R.I.P. Julie Strain (1962-2021)

Low Spark of Lyman

Throw me a role, Jon.
Actress, model, "Queen of the B-movies" Julie Strain has succumbed to complications of dementia at the mere age of 58. She had suffered head trauma in her twenties after falling off a horse, causing retrograde amnesia then and apparently the dementia much later.

Strain is best known for voicing (and inspiring) Julie in Heavy Metal 2000 and its video game adaptation. Her likeness was often used for Heavy Metal magazine covers during the 1990s. She was the former wife of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator and Heavy Metal editor/publisher Kevin Eastman. Heavy Metal published an autobiography, Six Foot One and Worth the Climb, in 1997.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not so sure where this should go. I was going to put it in The Voice Actors Appreciation Society, because of the "best known" thing, but then thought discussion shouldn't necessarily be limited to that. But I don't know if this is better.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I think I kno why Nicktoons brought back older shows, as well as NickRewind, I think it might have something to do with Tooned In. Tooned In is a trivia game show with Nickelodeon cartoons trivia questions.
New page on the RegularCapital Audiovisual Research Wiki: 4Kids Entertainment Nearly Launched A TV Channel In The UK 4Kids Entertainment Nearly Launched A TV Channel In The UK
Ricky Roxburgh, one of the writers for Monsters At Work, said how he isn't thrilled that the show didn't get mentioned that much in the article. He compares the situation to that of Tangled The Series (which he also worked on).

We do have Nickelodeon on netflix thread, I wonder why nobody is using it other than me? It was last active on Nov 2019
It kills me that Jojo Siwa has a Wikipedia page and DCU's James Tucker doesn't.

Featured Posts