R.I.P. Chick Corea (1941-2021)

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Jazz keyboardist Chick Corea has passed away at the age of 79.

Corea was one of several keyboardists who worked with Miles Davis in the late 1960s and early 1970s. He formed the fusion band Return to Forever in 1970, where he composed tunes such as "La Fiesta", "Spain" and "500 Miles High". He also did "Windows", which has appeared on an album by The Weather Channel (i.e. Local on the 8s).

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I've seen someone consider Chick the Eddie Van Halen of the fusion scene, which seems like an app comparison. A huge, versatile talent who will surely be missed, RIP

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
I've seen someone consider Chick the Eddie Van Halen of the fusion scene, which seems like an app comparison. A huge, versatile talent who will surely be missed, RIP
That's interesting to know.

Even though I was born well after the '70s, I'm a huge fan of the Fender Rhodes sound. Corea's work with the instrument is one of my favorites, along with that of Herbie Hancock.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/

Featured Posts