• *1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1/2

• Total voters

Andy Mancini

"Rein of Fire" Talkback (Spoilers)

I'm surprised nobody started a thread about this yet. Oh, well...

Overall, I thought it was a great movie. This film is basically a character driven story with a bunch a CGI dragons in it, not a CGI showoff piece ala "Jurassic Park". The acting and the plot, which was chock full of dry, British humor, was really good and it fit really well. The high point was when Quinn (Christian Bale), did a live-action, performance art rendition of "Star Wars" for the kids in his community. Has anyone else seen this?

Kathy Kane

Captain Jack Harkness
Alright ,Alright I know some folks may Bash me but I liked this movie.
Me and some friends saw it after a few drinks at midnight. We were loud and rude Americans, while our Brits friends were somewhat quiet, we couldn't stop laughing at the movie.

OK, OK, the dragons were cool as were the action scenes, ofcourse some of the lines were cheesy. Acting from Matt and Chris, who cares?!! They were some buff, tough boys trying to slay dragons, also did I mention the shirtless scenes yum!
I liked the over all style of the movie, how people lived during the wake of the Dragons their conflict and outfits. It was like Mad Max with Dragons. I for one have always like post-apoclyptic movies, from Mad Max to Waterworld. So I'm giving this movie my approval, but I recogmend a drink or two before the show and see it at midnight if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fantasie117

Pinstripe pride
My friends and I saw this today.

I kind of liked it. It's a fun way to waste an hour and a half. The story was a bit cliched, but I didn't care that much. I didn't expect high-quality. I kept whispering to my friend which characters probably weren't going to make to the end. I got at least one right. We kept saying "It's Christian Bale; he's going to survive this scene."

The effects looked pretty good, except when Matthew McConaughey was on that chimney thing at the end, I laughed out loud at that.

My friends and I spent almost the entire movie trying to figure out the characters' names, especially Quinn's friend, Creedy. I wasn't sure until the credits.

I giggled hysterically when Quinn and Creedy re-enacted Star Wars. When they prayed, my friend whispered, "I'd freak out if that was my night ritual."

Oh, and we thought Young!Quinn looked like Neville Longbottom from Sorcerer's Stone.

The Guard

No Matter The Cost
REIGN OF FIRE spoilers (like it matters)

WOW.

WOW.

WOW.

Did THIS movie suck. This is the biggest waste of time and talent since END OF DAYS. The acting and special effects were ok, but the plot was terrible, and most things made no sense. Skydiving to net the Dragons and THEN using a damned SPEARGUN when they seem to have access to high-tech stuff? Just lame. Save your money. Not to mention the questions (which I started thinking of halfway through because it was so boring) that remain unanswered.

Chris Sanders MSX

The MAN is back
I loved it, it was great action packed and it had me smiling at the end, I think they should have done more with the Dragons than they did but overall it was money well spent.

I don't like the main character deaths, both were pointless, the first more than the other. I mean I under stood the American Soilders death because I guess it was saying something about the man but the way they set it up, you thought he was going to cut the dragons head clean off with the axe and that's what I wanted to see.

Then the first death was just stupid. He didn't even have to die, it was just a useless peice of mellow drama.

But anyway besides those two deaths, overall I loved the film. I will be picking up the DVD, most definetly.

redDragon

Carnivorous Beast
[color=c00000]I thought this movie was great. Really natural looking and nice dragons. Yeah the scene on the chimney was really funky and looked fake compared to the rest of the movie. Did anyone else catch Bale's ear piece that was hanging out of his coat after he went to the wall and realized he had dropped the arrow thing?

I wish they would have shown the dragons more. Even if that dragon was flying around with holes in it's wings (didn't think something could fly with hole-ridden wings).[/color]

ZorBrak

I AM A BUFFET OF MANLINESS.
Not Bad!

Sometimes I go to bad movies with my friends to bash them MST3K style (NEXT UP! Eight Legged Freaks!), we went to this one...and I was pleasantly suprised. It was sorta hokey but not bad at all, for a summer flick this one is decent, and as mentioned above this is a midnight movie, if you go, go to a late showing. Has anyone noticed a recnet amazing trend of movies NOT SUCKING this year? It's quite amazing, the only bad ones I have seen this year were MIB2 (actually thought it would be good) and Mr. Deeds which both still had a few funny parts. BTW I just saw K-19 and Road to Perdition and they were great.

TheHuntressDiana

Wonder Cutie
The FX were good...
and the scene where the bull just melted the line of vehicles was incredible
. I'd give the movie 3 out of 5 if I were to rate it.

However, I had a major problem with the lack of visuals for the time between the first appearance of the dragon to the time when we find out that
the world is basically one big lump of charcoal with small spots where vegetation grows
. Because we didn't see that...I felt cheated.

There are couple of plot holes as well:
Where did the water come from? Do castles have running water? Or was there some kind of well (I don't recall seeing it)? What about the electricity? Where'd that come from?
Those were my two main plot-hole problems.

finbarlafume

I haven't seen it yet but I'll certainly be interested in having a look as some of it was filmed near where I live :)

JohnCrichton

An astronaut!
Movie gets 2 1/2 stars from me.

Felt like they didn't have enough fun with the concept and that the dragons took out all mankind at its peak seemed kinda questionable, if a rag tag group can take down the king dragon with a crossbow.

The whole movie felt just way too try and sparse...

I wouldn't recommend this film that I thought got good reviews. Better to save your money for Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, or see something you'll enjoy like Lilo and Stitch.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts