Qubo News and Discussion Thread

TheWolfPup2006

"I can fly, I can fly, I can flyyyyy!"
It looks like Qubo's Tuesday marathon for the new schedule is gonna be (once again) Babar!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 4.22.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 4.22.24 PM.png
    578.5 KB · Views: 66

ToonRo

With Pirates: Adventures in Art still in the new schedule, and there being the least episode count than any other show on qubo (as far as I know), I don't see why it hasn't been moved to weekends (but not airing it for more than an hour), if they insist on keeping it on the air.

Why can't qubo put two shows in one hour, like they did with their past schedules?
(e.x. Marvin, Ned's Newt, Stickin' Around, and Scaredy Squirrel)
After seeing countless Pirates reruns, I'm ready to see these shows back in their previous timeslots (but keep Babar and Badou in the 4th slot), or at least different shows.

Yup, I'm not really liking the new schedule, aside from the new additions and the removal of modern Bob.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
With Pirates: Adventures in Art still in the new schedule, and there being the least episode count than any other show on qubo (as far as I know), I don't see why it hasn't been moved to weekends (but not airing it for more than an hour), if they insist on keeping it on the air.

Why can't qubo put two shows in one hour, like they did with their past schedules?
After seeing countless Pirates reruns, I'm ready to see these shows back in their previous timeslots (but keep Babar and Badou in the 4th slot), or at least different shows.

Yup, I'm not really liking the new schedule, aside from the new additions and the removal of modern Bob.
Yes! I very much agree, Pirates is a good show but seeing the same 22 episodes again over and over gets very tiring.

As a matter of fact, Qubo at this point should air all their shows in 30 min blocks. They seem to have enough shows in their catalogue to air and it also helps for less shows to get removed. Yes I know they have paid programming overnight but that isn't an excuse to just air the same few shows over and over again everyday. I would divide the channel into two blocks: Preschool shows in the morning and early afternoons and family/action and comedy shows in the mid afternoon and evenings. That way Qubo truly does have something for everyone. (Kind of like The Hub)

Theolivepit

Cartoon fan, coffee and tea lover

I definitely agree. I’m not really liking the new schedule either. Qubo really should add a lot more variety to their schedules than they are right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
I would divide the channel into two blocks: Preschool shows in the morning and early afternoons and family/action and comedy shows in the mid afternoon and evenings. That way Qubo truly does have something for everyone. (Kind of like The Hub)
Off Topic Question: You know, now that I think about it, why can't Hasbro partner up with Ion Media instead of Discovery Communications?

I could definitely see The Hub last longer than it did with Discovery. Do you think that could work? I sure do. It would have a mix between Qubo and Hasbro shows. Plus, Qubo is a over the air broadcast network, and I think it's perfect.

Do you think it could work if Qubo rebrand themselves as The Hub again after Discovery's partnership expires? Or do you think The Hub could come back as a programming block on Qubo? Or the Hub could come back as a streaming service?

Let me know.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
But, despite being over the air, not as many people have Qubo(21 million households as opposed to 55 million for Discovery Family), mainly in part because cable operators are skeptical of Ion’s reputation as basically a ton of informercials(and now that they’ve added them to Qubo, their case became justified). Plus, in addition to advertisers being skeptical of Hasbro’s involvement... why does it have to be The Hub? Can’t Qubo still have its name and yet add Hub-ish programs? And Transformers certainly isn’t a fit for current Qubo, even if MLP is.

In my opinion, Discovery and Ion should merge, and Qubo replaces Discovery Family as the major kids channel, with Hasbro still providing content, and with a wider focus.

TVFan88

Broco
But, despite being over the air, not as many people have Qubo(21 million households as opposed to 55 million for Discovery Family), mainly in part because cable operators are skeptical of Ion’s reputation as basically a ton of informercials(and now that they’ve added them to Qubo, their case became justified). Plus, in addition to advertisers being skeptical of Hasbro’s involvement... why does it have to be The Hub? Can’t Qubo still have its name and yet add Hub-ish programs? And Transformers certainly isn’t a fit for current Qubo, even if MLP is.

In my opinion, Discovery and Ion should merge, and Qubo replaces Discovery Family as the major kids channel, with Hasbro still providing content, and with a wider focus.
Yeah, And Speaking of Ion, Did you saw the news that Scripps is buying Ion Media? E.W. Scripps to Acquire Ion Media for $2.65 Billion With Aid From Berkshire Hathaway

JMTV

The Adorkable One.

Yeah, you do bring up a good point. It's gonna be really difficult if Hasbro were to partnered with Ion Media. That would be much more of a mess than partner up with Discovery by comparison.

Now that I think about it, Airing Hasbro and former Hub shows on Qubo is a much better idea. I think it's better to give Qubo much more of an expansion to replaced Discovery Family rather than bringing back The Hub name and branding since we already know it failed. In addition to Discovery Family being in zombie mode right now, I agree that Discovery and Ion should merge so they can put that dead channel to rest forever. So that way Hasbro can have more of a breathing room for their content on Qubo. I mean, I can see Qubo being the next generation Hub at this point.

Since Discovery bought Ion Media a couple of months ago, I think Hasbro should at least hold their Discovery partnership a little bit longer so Qubo can aired their shows, Hasbro shows, Hub shows, and new content all in one place.

Oh my gosh, there's so many possibilities they can do with this. And it's perfect!

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!

Or perhaps they could rebrand Qubo as a relaunched Discovery Kids (having the same branding as the Latin American one).

TheWolfPup2006

"I can fly, I can fly, I can flyyyyy!"
I had an idea that Qubo and Scripps’ Laff channel could merge into one entity...
That's an awesome idea!

And sorry if I'm being a little off topic here, but I just randomly caught myself quietly singing The Magic School Bus Rides Again's theme song lol... it's completely stuck in my head now after watching a few episodes on Qubo for the past few weeks.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
No, EW Scripps bought Ion. The Scripps cable networks Discovery bought and EW Scripps are different things.
Oh okay. I thought they were the same. My bad.

But still, like you said, it would be awesome if Ion and Discovery merge together, and have Qubo replace Discovery Family and put it out of it's misery.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts