"Reign of the Supermen" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,552 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Reign of the Supermen press details, including package art and details on bonus content, are up at The World's Finest.
Oh hey, they finally confirm Eradiactor's VA! And it's Bibbo's voice too :p.

Tony Todd as Darkseid pretty much clinches things to some degree :ack:.

Nice to see Todd reprising Darkseid though :evil:.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Jul 24, 2007
Ratings
854 4
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
Three things about the press release:

1.) They spoiled a character reveal. I'm not even sure that character was apart of the original graphic novel.

2.) The ''special features'' for these past two films have been absolutely dire. One featurette? I guess they're getting ready for the deluxe edition.

3.) I think this is the first press release that doesn't list Justice League Action under the WB Animation section. Kind of like the final nail in a way... :(

Still really looking forward to this one, though.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,251 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Oh hey, they finally confirm Eradiactor's VA! And it's Bibbo's voice too :p.

Tony Todd as Darkseid pretty much clinches things to some degree :ack:.

Nice to see Todd reprising Darkseid though :evil:.
And Perry's, I believe.

1.) They spoiled a character reveal. I'm not even sure that character was apart of the original graphic novel.
The writing was on the wall in The Death of Superman and the tie-in comic. Plus, it's essentially expected at this point for them to not fully adapt the source material and Hal Jordan hasn't really been explored heavily in this continuity, so seemingly substituting Mongul from the original story for this makes sense, imo.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Jul 24, 2007
Ratings
854 4
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
The writing was on the wall in The Death of Superman and the tie-in comic. Plus, it's essentially expected at this point for them to not fully adapt the source material and Hal Jordan hasn't really been explored heavily in this continuity, so seemingly substituting Mongul from the original story for this makes sense, imo.
I have not read the original graphic novel, nor am I following the tie-in comic, so I can't say i saw any major signs pointing to this particular character.

In saying that, it makes perfect sense and I am both excited for the character to rear his head again in this continuity and for Todd to get another crack at the whip.

Also, poor Steve Blum. He just can't seem to hold down a job in these movies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,251 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I have not read the original graphic novel, nor am I following the tie-in comic, so I can't say i saw any major signs pointing to this particular character.
If you only saw the movie, Apokolips' involvement can be sussed out from Doomsday's asteroid emerging from a Boom Tube and Intergang using Apokoliptian tech for example.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?
I like that Delta Rune doesn't even try to conceal it's creepy subtext. Just tosses it right at you from the start.
am i the only one who notices the change, while nobody else does?
RIP Stan Lee, the legendary Marvel creator.
Happy Veterans Day to all the brave men and women in service. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.