Rebooted shows that could be aired on Disney Channel, Junior, or streaming service?

lowell

I was thinking maybe since Disney is doing great with Ducktales, maybe other shows that did good but didn't get more satisfying development back then could be rebooted with new stories. Put down any shows from Disney Channel, XD, Junior, Playhouse, ABC Family, ABC Kids block.

To start, I would say maybe Doug (but inspired by the original seasons on Nick), Chip N Dale, Gargoyles (inspired by the first two seasons, not so much with the third) with Greg Weisman and former writers returning for consulting, Goof Troop (would want to know what's up with Goofy's and Pete's families while Donald's with his family), Katie and Orbie (I remember seeing one episode but don't remember what it was about, animation looks great, it was a Canadian licensed show but rights could easily be acquired), Lloyd in Space (looks interesting, maybe I'm more centered toward sci-fi related shows), Rupert Bear (no one's doing a reboot at the moment, so Disney Television Animation and Nelvana could co-produce a second reboot), Spot the Dog (British show, but no current reboot), Will Quack Quack (could be Disney's if Sky of Europe becomes part of Fox entirely), Madeline (I think the rights are Disney because they used to own the studio that produced the show before selling it off but kept the show), PB&J Otter, Stanley, Garfield (Disney gets film rights through Fox deal), Bear in the Big Blue House (Muppets get reboot so Bear should get something), Rolie Polie Olie, Jojo's Circus, Anatole (another collaboration with Nelvana), Motorcity, Tron (sequel or revival for Uprising), Inspector Gadget (Disney might have plans for reboot films so this can be a promotion for it), and something Winnie the Pooh-related due to Christopher Robin.

There are a lot of old British/Canadian cartoons not being distributed anywhere these days, Disney could buy them for the streaming library and also have them as rights for rebooting them as film or TV shows. There could be some value in this.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
It's impossible to make a Quack Pack reboot that will satisfy old fans as well as children. The show is too 90s for that. It is not as timeless as DuckTales.

Besides, why do we need two reboots starring Huey, Dewey and Louie?

I would love an updated Rescue Rangers with better writing. It was my favorite Disney cartoon.

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

I would like to see a newer version of House of Mouse with newer characters. I also want a reboot of Winnie the Pooh.

EDIT: a part of me wants to see a reboot of The Wuzzles because I think the characters have potential.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
A Disney Afternoon shared Universe would rock. Call it The Disney Afternooniverse. Like spin-offs of the DuckTales reboot involving TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck, Gummi Bears, and Rescue Rangers. How Darkwing would work would depend on how they plan to use the fact that he is a fictional character with a real-life actor, and the "people" in Rescue Rangers and Gummi Bears would need to be dogs with black noses. Gummi Bears would need to be a prequel, but since they already used Don Karnage, TaleSpin should be set in modern times, unless we say Karnage is under the same ageless enchantment Scrooge is.

But my White Whale of The Disney Afternooniverse is a spin-off of Mickey Mouse based on the comic strips of Floyd Gottfredson. Call it MouseEars or something like that.

No Goof Troop in this continuity please. Aside from that show being annoying, I want Goofy to still be Mickey's sidekick.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Not that I am big into reboots , but I think they should try (if the original creator and some of the staff are willing) to try Dave the Barbarian again, I think it's humor might even mess better now than it did before. On a Winnie the Pooh series, I'd welcome that, but not for Pre-schoolers this time , they've done that a lot, I think they should try the The New Adventures of Winnie Pooh target audience again.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Not that I am big into reboots , but I think they should try (if the original creator and some of the staff are willing) to try Dave the Barbarian again, I think it's humor might even mess better now than it did before. On a Winnie the Pooh series, I'd welcome that, but not for Pre-schoolers this time , they've done that a lot, I think they should try the The New Adventures of Winnie Pooh target audience again.
That's (Pooh) also a preschool show. I mean, Pooh is a lighthearted franchise based on a children's book, with it being Diney's most lighthearted franchise. It can't get to the level of darkness or edge that older skewing kids shows like Ducktales or Darkwing Duck or Gravity Falls, and even when it would, a happy ending is pretty much guaranteEd since its TV-Y, as opposed to the other shows having TV-Y7 ratings and can go for downer endings and directly reach older audiences more.

Last edited:

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
That's (Pooh) also a preschool show. I mean, Pooh is a lighthearted franchise based on a children's book, with it being Diney's most lighthearted franchise. It can't get to the level of darkness or edge that older skewing kids shows like Ducktales or Darkwing Duck or Gravity Falls, and even when it would, a happy ending is pretty much guaranteEd since its TV-Y, as opposed to the other shows having TV-Y7 ratings and can go for downer endings and directly reach older audiences more.
I see what you mean, I might need to phrase it better, I would rather they do show more like The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and not like the stuff they have done for Playhouse /Disney Junior. Not being darker and edgier Pooh.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'd still love a Gargoyles reboot or continuation. That would probably be really hard to do for awhile considering that Greg Weisman is working on Young Justice, but I think that a new Gargoyles series could do pretty well. It would probably be better served on their streaming service than on Disney Channel, if only because I think a Gargoyles series would be too different from the usual cartoon series they air on the channel.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
You know the in-universe tv show in the movie "Bolt"? I think it could make for a great, legitimate cartoon. If not that, then I'd say the underrated Mighty Ducks cartoon.

SparkleMan

Disney Jr. has a serious lack of this thing I call “Bear In The Big Blue House reboot”. They should fix that.
Also, give The Replacements another chance. As well as TaleSpin (honestly, I just want that last episode that got banned to air).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowell

Would you guys actually watch new episodes of Brown Bear in the Blue House?
Is Bear in the Big Blue House technically part of the Muppet canon along with Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street? If Disney does need help getting back on their feet to develop a Bear reboot, I wouldn't mind them re-collaborating with the Jim Henson Company. Maybe Henson and Sesame Workshop might be their next acquisition targets after Fox in case the new Muppet live puppetry show on the streaming service would need another reboot and to integrate with the Muppets Studio, maybe renamed as Henson Studios. Reuniting the entire family under Disney would form some kind of MCU-style Muppet Universe. Star Wars eventually would find its footing with the standalone movies, since this is just the first few years of getting back to the multiple production timeline for Lucasfilm. I think Disney would accept Sesame Street being shown on Disney Channel, Junior, streaming service and PBS. PBS could have the option to stop airing the show at any time and maybe the existing SeaWorld/Busch Gardens Sesame Street attractions can stay in place while Disney is still allowed to add Sesame Street into their own parks. If HBO won't budge on selling their Fraggle and other Henson/Sesame rights, then Disney could just talk to their parent AT&T. After the Fox deal, it makes sense they would be going to make sure all of their brands have most of their problems in any specific part resolved. I wouldn't mind if they kept the current leadership at Henson if it was acquired along with Sesame Workshop. I feel Disney at this time would be the only company would have the checkbook and the guts to keep producing Sesame Street forever like they would do the Simpsons. Finally, some projects could come to life like the Fraggle Rock movie at Regency (Fox distributes them), third Sesame Street movie (moving from Warner to Disney), Bear in the Big Blue House movie, Muppet movie (continues the plotline from every relevant production except the 2015 ABC show). These future films, shows, books, etc. could be branded as Disney-Henson like Disney-Pixar.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oh, the Dutch title is Brown Bear in the Blue House...
thumb_2.png

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Just discovered this thread and I have a few of my own ideas.

1. Obviously, even though there's a 99% chance of it NOT happening, I'd love to see a Wander Over Yonder revival. The show ended way too soon in my opinion, and I still miss it to this day. I'd be happy with a one-off special honestly, just to wrap up some of the loose ends and elaborate on some backstories we didn't see completely revealed.

2. I'm with some of the other users on bringing back Bear in the Big Blue House. I, too, loved the show as a child, and I think it'd be interesting to see what they could do with the concept today. They're bringing back Blue's Clues on Nick, so why not?

3. I think Tangled: The Series is working really well as a full show, so I wouldn't mind seeing some other Disney princesses getting their own series, particularly Moana. I wasn't incredibly impressed with the movie, but I could see its concept creating a beautiful series, with Moana exploring new islands, defeating villains, etc. I'm sure they could get Auli'i Cravalho to reprise her role, but they'd have to recast the bigger stars like Dwayne Johnson.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts