“Aqua Teen Hunger Force” Returning News & Discussion

[classic swim]

SwimShady
Already made this thread earlier in the year but it did not survive the wreckage.

Adult Swim Orders Five New Episodes Of ‘Aqua Teen Hunger Force’

Last time I shared the news in a more passive aggressive tone because Aquadonk + Deathfighter/Plantasm already was the return and was more than enough. That and the state of the news at the time.

Though, this is a five episode order. So it’s not playing with fire exactly. Don’t expect to gain the same traction as before but I think it still deserves a tab.

[classic swim]

SwimShady
The new Aqua Teen, upon other series will have a first glimpse at New York Comic Con on October 12 for an Adult Swim Presents panel.

Panel Information

Last year’s NYCC was where Plantasm/Deathfighter was exclusively screened before release.

[classic swim]

SwimShady
I dosed off and missed any footage if it was streamed (also just not seeing clips anywhere) so this is all I have to go on.

But apparently there will be guest stars like Eric Bauza, Gary Anthony Williams, Brian Cox, etc.

And about the same info as before which further validates this being a “testing the waters” state.

Was also said that it should be expected this year!

[classic swim]

SwimShady
I mean the logo is there. There’s a small chance they might pull another insanely worded title sequence out of their hat but I think they just wanna return to form. Even though the animation style alone is clearly different now with Bento Box.

There’s a part of me that’s shocked by the decision to have this air back on Adult Swim proper. I honestly thought they would just let this die on Max before anything else.

It’s good to see the network reinstill confidence back into ATHF even if this test they’re conducting goes no where.

Eldorado

Just as I figured, they're going to Squidbillies route like in Plantasm and doing more movement than before.

Kind of takes away from the show's charm.

[classic swim]

SwimShady
That was my complaint too.

The Aquadonk season was more subtle with the advancements and stayed true to the show’s design while this is shooting to be completely different. It’s only five episodes but still, I don’t want Aqua Teen to be reduced to a bunch of meme drawings for meme sake.

[classic swim]

SwimShady
[as] now has a YouTube marathon to promote the new season.

A standard ATHF marathon has long since been the case for Adult Swim’s website and app, but it’s been very glitchy and unplayable for me lately.

The YouTube marathon in of itself is weirdly edited. Completely bypasses theme song and some of the credits.

Current episodes I believe are as followed: Revenge of The Mooninites, Dirtfoot, Total Re-Carl, Larry Miller Hair System, and 100.

[classic swim]

SwimShady
Episode premiere titles have been revealed through this apparent source.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Adult Swim Series - Where To Watch

S12EP1 - A Quiet Shake

S12EP2 - Shaketopia
(this one we pretty much already knew was happening)

EDIT: Both episode titles are now listed on Adult Swim’s website.

The only correction is that Shaketopia appears to be the season premiere, while A Quiet Shake should actually be the one following after.

Last edited:

[classic swim]

SwimShady
Radio Labyrinth interview with Dave Willis & Matt Maiellaro.

The interview starts at the 6:30 mark.

I skimmed all around and got some useful info out of it.

- They talked a bit about the scrapped Space Ghost movie they had pitched to Warner before things went topsy turvy. Tad Ghostal being broke in Orlando. Sounds quite similar to what they originally had planned for Harvey Birdman.

- According to Willis, George Lowe seems to be doing better, health wise. Shame we won’t hear him.

- We’ll basically never know how well Deathfighter/Plantasm did just because of the way things are now in this landscape. Their 20 page script was butchered.

- Dolly Parton turned down a part on ATHF and was pretty nasty in an email. The creators are notorious for joke answers in interviews but I believe about as much that she was rude. I still have no honest idea why anyone likes her to begin with.

- Wesley Snipes also turned down.

- The infamous Boost Mobile episode got Axe Body Spray at the end because Mr. Peanut wouldn’t go for them. Also, I remember those seductive Axe commercials in between [as] fairly well from when that episode aired.

19MagiswordLane

Anime Superhero's Crooner of Carnage, babe!
I assume Dolly just doesn't like the humor of the show. The only thing she knows about Adult Swim is that they employed Unknown Hinson in the past, so she probably wants nothing to do with them (as well as probably overall not liking the humor of the company).

Last edited:

prpis

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs
True…he was one of my heroes. RIP.

edit: wait a question came to me.....did the idea of the movie come about before or after his passing?

Last edited:

[classic swim]

SwimShady
There are other ways to decline and opt out of a TV show request.

The Hinson fiasco would make me sympathetic. She didn’t deserve that and would especially owe Dave Willis nothing in that regard. If it’s about Hinson though, he was fired. Willis & Fortier were the first to make a statement on Hinson being fired.

That could be on Willis if previous behavior wasn’t specified or apologized for in any way, but Parton can also do her own research if that was an issue. That’s if she even knows who Hinson is or what he even said about her on Facebook.

True…he was one of my heroes. RIP.

edit: wait a question came to me.....did the idea of the movie come about before or after his passing?
Most likely after. Not just because of streaming but this idea would be an automatic ‘no’ from Lazzo.

Silver-7

Tad Ghostal
hoping this season does well so we can get more episodes later. from what i've heard plantasm did well and on max, ATHF is still one of the most consistently watched shows. really excited for sunday night, loved this show in middle school and never stopped. if plantasm is anything to go by, i think we're in for something good

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts