R.I.P. Dusty Hill (1949-2021)

Low Spark of Lyman

Resident Garfield Expert
R.I.P. to Dusty Hill, bassist and singer-songwriter for ZZ Top, whose death was announced by fellow members Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard. He occasionally had lead or co-lead vocals on their songs, most notably "Francine" and "Tush". Oh, and "Can't Stop Rocking", which you may know from the opening sequence of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III. Hill and Beard appeared together in local bands such as the Warlocks and American Blues.

Dusty Hill, along with the rest of ZZ Top, appeared as himself in Back to the Future Part III, where the group did an Old West version of "Doubleback" (the regular version from Recycler plays during the credits), and the King of the Hill episode "Hank Gets Dusted", as a cousin of Hank Hill.

Low Spark of Lyman

Resident Garfield Expert
Dusty Hill left the band five days prior to his death to recover from an injury. The group's longtime guitar technician, Elwood Francis, took his place then. The group will continue with Francis on bass, per Hill's wishes.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Back to my kizunatchi pfp
Powerpuff Girls 2016 stands out from the other shows Bob Boyle created/co-created since it's the only one to star human characters, albeit super-powered ones. The other shows he created/co-created (Yin Yang Yo, Wow Wow Wubbzy, and Chico Bon Bon Monkey With A Tool Belt) star animal characters.
That Girl Lay Lay on NickPluto for what I noticed in random times.. just I checked today.
This is why i changed my pfp for 1 day

My kizunatchi pfp will return after 1 day
Earlier this year was the 20th anniversary of macOS (then known as Mac OS X): 10.0 "Cheetah". Today, it's the 20th anniversary of the next release: 10.1 "Puma".

Featured Posts