Question about, possibly, really obscure cartoon character

moocko

Hi! I am new to this forum, so please redirect this post to its accurate thread, if shouldn't be here.

I'm racking my brains, trying to identify a cartoon character and the TV-show he figured in. What I've got is this: the character is a human male, has black hair, brown clothes (nothing flashy), one of his eyes covered (possibly with a patch), has a worn face (with possibly a scar or two) and one of his arms is a cyborg arm, on which he can put things like a laser gun, a drill etc. He is obviously a baddie. The TV-show, as well as I can remember, is in the vein of something like M.A.S.K - sci fi-action, realistically drawn. It should be an eighties- or early nineties-show. I remember this character from cable TV in Sweden, and the memory is at least 25 years old. The specific scene I can remember was, I believe, set in a kind of cave/mountain-environment, and if I'm not wrong, the "good guys" of the show are imprisoned in the scene and the baddie is explaining something to them (probably an evil plan of sorts). He might be demonstrating all the things he can do with his cyborg arm too.

If anyone has the slightest idea what this is, I would be so grateful! Thnx in advance.

moocko

Thanks so much for answer! It's not him, but the show is undoubtely in the vein of GI Joe.

dumbfoolkid5

Or something like Spiral Zone? StarCom? SkySurfer Strike Force? Or Space Srikers? Exo Squad or Wing Commander? Maybe?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

moocko

Is he Skyborg from the 1986 Jonny Quest episode, "The Scourge of Skyborg"?

That's kinda eerie, 'cos there are quite a few similarities. Still not him, tho. The animation style, as I remember it, was more detailed and the character in question has a much more scarred/wrinkly face. I got "Doc Terror" (don't remember the name of the show) as a tip yesterday, and he also has some similarities - especially in what the face looks like. Not him either tho. Thanks so much for reply!

moocko

Or something like Spiral Zone? StarCom? SkySurfer Strike Force? Or Space Srikers? Exo Squad or Wing Commander? Maybe?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've gone through pictures of characters from Spiral Zone and Starcom before, but didn't find anything. The new tips were great (big thanx!) and I've gone through them just now - still haven't found the villain tho.

moocko

Thanks dumbfoolkid5, all those tips are great! I've check thru Action Man, BattleTech, James Bond Jr and Defenders of the Earth (a childhood favorite of mine), but to no avail. Checked your other tips just now, but didn't find anything. I think Roswell Conspiracies and Men in Black are too new. Googled them anyway, but didn't see anything familiar.

moocko

Could this be something from, say, Centurions?

Checked that before! It sure does look like a show it could be and, as I've written before, the character I'm looking for has some really eerie similarities with the main villain (see post above) of Centurions. Still not him tho. At least not in that giant orange armour. Big thanks tho!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts