Rank the discography of your favorite artists!

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
What it says on the tin. I have several other artists whose discography I want to rank, but for now, I'll list the first two that immediately comes to mind (this alone took quite some time to compose). Frankly, I have some relistening to do before I can properly judge some of the other artist discographies.

Radiohead

9. Pablo Honey (1993)

I'm aware that crapping on this album has become a bit of a meme at this point, but really it's not that bad. It's just decent. Very aggresively decent.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Creep, Anyone Can Play Guitar, Blow Out

5/10

8. The King of Limbs (2011)
I know I defended this album in the Unpopular Opinions thread, but compared to their other albums (save for Pablo Honey), this is still their least good. Not worst, least good. I consider at least half of this album to be Radiohead at their finest, whereas the other half ranges from just decent to boring. That said, I thoroughly enjoy the overall sound they were going for for this project.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Bloom, Lotus Flower, Codex, Separator

7/10

7. Amnesiac (2001)
People often say this is Kid A Part 2 because the two albums were recorded during the same session, but I think Amnesiac sounds different enough to be considered its own album. It's like a sonic bridge between Kid A and Hail to the Thief. Most of the record range from good to amazing, but some of the experimentation is too out there for me.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Pyramid Song, You and Whose Army?, I Might Be Wrong, Knives Out, Like Spinning Plates (live version)

8/10

6. Hail to the Thief (2003)
While this album is a bit too bloated, it's still incredibly solid. I initially put this below Amnesiac, but I did another relisten and I'm feeling this album's rock sound a little more. Even some of the heavy-handed lyrics don't bother me anymore.

FAVORITE TRACKS: 2+2=5, The Gloaming (live version), There There, A Punchup at a Wedding, Myxomatosis, A Wolf at the Door

8.5/10

5. A Moon Shaped Pool (2016)
This is quite possibly Radiohead's saddest album yet, due in large part to Thom Yorke's divorce from his long time partner who later died from cancer after the album's release, which recontextualizes some of the songs in a sombre, disturbing way. It's why I disagree whenever people say The Bends is "the sad album" in their discography. The beautiful orchestral arrangements throughout the album are the icing on the cake.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Burn the Witch, Daydreaming, Decks Dark, Identikit, Present Tense, Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief, True Love Waits

8.75/10

4. The Bends (1995)
An excellent album, and certainly a massive improvement from Pablo Honey. Aside from its more introspective lyrics, this album also has some of my all-time favorite guitar arrangements by the band.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Planet Telex, High and Dry, Fake Plastic Trees, Just, My Iron Lung, Black Star, Street Spirit (Fade Out)

9/10

3. OK Computer (1997)
Arguably one of the greatest albums of all time. Atmospheric guitar textures, lyrics inspired by a fear of technology which are mostly still relevant to this day, it is pure perfection from start to finish. Even though my absolute favorite Radiohead song (Paranoid Android) is on here, I still have to place it at no. 3.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Airbag, Paranoid Android, Exit Music (For a Film), Let Down, Karma Police, Climbing Up the Walls, No Surprises, Lucky, The Tourist

9.5/10

2. Kid A (2000)
"The greatest left turn in music history," as the YouTube channel Middle 8 calls it. I didn't get this album at first, like I'm sure a lot of people did. Then I listened to it again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And the next thing I know, I couldn't stop listening to it. The dark and gloomy themes that the album explores e.g. isolation, hopelessness, nuclear holocaust, etc are brilliantly conveyed through Thom Yorke's semi cryptic lyrics and an empty, atmospheric feel largely present throughout the album that really ties it together.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Everything in Its Right Place, The National Anthem, How to Disappear Completely, Optimistic, Idioteque, Morning Bell, Motion Picture Soundtrack

10/10

1. In Rainbows (2007)
This album is essentially the culmination of all the different kinds of sounds that they'd been experimenting with over the years prior. It's catchy, soothing, and most importantly, accessible. Perfect entry point for someone interested in the band.

FAVORITE TRACKS: 15 Step, Bodysnatchers, Nude, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, Reckoner, House of Cards, Jigsaw Falling Into Place, Videotape

Stronger 10/10

Eminem

11. Infinite (1996)

The lyricism and rhyme schemes in this album are pretty great, but the production is too barebones and boring.

5/10

10. Revival (2017)
Yet another album with good lyrical chops but held back by subpar production (this time the opposite of barebones). This album also has more corny "dad raps" than any album prior which are distracting at best and cringe inducing at worst. However, the last two songs on this record (Castle and Arose) are amongst the best songs he's ever done.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Walk on Water, Believe, Castle, Arose

5.25/10

9. Encore (2004)
The absolute nadir of Eminem's pen game (thank drugs for that). Half the album is pretty decent but the other half is just Em throwing crap at the wall and it all bounces back. The one thing that has any semblance of consistency is the production.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Never Enough, Yellow Brick Road, Like Toy Soldiers, Mosh, Spend Some Time, Mockingbird

6/10

8. Kamikaze (2018)
This was a turning point for Em's artistry as he embraced simpler trap influenced beats. I love how hard he went in this record, but the inconsistent messages he conveyed through his lyrics makes it an odd listen.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Lucky You, Not Alike, Kamikaze, Fall

7/10

7. Recovery (2010)
Another turning point for his career where he officially "turned pop". He also began putting more emphasis on punny punchlines at this point which are rather hit or miss. On a larger scale though, the content of this record, dealing with his battle with drug addiction and path to recovery, is pretty great.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Cold Wind Blows, Going Through Changes, No Love, 25 to Life, So Bad

7.5/10

6. Music to Be Murdered By (2020)
I would've put this above MMLP2 if it shed some of the more filler-y tracks. Otherwise, it's a solid album with sharp production and great lyricism

FAVORITE TRACKS: Premonition - Intro, Unaccommodating, You Gon' Learn, Darkness, Yah Yah, Never Love Again, Little Engine, I Will

8/10

5. The Marshall Mathers LP 2 (2013)
While this album is on my top 5, I've always found it a tad overrated. It was a return to form of sorts and I love its lyrical density, but some of the rock production in this record simply does not work. That said, I still thoroughly enjoy this record.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Bad Guy, Legacy, A**hole, Berzerk, Rap God, Headlights

8.225/10

4. Relapse (2009)
Yes, Relapse is in my top 4. I understand why some people dislike it (The accents. It's the accents.), but the lyricism and production couldn't have been better. Creative rhyme schemes, smooth flows, an interesting concept, and great beats courtesy of Dr. Dre which were the last remnants of "old Eminem" make this album, for me, a misunderstood classic.

FAVORITE TRACKS: 3 a.m., Insane, Same Song & Dance, Medicine Ball, Stay Wide Awake, Underground

8.25/10

3. The Slim Shady LP (1999)
The album that put Em on everyone's radar. Production and lyricism are top notch, but his rhyme schemes and flows were still pretty conventional at this point compared to the top 2.

FAVORITE TRACKS: My Name Is, If I Had, Role Model, Rock Bottom, As the World Turns

8.5/10

2. The Eminem Show (2002)
I may put this at no. 2 but the subject matter of this album actually resonates with me more than my pick for no. 1. It sees Em experiment more with his rhyme schemes and flows and taking a more active role as a producer. I can't really describe it, but this record has a distinct sound that would persist in Em's music throughout the rest of the 2000s up until Relapse.

FAVORITE TRACKS: White America, Cleanin' Out My Closet, Soldier, Without Me, Sing for the Moment, Till I Collapse

9/10

1. The Marshall Mathers LP (2000)
An all-time classic. This was when Eminem's pen game was really starting to show its fangs with complex multisyllable rhyme schemes and smoother flows, and more meaningful lyrics. The stripped back production of the album compliments his rapping very well.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Kill You, Stan, Who Knew, The Way I Am, The Real Slim Shady, I'm Back, Criminal

9.5/10

EDIT 1: Swapped MMLP and TES's positions
EDIT 2: Swapped HTTF and Amnesiac's positions
EDIT 3: Rearranged Radiohead's Top 5 (Moved In Rainbows from 3 to 1, swapped The Bends and AMSP's positions)

Last edited:

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
I’ve actually done scorecards off of some of them!

SMASH MOUTH:

Old Habits - EPIC (128%)
Summer Girl - EPIC (106%)
The East Bay Sessions - Divine (86%)
Smash Mouth (2001) - Divine (85%)
The Gift of Rock - Swell (82%)
Fush Yu Mang - Swell (80%)
Astro Lounge - Good (76%)
Get The Picture - Ample (73%)
Fush Yu Mang ACOUSTIC - Alright (65%)
Magic - Fair (62%)

WEEZER:

Maladroit - EPIC (102%)
Raditude - Magnificent (95%)
Everything Will Be Alright in the End - Divine (88%)
Green Album - Divine (87%)
Teal Album - Swell (84%)
Make Believe - Swell (80%)
White Album - Good (79%)
Black Album - Good (76%)
Red Album - Good (75%)
Blue Album - Good (75%)
Winter Weezerland - Good (75%)
Pacific Daydream - Ample (74%)
Hurley - Ample (71%)
Christmas with Weezer - Ample (71%)
Pinkerton - Okay (58%)

WEIRD AL:

UHF - Magnificent (98%)
Running with Scissors - Magnificent (95%)
Straight Outta Lynwood - Supreme (94%)
Poodle Hat - Divine (86%)
Alpocalypse - Swell (84%)
Alapalooza - Swell (84%)
Mandatory Fun - Swell (81%)
Bad Hair Day - Good (79%)
Dare to Be Stupid - Good (78%)
Polka Party! - Good (78%)
Off the Deep End - Good (77%)
Weird Al Yankovic in 3-D - Ample (74%)
Even Worse - Ample (72%)
Weird Al (1983) - Ample (70%)

THE PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:

II - EPIC (103%)
Love Everybody - Magnificent (98%)
These Are the Good Times People - Divine (87%)
Freaked Out and Small - Divine (87%)
Kudos to You! - Swell (84%)
The Presidents (1995) - Good (75%)

Last edited:

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Radiohead

9. Pablo Honey (1993)

I'm aware that crapping on this album has become a bit of a meme at this point, but really it's not that bad. It's just decent. Very aggresively decent.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Creep, Anyone Can Play Guitar, Blow Out

5/10

8. The King of Limbs (2011)
I know I defended this album in the Unpopular Opinions thread, but compared to their other albums (save for Pablo Honey), this is still their least good. Not worst, least good. I consider at least half of this album to be Radiohead at their finest, whereas the other half ranges from just decent to boring. That said, I thoroughly enjoy the overall sound they were going for for this project.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Bloom, Lotus Flower, Codex, Separator

7/10

7. Amnesiac (2001)
People often say this is Kid A Part 2 because the two albums were recorded during the same session, but I think Amnesiac sounds different enough to be considered its own album. It's like a sonic bridge between Kid A and Hail to the Thief. Most of the record range from good to amazing, but some of the experimentation is too out there for me.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Pyramid Song, You and Whose Army?, I Might Be Wrong, Knives Out, Like Spinning Plates (live version)

8/10

6. Hail to the Thief (2003)
While this album is a bit too bloated, it's still incredibly solid. I initially put this below Amnesiac, but I did another relisten and I'm feeling this album's rock sound a little more.

FAVORITE TRACKS: 2+2=5, Sail to the Moon, The Gloaming (live version), There There, A Punchup at a Wedding, Myxomatosis, A Wolf at the Door

8.5/10

5. The Bends (1995)
An excellent album, and certainly a massive improvement from Pablo Honey. Aside from its more introspective lyrics, this album also has some of my all-time favorite guitar arrangements by the band. I only put it this low in my ranking because it still followed traditional rock conventions unlike everything that came after it.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Fake Plastic Trees, Just, My Iron Lung, Black Star, Street Spirit (Fade Out)

8.75/10

4. A Moon Shaped Pool (2016)
This is quite possibly Radiohead's saddest album yet, due in large part to Thom Yorke's divorce from his long time partner who later died from cancer after the album's release, which recontextualizes some of the songs in a sombre, disturbing way. It's why I disagree whenever people say The Bends is "the sad album" in their discography. The beautiful orchestral arrangements throughout the album are the icing on the cake.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Burn the Witch, Daydreaming, Decks Dark, Identikit, Present Tense, Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief, True Love Waits

9/10

3. In Rainbows (2007)
For the longest time, I thought this was Radiohead's best album, but after some relistens, I've decided to put it at no. 3, which is of course still excellent. It's essentially the culmination of all the different kinds of sounds that they'd been experimenting with over the years prior. It's catchy, soothing, and most importantly, accessible. Perfect entry point for someone interested in the band.

FAVORITE TRACKS: 15 Step, Bodysnatchers, Nude, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, Reckoner, House of Cards, Jigsaw Falling Into Place

9.5/10

2. OK Computer (1997)
Arguably one of the greatest albums of all time. Atmospheric guitar textures, lyrics inspired by a fear of technology which are mostly still relevant to this day, it is pure perfection from start to finish. I was really struggling to decide whether or not this should be no. 1, because I consider my top 2 to both be 10/10 albums. Eventually, I decided to rank them in order of how much their overall sound and feel resonates with me. So even though my absolute favorite Radiohead song (Paranoid Android) is on here, I still have to place it on no. 2.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Airbag, Paranoid Android, Exit Music (For a Film), Let Down, Karma Police, Climbing Up the Walls, No Surprises, Lucky, The Tourist

Strong 10/10

1. Kid A (2000)
"The greatest left turn in music history," as the YouTube channel Middle 8 calls it. I didn't get this album at first, like I'm sure a lot of people did. Then I listened to it again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And the next thing I know, I couldn't stop listening to it. The dark and gloomy themes that the album explores e.g. isolation, hopelessness, nuclear holocaust, etc are brilliant conveyed through Thom Yorke's semi cryptic lyrics and an empty, atmospheric feel largely present throughout the album that really ties it together. Not to sound like a snob, but listening to this album makes me feel I'm on another planet.

FAVORITE TRACKS: All of them. Really.

Stronger 10/10

Eminem

11. Infinite (1996)

The lyricism and rhyme schemes in this album are pretty great, but the production is too barebones and boring.

5/10

10. Revival (2017)
Yet another album with good lyrical chops but held back by subpar production (this time the opposite of barebones). This album also has more corny "dad raps" than any album prior which are distracting at best and cringe inducing at worst. However, the last two songs on this record (Castle and Arose) are amongst the best songs he's ever done.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Walk on Water, Believe, Castle, Arose

5.25/10

9. Encore (2004)
The absolute nadir of Eminem's pen game (thank drugs for that). Half the album is pretty decent but the other half is just Em throwing crap at the wall and it all bounces back. The one thing that has any semblance of consistency is the production.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Never Enough, Yellow Brick Road, Like Toy Soldiers, Mosh, Spend Some Time, Mockingbird

6/10

8. Kamikaze (2018)
This was a turning point for Em's artistry as he embraced simpler trap influenced beats. I love how hard he went in this record, but the inconsistent messages he conveyed through his lyrics makes it an odd listen.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Lucky You, Not Alike, Kamikaze, Fall

7/10

7. Recovery (2010)
Another turning point for his career where he officially "turned pop". He also began putting more emphasis on punny punchlines at this point which are rather hit or miss. On a larger scale though, the content of this record, dealing with his battle with drug addiction and path to recovery, is pretty great.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Cold Wind Blows, Going Through Changes, No Love, 25 to Life, So Bad

7.5/10

6. Music to Be Murdered By (2020)
I would've put this above MMLP2 if it shed some of the more filler-y tracks. Otherwise, it's a solid album with sharp production and great lyricism

FAVORITE TRACKS: Premonition - Intro, Unaccommodating, You Gon' Learn, Darkness, Yah Yah, Never Love Again, Little Engine, I Will

8/10

5. The Marshall Mathers LP 2 (2013)
While this album is on my top 5, I've always found it a tad overrated. It was a return to form of sorts and I love its lyrical density, but some of the rock production in this record simply does not work. That said, I still thoroughly enjoy this record.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Bad Guy, Legacy, A**hole, Berzerk, Rap God, Headlights

8.225/10

4. Relapse (2009)
Yes, Relapse is in my top 4. I understand why some people dislike it (The accents. It's the accents.), but the lyricism and production couldn't have been better. Creative rhyme schemes, smooth flows, an interesting concept, and great beats courtesy of Dr. Dre which were the last remnants of "old Eminem" make this album, for me, a misunderstood classic.

FAVORITE TRACKS: 3 a.m., Insane, Same Song & Dance, Medicine Ball, Stay Wide Awake, Underground

8.25/10

3. The Slim Shady LP (1999)
The album that put Em on everyone's radar. Production and lyricism are top notch, but his rhyme schemes and flows were still pretty conventional at this point compared to the top 2.

FAVORITE TRACKS: My Name Is, If I Had, Role Model, Rock Bottom, As the World Turns

8.5/10

2. The Eminem Show (2002)
I may put this at no. 2 but the subject matter of this album actually resonates with me more than my pick for no. 1. It sees Em experiment more with his rhyme schemes and flows and taking a more active role as a producer. I can't really describe it, but this record has a distinct sound that would persist in Em's music throughout the rest of the 2000s up until Relapse.

FAVORITE TRACKS: White America, Cleanin' Out My Closet, Soldier, Without Me, Sing for the Moment, Till I Collapse

9/10

1. The Marshall Mathers LP (2000)
An all-time classic. This was when Eminem's pen game was really starting to show its fangs with complex multisyllable rhyme schemes and smoother flows, and more meaningful lyrics. The stripped back production of the album compliments his rapping very well.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Kill You, Stan, Who Knew, The Way I Am, The Real Slim Shady, I'm Back, Criminal

9.5/10

Here's another one:

The Pillows
I might edit this post with my full thoughts later, but right now I can't be bothered to do it for 22 albums.

22. Moon Gold (1991)
21. White Incarnation (1992)
20. HORN AGAIN (2011)
19. Smile (2001)
18. Penalty Life (2003)
17. Kool Spice
16. Moondust (2014)
15. Living Field (1994)
14. REBROADCAST (2018)
13. STROLL AND ROLL (2016)
12. OOParts (2009)
11. Thank you, my twilight (2002)
10. NOOK IN THE BRAIN (2017)
9. Trial (2012)
8. LITTLE BUSTERS (1998)
7. PIED PIPER (2008)
6. GOOD DREAMS (2004)
5. MY FOOT (2006)
4. Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! (2007)
3. Please Mr. Lostman (1997)
2. RUNNERS HIGH (1999)
1. HAPPY BIVOUAC (1999)

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts