R.I.P Stan Lee (1922-2018)

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Excelsior! :(.
Seriously, this is sad. First Stefan Karl and now Stan Lee. Why are all these greats dying?

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Ever since I was a kid, I always liked to imagine Stan Lee as an immortal god who would outlive the universe itself, but I guess I kinda knew that's not the case.

Rest in Peace, Stan Lee. Thank you for everything.

Dsneybuf

I also watched the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes 2-parter "Gamma World", choosing a story in which Stan Lee created the villain (The Leader).

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
I'm going to preface this with saying that I am not a Marvel/superhero fan and that I have seen very few Marvel related properties.

Despite what I said above, this news is immensely tragic and honestly leaves a hole in me. I've always low-key really respected Stan Lee even though I'm not a Marvel fan. He seemed like a legitimately good guy, and the fact that he contributed so much creativity to such a monumental company is an accomplishment that's hard to comprehend. Stan Lee made the superhero, and it's so hard to believe that he's gone. I'm thankful that he lived a long life, but it hurts knowing he's no longer with us.

What a sad day for the world. R.I.P. Stan Lee. Your legacy and incredible contributions to the world of superheroes will never, ever be forgotten.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Just updated the site yesterday, but this required a special banner.

top250.jpg

Spideyzilla

Staff member
I try not to get too emotional but man this picture tore me up

View attachment 210362
Yeah, that got me also. Be prepared: pretty much every comic book artist or cartoonist in the world is going to be doing something similar to this one, and they're all going to be equally sad. The loss of Stan Lee is a monumental one for the comic industry, I still can't believe he's actually gone.

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
This is really sad news, I'm a huge Marvel Fan. I wonder if the MCU will continue after Avengers 4, or if that will be the last MCU movie.

jaylop97

Staff member
Stan Lee did so much in his career, and he it's incredible to see how his contributions to Marvel have really impacted society over the last half century. He was truly a icon to all for his contributions.

the greenman

It was equally fitting he passed away on Veterans Day as he was one. That along with every artist or filmmakers that inspired me were Vets which made me join.

I can't remember my first intro to Lee. My Dad sold comic books when I was young and allowed me to read them. I knew of Lee from his words on the printed page; the Bullpen intros and such. I think I was first aware of him audibly through his voiceovers on The Incredible Hulk 1981 cartoon. His love and enthusiasm of language inspired me to read and educate myself. That is and was a lasting lesson and gift of Stan "The Man" Lee; inspiration.

R.I.P., dear sir.
Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Roxas_Sora

I will always regret not having the chance in my life of meeting him face to face.

Well, if there's justice in the world, now she will be alongside her beloved wife, Joan. He might be reunited with some of his oldest friends, like Jack Kirby. And who knows?, maybe he will finally meet the man who was HIS inspiration and idol: Walt Disney.

There will never be another Stan Lee in the world, that's for sure. With his departure, there has been left a void in our community. But it is us, the True Believers and newcomers alike, who have to keep The Man's legacy alive; keeping his stories in our minds and his great words in our hearts.

So, in his immortal words, I proudly say: EXCELSIOR!

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
He will be missed.

As for the first time I saw him onscreen, it was as a kid (albeit I didn't know who he was at the time) watching the Muppet Babies episode Comic Capers where Spider-Dog and Spider-Girl (no relation to Mayday Parker or a What If? variation on Betty Brant) spray him with some webbing (or silly string, same difference).

Well, if there's justice in the world, now she will be alongside her beloved wife, Joan. He might be reunited with some of his oldest friends, like Jack Kirby. And who knows?, maybe he will finally meet the man who was HIS inspiration and idol: Walt Disney.

And to be sure, that is a silver lining if ever there was one. Heck if you've read the autobiographical comic/gn "Stan Lee: Fantastic, Amazing, Incredible", meeting his wife was likened to Peter Parker meeting Mary Jane Watson for the first time in ASM #42. Read a library copy of the trade not too long after her passing and definitely felt for him even more so.

Just talking in general now, but as for getting my own copy of the book, I was going to get to it eventually, but now I'm going to make it a definite purchase between this December and no later than February 2019.

Radical

Banned
Very sad news, Stan Lee was awesome who brought it to life in the Marvel Universe along with the Marvel comics and my favorite best Marvel shows he works on, most fans love him and I'm a big fan of Stan and his awesome work.Loved his cool voice acting/cameos in The Simpsons, The Superhero Squad Show, The Spectacular Spider-Man, Teen Titans Go! To The Movies, and Big Hero 6: The Series and loved his great funny guest appearance in The Big Bang Theory.He'll be missed along with Burt Reynolds, Aretha Franklin, and John McCain:crying:.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts