Quentin Tarantino directing Star Trek 4?!?!

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,746 7
Framingham, MA
This is different. Tarantino's films are known to engage in debauchery and depravity which completely goes against everything Roddenberry believed in about humanity. The MA episodes of Discovery were mature, but not over the top. What Tarantino wants to do instead is destroy everything that makes Star Trek Star Trek.

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
Ratings
Remember, at the moment, it has not been confirmed whenever Tarantino will actually direct the movie. He only came up with a story idea, presented it to J. J. Abrams/Paramount and Mark L. Smith (the writer of The Revenant) is currently turning it into a full screenplay. Naturally, it is assumed that Tarantino will also direct, but considering that to date he has never directed a movie not written by himself, we just have to wait and see.

But honestly, I'm open to this. Star Trek movies could use a major shake-up, since the last great Star Trek movie was First Contact, which was 22 years ago! Insurrection is the worst out of all of them, Nemesis (with help from Enterprise) killed the franchise, both 09 and Into Darkness are less racist Michael Bay movies and Beoynd was entertaining, but nothing noteworthy. Maybe Tarantino is an injection of new energy and fresh ideas that the franchise seriously needs. Granted, if it was up to me to choose some well-known filmmaker to make the next movie, I would go with someone like Duncan Jones or Alex Garland, who would make a hard science-fiction movie, but Tarantino is self-admitted trekkie, so he hopefully will respect the property.

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ratings
137 13
Ohio
Honestly I was hoping his Trek movie would be Tarantino's shot at a PG-13 movie as a change of pace, allowing a wider audience to see what he can do. All he has directed have been R-rated movies. Guess this will continue to be the case.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,746 7
Framingham, MA
Honestly I was hoping his Trek movie would be Tarantino's shot at a PG-13 movie as a change of pace, allowing a wider audience to see what he can do. All he has directed have been R-rated movies. Guess this will continue to be the case.
That's what I had hoped too. But Tarantino never fails to live down to my lowest expectations.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,746 7
Framingham, MA
They should just cancel the movie. Either make Beyond the last Kelvin Timeline movie, or start over from scratch with a new Kelvin Next Gen cast. They need to get away from whatever crap Taratino had planned for the franchise.

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
Ratings
Again, just like I said in my previous post, Star Trek 4 (which will be directed by S. J. Clarkson) and Tarantino's Trek project are two seperate things, and at the moment we don't even know for sure whenever the latter will feature the kelvin cast or not.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,746 7
Framingham, MA
Again, just like I said in my previous post, Star Trek 4 (which will be directed by S. J. Clarkson) and Tarantino's Trek project are two seperate things, and at the moment we don't even know for sure whenever the latter will feature the kelvin cast or not.
Do we know for sure they are two separate things? Do you have a link to confirm that?

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ratings
137 13
Ohio
You know what's ironic about QT's R-rated Star Trek? The first Trek movie was originally rated G. Therefore, we will have had Trek movies on opposite ends of the rating spectrum (not counting NC-17 for obvious reasons).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,746 7
Framingham, MA
As far as I'm concerned the first movie was misrated. It contains swearing and pretty gruesome violence at points (such as the horrific transporter deaths). If it were released today is would get a pretty easy PG-13.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...