"Reign of the Supermen" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
That left me wondering who those villains at the end that looked all alike were. And was that a Boom Tube snatching up the JL?

EDIT: Oh! If that was a Boom Tube, what if those villains were the Animates used by Doctor Bedlam?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Jul 24, 2007
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
Three things about the press release:

1.) They spoiled a character reveal. I'm not even sure that character was apart of the original graphic novel.

2.) The ''special features'' for these past two films have been absolutely dire. One featurette? I guess they're getting ready for the deluxe edition.

3.) I think this is the first press release that doesn't list Justice League Action under the WB Animation section. Kind of like the final nail in a way... :(

Still really looking forward to this one, though.

Reactions: 1 person

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Oh hey, they finally confirm Eradiactor's VA! And it's Bibbo's voice too :p.

Tony Todd as Darkseid pretty much clinches things to some degree :ack:.

Nice to see Todd reprising Darkseid though :evil:.
And Perry's, I believe.

1.) They spoiled a character reveal. I'm not even sure that character was apart of the original graphic novel.
The writing was on the wall in The Death of Superman and the tie-in comic. Plus, it's essentially expected at this point for them to not fully adapt the source material and Hal Jordan hasn't really been explored heavily in this continuity, so seemingly substituting Mongul from the original story for this makes sense, imo.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Jul 24, 2007
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
The writing was on the wall in The Death of Superman and the tie-in comic. Plus, it's essentially expected at this point for them to not fully adapt the source material and Hal Jordan hasn't really been explored heavily in this continuity, so seemingly substituting Mongul from the original story for this makes sense, imo.
I have not read the original graphic novel, nor am I following the tie-in comic, so I can't say i saw any major signs pointing to this particular character.

In saying that, it makes perfect sense and I am both excited for the character to rear his head again in this continuity and for Todd to get another crack at the whip.

Also, poor Steve Blum. He just can't seem to hold down a job in these movies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I have not read the original graphic novel, nor am I following the tie-in comic, so I can't say i saw any major signs pointing to this particular character.
If you only saw the movie, Apokolips' involvement can be sussed out from Doomsday's asteroid emerging from a Boom Tube and Intergang using Apokoliptian tech for example.

Reactions: 1 person

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
This seems odd to me: the folks at IMDb seem strangely reluctant to add the producer credit to Sam Liu on this movie. This is despite confirmation provided by press releases from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Maybe they need secondary confirmation? Might anyone here with an IMDb Pro account be able to help out?

Status
Not open for further replies.