Rejected Designs and Show Pitches

Latest News & Videos

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
That's all you had to say. Time to build a time machine and go green light this movie!
An aside: I never much cared for Quest for Camelot. I still love The Iron Giant as well as Cats Don't Dance (a shame that Warners never really knew what to do with that last movie that they inherited from Turner).

Reactions: Frontier
Aug 8, 2019
West Coast
An aside: I never much cared for Quest for Camelot. I still love The Iron Giant as well as Cats Don't Dance (a shame that Warners never really knew what to do with that last movie that they inherited from Turner).
Cat's Don't Dance was one of my favorite movies. I was so shocked James Ingram, who sang the song, 'Our Time Has Come' passed away earlier this year.

But getting back on topic here...

Apparently, a Green Arrow animated movie was planned a few years ago but was later cancelled.

Also, the Legion of Superheroes animated series that aired on CW was originally pitched to Cartoon Network, who wanted a Superman animated series that would coincide with the release of Superman Returns. Cartoon network ended up rejecting the pitch so it was moved to CW.

I'm not sure if there's any other rejected DC animated shows I can think of.

Reactions: Frontier

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
May 13, 2006
Advanced Idea Mechanics
More "unused" than "rejected", but the Beware the Batman Two-Face sketches Shane Glines teased years ago have seemingly surfaced. They appear to have been uploaded to the fan wiki back in November of last year, but I can't find any artist sources. They sort of look like Glenn Wong's concept art he also put up a while ago.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
More "unused" than "rejected", but the Beware the Batman Two-Face sketches Shane Glines teased years ago have seemingly surfaced. They appear to have been uploaded to the fan wiki back in November of last year, but I can't find any artist sources. They sort of look like Glenn Wong's concept art he also put up a while ago.
I was honestly expecting his Justice League Action design was what Beware Two-Face would've looked like, but these seem a little different (the last one on the bottom is probably the most similar).

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
Wow, I really like them. I so wish DC would bring both GL and Beware back in some form.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
Wow, I really like them. I so wish DC would bring both GL and Beware back in some form.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
I'll admit, I liked that take on Green Lantern much better than Beware the Batman. I wasn't particularly fond of that version of Batman's mythos and the show's Gotham City was a bit too sterile and empty for my taste.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I'll admit, I liked that take on Green Lantern much better than Beware the Batman. I wasn't particularly fond of that version of Batman's mythos and the show's Gotham City was a bit too sterile and empty for my taste.
The fate of most first season CGI shows...

For me, my main issue was that their take on Anarky had virtually nothing to do with the character from the comics. But that's been an issue for the character across every adaption :sweat:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Jerry Gaylord posted some art from a pitch about alternate versions of the Trinity traveling through the multiverse. I don't really remember seeing this before. It was posted a couple of weeks ago, though I am not sure when the actual pitch was made.

In the comments, he also talks a little about these versions of Superman and Batman.
my idea was that he is maybe Superman's grandson that grew up with the legacy so he hasnt earned it and is taking it for granted. His character arc would be actually becoming a hero
So he is from a neo japan earth, where everything is neon and futuristic. Unlike the usual Bruce Wayne he was never rich. His parents never had any wealth, but they still got killed right in front of him as a boy. So this batman has all the intelligence, wit, and cunning, but none of the resources. He fights to make neo gotham a better place with his fists and his fists and his bat-cycle

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Jerry Gaylord posted some art from a pitch about alternate versions of the Trinity traveling through the multiverse. I don't really remember seeing this before. It was posted a couple of weeks ago, though I am not sure when the actual pitch was made.

In the comments, he also talks a little about these versions of Superman and Batman.
When I saw the concept art, I half-expected this to be about Jon Kent, Damian Wayne, and Wonder Woman's daughter o_O.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

MMMM, These Jelly Doughnuts Are Great! - 4kids When They Killed Fox's SatAM Line-up.
Who would win in a fight: Mighty Mouse or Underdog?
Ready for Warmer Weather
Tacomaster wrote on LDEJRuff's profile.
Yo, I didn't know you were here
On Twitter you can find a lot of... interesting tweets. Like the one that says that Avatar the Last Airbender ruined animation....................................
............. I have no words.