R.I.P. Peter Mark Richman (1927-2021)

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Actor Peter Mark Richman has died at the age of 93.

Richman had the role of Nicholas Cain in the films The Murder Men and The Crimebusters, as well as the TV series Cain's Hundred. His first film role was in Friendly Persuasion, and his last two were Mysteria (1956) and After the Wizard (both 2011). Another appearance was in Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan.

Richman appeared in numerous television shows, among them Longstreet (Duke Paige), the soap operas Santa Barbara (C.C. Capwell) and Dynasty (Andrew Laird), Electra Woman and Dyna Girl (The Pharaoh), Three's Company (Reverend Luther Snow, the father of Chrissy) and Beverly Hills: 90210 (Lawrence Carson). Among his guest appearances were in The Virginian, The Twilight Zone ("The Fear"- the penultimate episode- as Robert Franklin), Mission Impossible, Star Trek: The Next Generation ("The Neutral Zone", as Ralph Offenhouse). He had several voiceover appearances in animated shows, most notably in Defenders of the Earth (as The Phantom) and the 1994 Spider-Man series (as an elderly version of Peter Parker/Spider-Man).

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
"The Fear" just aired on MeTV. How coincidental, more or less.

BTW, Richman was originally without "Peter" in his name; that came from being part of the Subud spiritual movement. Another such member was Gerald David Music, later known as Lorenzo Music (voice of Garfield).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts