R.I.P. Dale Baer (1950-2021)

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Character animator Dale Baer has died at the age of 70 on January 15. His cause of death has not yet been disclosed.

Baer worked on numerous Disney films throughout his career, including Robin Hood, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too, The Rescuers, The Black Cauldron, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Prince and the Pauper, The Lion King, Tarzan, The Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, Home on the Range, The Princess and the Frog and Winnie the Pooh (2011).

He also worked on non-Disney films, including Journey Back to Oz, The Lord of the Rings (1978), Quest for Camelot and, yes, Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. His last known credential appears to be the upcoming Bob's Burgers: The Movie.

Baer won an Annie Award in 2001 for his work on The Emperor's New Groove (for Individual Character Animation via Yzma) and a Winsor McCay Award in 2016.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts