RandomMe's Skills of an Artist

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Wandering Merbears: the monotonous Ice Merbear and the happy Michael, sorta like a Grizz Jr. to the Merbear King.
42dxhis.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Back after a few weeks with new black merman OCs:

Cody (left)
Cory (right)
Lil' Hoot Hoot, the merguinea pig (middle, Cody's pet)
wc2Gu7I.png

I still haven't defined a kingdom but I guess they're kinda from RandomMe's place but close to Freshwater where Milo lives. Backstory:

It is believed that Cory and Cody were two kids who at one point started behaving like merkids for fun. Someone later started recording the behavior of the two pretending that they were mermen warriors. The footage (taken about fifteen years ago) was spread like wildfire and was later believed to be cursed. When the two turned 13 they became merpeople and stopped aging. The videos are still being investigated regarding the effects that made them merpeople.

And what about Lil' Hoot Hoot? Recently Cody got him. As it turns out he's actually a part of the Hoot Hoot family of merguinea pigs, to such an extent that he housed them, all five of them, while making Lil' Hoot Hoot his pet.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
back after epheons of ages with new merboys, this time looking at Singaporean TV channels (how weird I am) for inspiration. Unnamed but the one on the left is Channel 5 and the one on the right is Okto, loosely inspired by humanizations of Darwin as a black merman. He's sad because he is no longer able to live on his own anymore.
fnSfrfi.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Test sketch of Phineas as a merman:
FtkmApB.png

Test sketch is 1, 2 is correct colors (used a picture of Phineas Flynn as reference) and 3 is Flounder who in my canon (The Monetization is the RMCU :D) is Phineas' lil' brudder brother who just loves playing with toys. Inspired by a dream I had in 2013 where all citizens of Danville moved to the merworld after the series finale. Everyone except Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz whose company just collapsed and ran out of ideas for inators. Aside from being a Disney crossover (Flounder is patterned after the fish of the same name), he is also an OC of mine.
I5fmKOl.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
My first human OC (merman form available). I was inspired by @themidnightlore and his humanizations of TV channels and thought of doing my own for a channel, explicitly using its icon. A channel I lost interest but played part in my April Fool's Day pranks and is in @animegamer's cable subscription, Rupavahini, as a fairy. To the left is the channel's logo as reference.
J1qQTc1.png

Whew, trying to draw the wings and the leaf pattern was complicated :O

Rupavahini, from the Sinhala word for television (and of the channel of the same name) is a fairy that has a bit of a shy personality. Sometimes considered an outcast, Rupavahini understands Bangla RandomMe a lot (see the posts I did at Post something random at ASF in January-February, he lives with my Bangladeshi persona) Rupavahini ends up wreaking havoc, as if the roles of Timmy and the fairies were swapped over. As a merman, his wings become fins.

Basically an opposite Timmy Turner. He has a pet bird that looks like the Rupavahini bird and also has a few hours of sleep (about 4.5 a night). He wakes up at 4:50 and goes to bed at midnight.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
cVl2S8V.png

Inspired by today's dream, consider this as a prototype.
filename is merbear in my backpack because that's what happened in the dream, even though I was a human. But I guess that's the first time since Mermando where I have a physical encounter with a mercreature. Mermando back in February 2014 had led to me becoming a merman just for one second and then the scene changed. The fins I almost had.

Accompanying line:
Bloo: Haven't you noticed? You just touched a shark merbear! Probably a cub, because HOW IS HE SUPPOSED TO FIT IN YOUR OWN BACKPACK? How did he get in?

thumbs up if you read it in Bloo's voice

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Made in honor of the recent CN Latin America Inktober event where one of the prompts was "Mermaid Darwin". I guess it's time for my Darwin to shine.
Bbj0oBv.png

Darwins: whether a mermanized Darwin from Gumball or an OC don't steal named Darwin, when the two set aside their differences, things can only get better. Darwin to the right was rejected by Cartoon Network because its "creator" (me) lost its optimism and the one on the left, representing Darwin from Gumball (yeah I named Darwin the Merman after that Darwin) was accepted.

Life's easy when you're 13 and you have a super great idea for CN's new hit series, until you realize that you make your calculations wrong. Posted a week before the ninth anniversary of Darwin the Merman, aka the day where I try to revisit my old series that never took off properly.

In other words, CN = left; me = right. I'm a little lazy, however I got some extra time because DST ends in Europe tonight.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Something I made back in April, basically a poster using kickingcones' root beer float drawing that I used as the base of my merfloat OC Kahoot. Basically an anatomy of an anthropomorphic, plastic root beer float from all sides. They don't have hands so they have constrained movements. BTW Kahoot has an avocado girlfriend called Ava. More soon.
uea8UmK.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Related to my last post here and to the lore of The Monetization, a gijinka (giningyoka = 擬人魚化?) of Kahoot the Merfloat from page 1.
jNsd0oK.png

It's all or nothing for Kahoot the Merfloat, as he becomes a merman because of an annual Halloween curse. Even he doesn't know how to use his arms and hands properly. Milo has to send him to the Walrus Toy Store and fix the whole issue. I hope he won't even enter the wheel of epheons.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Endabyu (from SMKfastfood + also a The Monetization character) mashup with Ferb I did last week. Sorry for the feet being large, I'm a little bad at proportions.
3lcnqfh.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Testing expressions for Kahoot the plastic anthropomorphic root beer float. Redoing Merman!Kahoot and maybe drawing Merbear!Kahoot because of the root bear pun.
NcpwhdJ.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
A smiling face? No, it's Marselo from Kino5:
OzgiLUW.png

Flashcember part 2: an homage to something that I never played, but found while looking for pictures of merpeople in 2011 (because it had a mermaid event that year), Pet Society (2009~2013). I guess that kinda counts? Pet Society refs to the left, Grizz ref to the right.
Let's suppose it's Halloween, maybe not. Maybe he's a merbear walking on land or something.
The reason why he has the golden gauntlets is because he's linked to the merbear king, I will redraw him soon.
kWLPcZk.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Flashcember/Flashuary continues!
Had this idea a couple of days ago, it's merman Nicholas from Enthalpy! I would draw him in a walrus tail (because WalrusGuy) but I chose for another normal merman tail. I'll probably draw the two other characters soon.

RTbavX8.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Seeing that I enjoyed making Nicholas from Enthalpy as a merman, I thought of making Charles and Udesky mermen too. :p
rKNbRsy.png

UmPiKNw.png

Left to right: Udesky, Nicholas, Charles:
1Ug6GcQ.png

Enthalpy characters and related indicia copyright Nicholas Walstrom 2001-2020. Now he isn't remotely interested in Enthalpy, as far as I know.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
NBO00XC.png

Today marks my eighth anniversary here, funny to see how things have changed. In honor of this milestone, I decided to make this (somewhat rushed) drawing of my mersona and Darwin. Basically that's me looking at the past, and that I joined Toonzone in the days when I still had plans to make Darwin the Merman, an idea that never took off.

So me = the present; Darwin = the past. It's rushed, though, as I'm testing these poses, and I need to practice a lot more.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts