (we only saw her as Mari) weren't in the original DCSHG...

ShadowStar

Hearing that it sounds to me like James Tucker was actually fired from his position against his will. I'm not okay with that, even if I hated Apokalips War.

It might be worth mentioning that the core ideas/stories in Tucker's Teen Titans films mirror those of the live-action Titans series.

Spoilers for those who haven't seen Titans (I know you have, Fone Bone, but others reading this thread may not have seen it):

Season 1: Raven and Trigon (therefore similarities to Justice League vs. Teen Titans are inevitable despite the use of a largely different line-up of characters).
Season 2: Deathstroke and his protege spy (Terra in the Judas Contract film, though it's Ravager in the live-action series).
Season 3: Blackfire (based on the the season 2 end credit teaser).

This overlap may have been viewed by D.C. and Warner Bros. as beneficial, but it's also possible that it may not have gone down well with certain parties. I have no inside knowledge regarding any of this -- just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts