R.I.P. Billy Joe Shaver (1939-2020)

Low Spark of Lyman

Resident Garfield Expert
Country singer-songwriter Billy Joe Shaver has died at the age of 81. Many of his songs were recorded by Waylon Jennings for his album Honky Tonk Heroes, including the hit "You Ask Me To". He also contributed to/got covered by artists such as Elvis Presley, Kris Kristofferson, The Allman Brothers Band, Willie Nelson and Patty Loveless.

Fans of Squidbillies are likely familiar with Shaver's theme song for the show, which has had numerous versions made by different musical artists throughout its 15-year history (I assume it'll continue for future episodes).

Shaver also had an acting career, appearing in the movies The Apostle, Secondhand Lions, The Wendell Baker Story, and Bait Shop, as well as the shows Still the King, Norm Macdonald Has a Show and the aforementioned Squidbillies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I wish a happy 83rd birthday to Michael Bell.

Both are tied with 1 vote each. I'll be tiebreaker and pick Tamaranean Dance Club to move to the next round. The next matchup is A Gift For Dad. It's between "Present Tense" from The Loud House and "The Other Side: The Tournament" from Craig Of The Creek.
I have a question about ratings. Those ratings for a shows that we see, do they show just how much viewers watched the whole episode of the show or they include also people that randomly tuned in for few minutes before they turned off TV/changed the channel?
what went horribly, HORRIBLY wrong with HBO Max's The Prince?
Hero Elementary will have a first day of school special airing on Monday September 6.

Featured Posts