R.I.P. Stephen Hillenburg

Latest News & Videos

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
That was a nice video from Nickelodeon. I thought it was fitting that they focused on some heartwarming moments from the series to honor Stephen Hillenburg like that.

Jean74

May and Mother's Day
Apr 12, 2012
Seymour TN
A.L.S. is really such a huge and tragic disease. And really hope there is a cure or medication to help it. Thoughts and prayers with his loved ones. :(

Reactions: 1 person

kanc

Sep 9, 2013
I just now noticed that the creators of Nick's most popular properties (SpongeBob, The Loud House, and Henry Danger) are all absent. :confused:
that was because few days ago Stephen Hillenburg (creator of SpongeBob) died of ALS, which I think was sudden. Chris Savino former creator of Loud House was fired from Nickelodeon effective as of Oct 2017, and Dan Schneider and Nickelodeon part ways due to controversy as of Mar 2018

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
They never actually mentioned any controversy as to why Dan Schneider and Nickelodeon decided to part ways. It is sadly a possibility given all of the terrible rumors surrounding him, but that wasn't a given reason when it was first announced.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Nov 1, 2013
Well it is sort if fitting for a Marine Biologist.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 people

Theagames10

Dec 21, 2017
So one person decided to make a petition to have Sweet Victory(S3 Band Geeks) played at the Super Bowl next year, and the petition has 924k signatures...

The reason I am bringing this up is because, on December 12, the Stadium that hosts the Super Bowl tweeted this, and now everyone is getting hyped up, so did the Mercedes Benz Stadium look at the petition I mentioned and maybe said yes to the fans of Spongebob???

Reactions: 1 person

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
I hate to say it, but that petition is going nowhere. SpongeBob has nothing to do with football and the NFL is not going to do a tribute to the guy who created it because they had a random sports band in an episode. Not gonna happen.

Nov 10, 2018
AZ
Well that’s sad news because he pretty much created the only good seasons of Spongebob 1 and 2 and half of 3. But on the bright side Spongebob can finally end.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I wonder if there are any "zombie channels" within WarnerMedia's portfolio that can be flipped.
Ahh, finally, the weekend is here. And this isn't just any old weekend. This is the weekend that SpongeBob and Patrick go camping. Wouldn't it be great if they got lost in the woods and never came back?
The Aladdin remake is one of few films that I am actively hoping underperforms. The more we can convince Disney to stop giving animation the finger with these remakes, the better.
I can't believe Russell fricking died.