R.I.P. Coolio (1963-2022)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
RIP, man and in addition to "Gangsta's Paradise", "1, 2, 3, 4", "Fantastic Voyage" and the Kenan & Kel theme song, he also gave us the underrated hit that was "C U When U Get There".

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
"Gangsta's Paradise" was the turning point for the rap genre. The goofy vibes from Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, and their contemporaries from the early 90s evaporated shortly after this song was released. Rap became a lot more hardcore and focused towards the hardships faced by gangs and the Black community.

Thank you, Coolio, for this change. R.I.P.

parkersfan89

Coolio?...& SNL's Mary Katherine Gallagher were in PPG?...

Attachments

• IMG_2725.jpeg
    IMG_2725.jpeg
    426.3 KB · Views: 25

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts