R.I.P. Jack Sheldon (1931-2019)

Latest News & Videos

Low Spark of Lyman

You Don't Know Me
Apr 7, 2018
New Hampshire, U.S.
garfield.fandom.com
(Not sure if this should go in the Voice Actors Appreciation Society due to his significance to a certain franchise, but since he was primarily in the music field, I figured I'd post this here)

Jack Sheldon, best known for singing on numerous Schoolhouse Rock! episodes, including "Conjunction Junction" and "I'm Just a Bill", passed away on December 27. SH! alumni Bob Dorough (who also wrote many of the songs) and Grady Tate both died not long ago, along with Blossom Dearie a decade ago.

Besides Schoolhouse Rock!, Sheldon was a performer and the musical director for The Merv Griffin Show. He starred in the short-lived 1960s sitcom Run, Buddy, Run and later became a recurring actor on Dragnet. He was a guest voice actor on episodes of The Simpsons, Family Guy and Johnny Bravo, and contributed to the soundtrack of the Teacher's Pet movie.

As a trumpet player, he performed with names such as Art Pepper, Sonny Stitt, Stan Kenton, Johnny Mandel, Herbie Mann, The Monkees and Tom Waits, in addition to his own career.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
I remember his voice role as the Amendment To Be in a Schoolhouse Rock parody for The Simpsons episode "The Day Violence Died".

Reactions: Fone Bone

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If Flintstones = Grand Dad, what does Yogi Bear equal? Grand Bear?
It took me all day and most of the month, but I finally got my 2 laptops upgraded (SSD, new RAM, replaced any and all broken parts, full cleanup of useless programs and salvaging useful ones). It was rough work, but I enjoyed every minute of it!

Someday, I'm gonna do this for a living, honestly.
Asa
What is with Nickelodeon US refusing to air the Pineapple RV episode of SpongeBob? It's already been aired in some countries, how come America didn't get it yet?
Tex Avery's MGM Cartoons are finally getting a blu-ray release after years of us waiting, at last!
#RIPKobe, Gigi, and the others in the helicopter.