R.I.P. Dale Baer (1950-2021)

Low Spark of Lyman

Throw me a role, Jon.
Character animator Dale Baer has died at the age of 70 on January 15. His cause of death has not yet been disclosed.

Baer worked on numerous Disney films throughout his career, including Robin Hood, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too, The Rescuers, The Black Cauldron, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Prince and the Pauper, The Lion King, Tarzan, The Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, Home on the Range, The Princess and the Frog and Winnie the Pooh (2011).

He also worked on non-Disney films, including Journey Back to Oz, The Lord of the Rings (1978), Quest for Camelot and, yes, Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. His last known credential appears to be the upcoming Bob's Burgers: The Movie.

Baer won an Annie Award in 2001 for his work on The Emperor's New Groove (for Individual Character Animation via Yzma) and a Winsor McCay Award in 2016.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Lawrence Ferlinghetti, former Poet Laureate of San Francisco and publisher involved with Allen Ginsburg's Howl, has died at the age of 101.
I think I kno why Nicktoons brought back older shows, as well as NickRewind, I think it might have something to do with Tooned In. Tooned In is a trivia game show with Nickelodeon cartoons trivia questions.
New page on the RegularCapital Audiovisual Research Wiki: 4Kids Entertainment Nearly Launched A TV Channel In The UK 4Kids Entertainment Nearly Launched A TV Channel In The UK
Ricky Roxburgh, one of the writers for Monsters At Work, said how he isn't thrilled that the show didn't get mentioned that much in the article. He compares the situation to that of Tangled The Series (which he also worked on).

We do have Nickelodeon on netflix thread, I wonder why nobody is using it other than me? It was last active on Nov 2019

Featured Posts