Question about the 1967 Hanna-Barbera produced Fantastic Four cartoon series

Latest News & Videos

dth1971

Sep 19, 2003
Inverness, IL
Do you think it would be difficult for Disney, which owns Marvel Comics, to rerun on Disney XD or release on DVD the 1967 Hanna-Barbera produced Fantastic Four cartoon series, this may be a same red tape situation with Disney and Warner Bros. (owner of the Hanna-Barbera library) just like the still going red tape situation with DC Comics/Warner Bros. and 20th. Century Fox to release on DVD the 1966-1968 Adam West/Burt Ward live action Batman TV series?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I have no idea how this copyright stuff works but I'd guess that the situation isn't too different from that of Batman, especially since both shows were made before home video was actually a thing. There's probably even less of an incentive to sort this out due to the much smaller fanbase and smaller chance of profit to justify any time or money spent.

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
If I doubted the existence of red tape in this situation, I would have expected at least a burn-on-demand set in 2015, knowing how Warner usually treats Hanna-Barbera shows these days.

EDIT: Actually, it does seem possible that Marvel wouldn't see much of a chance of getting satisfactory amounts of royalties from a burn-on-demand set.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

back when the Harvey Weinstein allegations happened i remember saying "well i'm not surprised he's known for being a jerk to certain movies particularly in his treatment in animated movies he acquired and is known for re-cutting live action flims behind director's backs."
They are still airing New Episodes of Max and Ruby???
Most NBCU networks will air movies with limited ads.
Happy 51st Birthday to MCU Ant-Man's Paul Rudd
Happy 24th Birthday to Bunk'd star Miranda May
Happy 22nd Birthday to Bunk'd and Jessie's Peyton R. List
Happy Birthday to the great Akira Toriyama!