Qubo News and Discussion Thread

CartoonLover2604

One of the few people that talks about Qubo
I guess I'm gonna say another thing that disheartens me about all of this is that just about all of Qubo's programming no longer have a home on U.S television anymore. Yeah YouTube has most of Qubo's library free but somehow now it just doesn't feel the same. That's another thing that made Qubo special in my eyes.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
What I'm gonna miss:
  • Watching the channel often
  • All of the wonderful shows
  • The branding
  • Most of the promos
What I'm NOT gonna miss:
  • Ask Me
  • Most of the BatteryPOP interstitials (ESPECIALLY Super Geek Heroes and Om Nom)
  • Airing promos for shows that stopped airing
  • The Genius Brands shows
  • Mickey's Farm

Last edited:

Theolivepit

Cartoon fan, addicted to pizza
What I’m going to miss:
• Many of the shows such as Jacob Two-Two, Rescue Heroes, Pippi Longstocking, Being Ian, etc.
• Promos
• A few of the shorts
• Being introduced to shows that are new to me and being reintroduced to shows from my childhood
• The variety (although the variety has seemed to go downhill a bit, there was more variety than networks such as CN)
• Qubo Night Owl (I’m aware that it was discontinued in 2019)

What I’m not going to miss:
• Paid programming
• Ask Me
• Super Geek Heroes and Charlie Freaks Out
• September 2017 schedule
• Mickey’s Farm
• Thomas Edison’s Secret Lab
• Some of the annoying commercials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CNC

It looks like Qubo will be shut down for good :(
View attachment 285314
Well since that's happening, I graphed their final TV schedule before they shut down. RIP.

1610594626158.png

homeofthebadguys

Welp, sad to see it go, but at least it's shutting down on-format rather than surviving a format drift.
Now the real question is what about it's channel space? Nothing's changed on KSPX-TV thus far (the KCSO-LD repeat is also active), and Katz's networks are all affiliated with various third-party stations.
As for Katz networks in the Sacramento market, CBS carrying 1 (Laff on KMAX-TV's .2), Tegna carrying one (Bounce on KXTV's .3), Univision carrying three (Court TV Mystery and Bounce on KUVS .3 and .4, Grit on KTFK's .4) and Nexstar carrying 1 (Court TV on KTXL's .3)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CNC

LinusFan303

A fan of Peanuts in their 70th year
It introduced to me to stuff I otherwise wouldn't have seen like Jacob Two Two , Pippi Longstocking, and reintroduced stuff I hadn't seen in sometime , like Magic School Bus (the original one) Anne of Green Gables, Inspector Gadget.

CartoonLover2604

One of the few people that talks about Qubo
What I'm gonna miss:
  • The many great shows Qubo introduced me to or reintroduced me to from my childhood
  • Promos
  • Some of the shorts
  • Watching Qubo often in general
What I'm NOT gonna miss:
  • Ask Me
  • Many of the BatteryPop shorts
  • Airing promos for shows that aren't already airing on the channel at the time
  • The following shows: The Choo Choo Bob Show, Joe & Jack, Mike the Knight, Bob the Builder Reboot, Fishtronaut, Nutri Ventures, Dive Olly Dive, Raggs and especially Mickey's Farm!
  • Qubo airing paid programming despite the fact they stated they would never do so

Last edited:

JaredCap43™

Forever, Fight as One!
What I'm gonna miss:

My first memory of Qubo was around June of 2007 when I saw the VeggieTales episode "King George and the Ducky", which was also my introduction to VeggieTales.
Other shows that I was introduced (and reintroduced) to are Rescue Heroes (which I didn't see when it was on CBS because I was just born, or Kids WB because I was very little, I may have seen it during its brief run on Cartoon Network, but I'm not sure), Babar (I don't know if I saw it when it was on HBO Family or not), George and Martha (this one I did see on HBO Family, despite it being on at around 6AM), Doki (I've known about him for at least a few years before Qubo started showing it, because he was the mascot of the Latin American Discovery Kids), Pecola (which I didn't see when it was on Cartoon Network), Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs (which I think I saw, and definitely knew about when it was on Cartoon Network), Madeline (which I saw when it was on Playhouse Disney, though I wasn't aware that it was on CBS around the time Qubo launched), and many others
Creative bumpers such as the one with the cubes jumping in their room and somehow cleaning it.
Decent scheduling (especially in comparison to Nick and Cartoon Network), even if it started to deteriorate over time.
Night Owl
The NBC block

What I'm not gonna miss:

Two words: Ask Me (haven't seen enough of the BatteryPop shorts to form an opinion)
Airing Paid Programming when they promised that they wouldn't do so.
Repetitive promos (especially those for shows that don't air anymore).
Some bad shows such as Choo Choo Bob and Joe and Jack
The Litton (and Litton-esque) shows

What I hope to look forward to:

As I said, I hope that some of the Nelvana/WildBrain shows will appear on Pluto TV's kids channels, or perhaps they could buy Qubo or make a channel like it.
Perhaps the ex-Discovery Kids (LA and US)/Hub shows will find a home on Discovery Family or Discovery+, Discovery Family really needs to clean themselves up, perhaps they could change themselves back to Discovery Kids (more likely) or the Hub (less likely)
Maybe Treehouse Direct (and its sister accounts on YouTube) will stop blocking its videos for non-Canadians similar to how the Caillou YouTube channel has recently been unblocked for Americans.

Looneyfanfan

I miss when my Fox affliate (When i was in America) had that syndicated Cookie Jar block that aired on weekdays and aired stuff like Noonbury and Will and Dewitt

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

guess who back back again
Zombie Outbreak Countdown 31 days to Go :p
I currently feel 250 lbs lighter and the knot in my stomach is gone. I feel GOOD. I'm not used to feeling this way and haven't for a long time (at least four and a half years). It is very strange to me.

Featured Posts