Qubo News and Discussion Thread

CartoonLover2604

One of the few people that talks about Qubo
Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway investment is putting $600 million into the deal as well. The first thing I thought of when I read the article was Secret Millionaires Club airing on Qubo and the fact that Qubo is obviously part of ION Media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Secret Millionaires Club airing on Qubo was a foreshadowing all along!

LinusFan303

A fan of Peanuts in their 70th year
Depends on how Katz (Scripps wants to put Ion under their Katz media division) values the Ion networks, Ion Plus and Qubo would be at risk , espcially if they'd want to put Grit, Laff, Bounce, Court TV, Newsy (maybe) , and others on Ion Digital spaces.

It lasted this long. What makes you think Qubo's gonna go away now?
Okay. At first I was worried that something was gonna happen with Qubo after Scripps acquired ION because of what happened when Justin.tv (an old live stream service) got shut down after Google acquired Twitch. But now I'm starting to think it MIGHT stay after all the "Secret Millionaires Club foreshadowing" talk. Maybe it'll stay, maybe it won't. But we'll just have to wait to find out.

Theolivepit

Cartoon fan, addicted to pizza
I’m still wondering how this will affect ION TV, ION Plus, and Qubo. This news was pretty unexpected.

LinusFan303

A fan of Peanuts in their 70th year
On the other hand, Scripps could make it where Qubo is available to non Ion Stations like how they have Katz networks that are available to other stations. This is if the government approves. I would say Ion Plus is in more danger. Anything could happen though, I'm surprised that E.W Scripps wanted to buy it, that's so random.

Theolivepit

Cartoon fan, addicted to pizza
Yeah, I believe that ION Plus is in more danger as well. I don’t think a lot of people even watch it.

DavidVianelle

The Herminator has found you!
Good news! Maggie and the Ferocious Beast isn't screwed after all. Unfortunately though I can't exactly say the same for ToddWorld.
1601179353627.jpeg

I know this isn't Qubo news or anything, but earlier I watched the Qubo version of the Willa's Wild Life episode "Willa Sets The Stage" and this happened during the recap segment... I think Willa broke the fourth wall. I heard her ask "Sound good to you?", then I decided to go ahead and reply "Yep!" and then I heard... "I thought so!". Lol. I didn't get it on camera though.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Think this year is the first we get any PSAs with "We're all in this together"? Think again.

(Just the first one...I think)

I wish TOM 2 didn't die. He's way better than any other TOM.
MeTV will be airing The Flintstones Meet Rockula and Frankenstone at 9 PM EST tonight. This marks the first time, I think, that the channel has aired anything Flintstones beyond the original show.
Honestly, some of the shows that aired (or currently airing) on Cartoon Network don't even warrant the TV-PG rating, I'm talking shows like Teen Titans Go!, DC Super Hero Girls, Clarence, Uncle Grandpa for example. TV-Y7 at least.