RandomMe's Skills of an Artist

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
So the final day of Flash is almost here, and in honor of the upcoming Trogday - sadly Flash will fall an entire calendar day ahead of Trogday - I decided to do something that was impossible up until now: Trogdor. As a merdragon. Trogdor the Merninator. Since "Skills of an Artist" is a reference to that time Strong Bad drew Trogdor, I decided to give this thread a little justice. Trogdor the Merninator burninated Flash!
33bIiH2.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
New drawing of Milo this time featuring his human self too. I'll talk about that soon. Refs are included so this is kinda like a WIP.
c4JZ3JQ.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Here are a few doodles I made in the past few days. First off a rough sketch of Panda before as he appeared before the 2015 rebrand - you can also see reference pics of him - as means of celebrating Canal Panda's 25th:
lLUvDjE.png

I'm still bad at panda proportions :p

Anyway, I took advantage of my recent drawing of me as a merman FOP style, so I decided to fix it a little.
K4XyLAx.png

And I felt like making a few of my longtime TZ/ASF friends as merpeople, starting with @superkeegan9100's Fridaysona.
NqaYDzE.png

And now I just squeezed in @Gatordragon and this time 2x, a basic mersona for him and an attempt to draw Eitri as a merman in the same style.
QrC4GpW.png

1fkcIxa.png

Gatordragon already did Eitri as a merman last year for Mermay, and I used the colors as reference for the above.

I'll spice them up soon in my style.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
April Fool's Day has been and gone, feels like two days have passed - that's how I take advantage of it!

Starting with my unfinished drawings of Rooty in WBB style - I was intended to finish the main characters but pranking was more important, of Rooty and Rosie. Rosie who apparently only exists to A&W Indonesia
PqfYiis.png

b07N4ZO.png

One day I'll draw Cody for @LinusFan303. Taking influences from Being Ian for this one.

Ava, Kahoot the Root Beer Float's avocado girlfriend:
0blgLtv.png

Norm from Norm of the North as a merbear, also one of Rooty's new buddies in this weird timeline:
mq4FROQ.png

I made this one about an hour ago, a new OC I made with Keegs, Tikiao, a sort of Polynesian merman. Body marks came from a Cramp Twins episode with the supposed egg being a gator egg infected with hazmat.
IXEPSHK.png

And a flag? I was supposed to make this yesterday but time slipped too hard on me. This is the flag of Kahootia, linked to my float OC, the vanilla white and brown represent the root beer float and the purple the standard color used by Kahoot.
3u5xr7p.png

Maybe Kahootia will come next year.

I'm all out of ideas for tonight, so please enjoy this recycling of me and merman Gatordragon.
R5a4uqa.png

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I decided to change Kahoot's eyes to be more of its own thing, instead of "cloning" Kicking Cones' float. They're closer to Bloo's now because he used to live at Foster's Home like Bloo (yeah yeah I made that up last year) and recently they became friends especially when the two, who left Foster's Home, are now developing a better bond.
hmvBD3P.png

And here's something Gatordragon did, after I drew some of my OCs and Eitri as FOP-styled merman, he did the one that's closer to himself in his own style:
RZHlOD1.png

Process by him:
I'm announcing something big for Mermay 2021, I'll probably do more than 31 pictures (some during April), the daily pics will be of cartoon characters as merpeople (mostly from cartoons I watched) and non-daily ones will be related to OCs.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Before I formally start Mermay, here's a couple of related sketches (new meranimal OCs):
PlEhCKK.png

Timber the Bear, though he's mostly seen as a merbear. Another grizzly bear. Three versions of him, normal WBB, with a shirt on (land form) and his sea form (merbear Timber). He also has claws but I was too lazy to draw him

And then comes Timber's buddy, Bob the Merpenguin:
Hoe6tFu.png

Bob never had a land form probably because of his long merpenguin tail. He can speak and doesn't understand the "land penguins". Just like all kinds of merbears, merpenguins can survive in EVERY climate.

Tomorrow, it's Mermay! With obligatory mermafied characters and more!

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Mermay day 1: Billy and Mandy. I thought of it a couple days ago, because Brains somehow made to my mind while seeking for inspiration. I wanted to start with EEnE, but I'll save that for later.
QtAmk4J.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Day 2: Dee Dee and Dexter. Dee Dee gets all the merit first because she already was a mermaid. Style closer to season 3. Hybrid approach for Dee Dee, as I decided to use her normal hair this time, to see if it works.
2DKuhgn.png

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Whoa? Are you doing new pictures every day for the entire month? Wild!

I was gonna post the cover to my latest issue of The Un-Iverse but I want to give you some breathing room.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Yeah, each day will be a fanart, sometimes there will be OCs too as an extra picture.

So for today I drew The Powerpuff Girls, loosely inspired by one of Keegs' friends who draws Powerpuff merfolk. I was actually dissatisfied about one of Buttercup's eyes, I just wanted to imitate a pose in the intro.
mByyTml.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
everybody else: Draw a Star Wars character or put Star Wars influences in your artwork
me: I'm not interested in that, any alternative?

Never paid attention to Star Wars but I do remember The Clone Wars on CN EMEA back in 2003, it was my first contact with it. However, this being the fourth of May, I went too far and drew four characters: the Beat-Alls. Or to put another way, the primary villains of the Powerpuff Girls.
62SJczn.png

As an extra sketch I drew Bunny as a mermaid. Gone but not forgotten. One good deed made her instability show and later die.
4ryML15.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Day 5: Merkids Next Door, BATTLE STATIONS!
bYJzy8q.png

Como hoy es el Cinco de Mayo iba a hacer un dibujo extra con un OC inspirado en Mermando, pero nu tuve tiempo y hice algo rápido y fácil, Mermando estilo Padrinos Mágicos
k8u6mMn.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Day 6, we change channels and countries and head over to Doraemon, specifically Nobita. There was an entire "let's save a mermaid kingdom" movie back in 2009 but it wasn't released here (at best it probably aired on Boomerang but I don't have that channel).

My past condemns me. This was the first anime I enjoyed, so I decided to give him a little Darwin the Merman touch to the tail.
S8toG3e.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Today's merm got delayed a little due to DNS probing issues.

Jonny 2x4 from EEnE. I've already seen someone on DeviantART who has an unhealthy obsession with Edd and Nazz as merpeople in love, so for a change I decided to draw a character that hasn't been mermafied elsewhere yet. Even underwater, Plank is still the same.
UgpDT9U.png

@Fone Bone: feel free to post this month if you want.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
SpongeBob today. The tail is FOP-styled because of that reference in Fairly OddParents. Oh well. Patrick is coming tomorrow and Timmy Turntrout on Monday.
NZQ0NXH.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
"Mostly our diet consists of crabs, starfish and the occasional underwater squirrel." There's no SpongeBob doodle without a Patrick one!
Un9p3BU.png

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts