"Psycho-Pass" Streaming Talkback

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
psychopass2.jpg

Written by Gen Urobuchi (Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica) and directed by Naoyoshi Shiotani, (Blood-C: The Last Dark), Psycho-Pass is an original science fiction anime from Production I.G. and part of the noitaminA block for the Fall 2012 season along with Robotics;Notes. FUNimation is simulcasting the series, with new subtitled episodes will premiering on Thursdays at 12:45 PM Eastern Time. Three episodes are available so far. The series page is below:

http://www.funimation.com/psycho-pass/videos

Plot Synopsis:

Get ready for Psycho-Pass, a hardboiled, gun-slinging sci-fi series from the creator of Madoka Magica and the studio that brought you Ghost in the Shell. In the future, even just thinking about a crime is enough to make you guilty – and justice is dispensed from the barrel of a gun. Detectives work in teams made up of Enforcers and Inspectors. Enforcers take out the bad guys, and Inspectors make sure their partners don’t cross the fine line between good and evil. The great equalizer in the war against thugs is the Dominator, a futuristic weapon that can read minds and assess the probability that a citizen will turn criminal. There are no trials. Only Enforcers, Inspectors, and the Dominator. Commit a crime in your mind – and the Dominator will make sure you pay the ultimate price.

Comments?

[video=youtube_share;secCvKy-Go8]http://youtu.be/secCvKy-Go8[/video]

GingaDaiuchuu

Episode 1

One year ago, I was very excited about a 22-episode noitaminA original by Production I.G with EGOIST songs. Let's hope Urobuchi can be the factor that saves this from ending up like Guilty Crown.

From the first episode? I really can't tell. It's honestly about exactly what I expected from everything we've known about it up to now. I guess that's more promising than it being a disappointment right from the beginning, but Guilty Crown also had a pretty promising start.

Definitely gets about as Urobuchi violent as you could expect from just the first episode of a series. For some reason, I don't mind this as much as I mind a lot of extreme violence. It just fits better with the writing than a lot of stuff, I guess. Akane has a great Hanazawa voice, but that Amano face really bothers me. I guess she'll end up being second to Shinya. That white-haired guy at the beginning is totally Koko from Jormungand.

GingaDaiuchuu

Episode 2

It is absolutely necessary that Akane eat her breakfast ass-naked. I'm becoming increasingly more skeptical that Shinya is the main character and not Akane. Then again, we do have 20 episodes left. In another two-cour Urobuchi original, the main character hardly shows up in the first few episodes.

GingaDaiuchuu

Episode 3

A bigger focus on the overall team more than one character in particular. Looks like Shinya is coming into the role of main character little by little, but it's looking like Akane is going to remain pretty equal at least for a while. This time, a guy who gets bullied all the time is the subject. Still pretty good stuff. I'm curious to see the plot develop more toward the area the opening scene of the series teased, with Shinya's enemy. We may have to wait a little longer, since I'm guessing that scene will be near the end, and the series is two-cour.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts