Powerpuff Girls Live Action CW Series In Development

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Honestly, Yojimbo, there is enough authenticity in what was leaked to make me question if it IS real. I don't know if you've ever seen Riverdale, but this is NOT that far outside that as far as appalling scripts go. Plus as noted this is sort of how Diablo Cody writes. If it's a fake, it will disavowed soon enough. If nobody says anything, it's probably real.
No, I do not watch Riverdale. I barely watch the DC shows on CW anymore.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Those are the funniest script snippets I've read. Morbidly curious to see this pilot as the lost episode.
No, I do not watch Riverdale. I barely watch the DC shows on CW anymore.
Apparently Riverdale is like most other DCW shows - falls apart after the first couple seasons. From what I have seen I remember it was basically Degrassi.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Those are the funniest script snippets I've read. Morbidly curious to see this pilot as the lost episode.

Apparently Riverdale is like most other DCW shows - falls apart after the first couple seasons. From what I have seen I remember it was basically Degrassi.
It's actually much worse. A plot-point from a recent season had one of the kids digging up her dead brother and playing house with his corpse. When a prying uncle found out, her girlfriend killed him. And then the girl fed him to some of her visiting family. Needless to say I stopped watching shortly thereafter. It is literally the only show I've seen where the heroes go around covering up murders and the writers expect the audience to think it's morally righteous. It's one sick show and this PPG Pilot doesn't seem too far outside of that.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
It's one sick show and this PPG Pilot doesn't seem too far outside of that.
Like I said falls apart the first couple seasons.
Rather curious to watch the episode because that also reads like a plot for Supernatural.
Umm, again I understand your frequent use of hyperbole, but the script leaks are far outside of that.
Closer to ADHD's HBO's POWERPUFF Girls.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Like I said falls apart the first couple seasons.
Rather curious to watch the episode because that also reads like a plot for Supernatural.
Umm, again I understand your frequent use of hyperbole, but the script leaks are far outside of that.
Closer to ADHD's HBO's POWERPUFF Girls.
What I meant by not outside of that is that the script is appalling. In a different way, but my point is that some truly heinous stuff gets greenlit to air by The CW. Which is why I have my doubts this is fake. Sounds much less worse than Riverdale, doesn't it?

thomas2313412

So,I heard that the CW powerpuff pilot is scrapped which is good news for people who don't want the CW powerpuff to be made but they will retool it with the same cast and crew sometime this year which I think they might green lit on 2022 .Perhaps the reason why cw scrapped and retooled the pilot is because of the leaked set pieces by TMZ but also the leaked script on the day before CW makes a decision which cause negativity by too many hardcore PPG fans.

So now that the CW powerpuff pilot has been scrapped.I hope that the series will turn into a comedy drama action series instead of a gritty Riverdale like series where the 1998 cartoon is loosely based on the real powerpuff girls in the CW world and unlike from the leaked script the girls enjoy crime fighting when they were kids but as time goes by, they become adults and went on their separate ways to live normal lives especially that the city now has new heroes and no longer need them ,Blossom remains in townsville to become utonium's assistant,Bubbles will still be her cheery self like the original and stays in townsville but is now a kindergarten teacher like miss keane and Buttercup she is still like the original 1998 self except she is the only one who left townsville and is now a bounty hunter hunting criminals and attempts to reclaim her glory days like a former child star.

But when there is more evil in Townsville that the new heroes can't handle ,the girls must reunite and will try to make a comeback and show the new heroes how it is done.And like CW shows there will be a storyarc but will have humor like the original series with fourth wall jokes and will be aimed for older audience as they try to balance their normal lives with crime fighting and teach new heroes.

And I think the retooled pilot if it is made should begin with one of the 1998 PPG episode but zoom out to the real world as it is revealed that the show is the in-universe cartoon loosely based on the real powerpuff girls in the CW world by a kid who ask his mother about an old cartoon from his tablet as the girls are almost forgotten and went on their separate ways

or maybe CW should retool the powerpuff pilot into an original show with a different name and will disconnect itself from the powerpuff franchise and become its own thing as the main characters will just be former kid superheroes.

Anyway,we will wait for the retooled pilot of the powerpuff girls whether it will be made this year or next and see it gets better or worse

In a meantime, check out the fan film Powerpuff Girls : The Long Way Back which is something like what the CW should look with mature tones but is faithful to the original.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Yeah, that's script is beyond terrible. I'm not sure what I expected from this train wreck of a premise, but edgy versions of the girls who have sex, threaten to leak nudes and use terms like triggered as a joke wasn't it. There are some interesting ideas like the cartoon existing in-universe, but using it as a way to say that the girls were white-washed sounds like a pretty terrible joke. It just tries too hard to be edgy and crude for the shake of it in the hopes that the shock of seeing the girls being more "adult" would be funny.

I'm not too surprised that they are still invested in a second pilot. This has gotten a lot of attention and they probably want to make something from this IP, but if the quality of this first pilot script is any indication, they should really stop while they're already behind. I just can't see this series working well as a live action series, let alone a live action series featuring the girls as adults who regretted their childhoods.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, that's script is beyond terrible. I'm not sure what I expected from this train wreck of a premise, but edgy versions of the girls who have sex, threaten to leak nudes and use terms like triggered as a joke wasn't it. There are some interesting ideas like the cartoon existing in-universe, but using it as a way to say that the girls were white-washed sounds like a pretty terrible joke. It just tries too hard to be edgy and crude for the shake of it in the hopes that the shock of seeing the girls being more "adult" would be funny.

I'm not too surprised that they are still invested in a second pilot. This has gotten a lot of attention and they probably want to make something from this IP, but if the quality of this first pilot script is any indication, they should really stop while they're already behind. I just can't see this series working well as a live action series, let alone a live action series featuring the girls as adults who regretted their childhoods.
I think the worst part of it is the disrespect to the actual cartoon.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Apparently, the script has been withheld due to copyright, so those who thought it might be fake are sadly proven wrong. That was real.

I think the worst part of it is the disrespect to the actual cartoon.
If this show make the 2016 reboot look like a masterpiece, I swear.....

I just... I can't even...

...People had to write this script...
I know right? It's nasty.
what-this-expression-is-trying-to-convey.png

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm kind of shocked that he thought that the pilot's tone was too campy. Maybe it would have conveyed that kind of tone more if they had actually filmed the pilot, but based on what came out of this leaked script, being too campy would have been an improvement over the edgy humor and sex lives of the girls. At least they did recognize that they needed to start over, but if this was their first attempt and misfired this badly, then that's a really bad sign. I think that they either need new writers or not expect much of an improvement from a second draft from the same group who wrote this mess.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Apparently, the script has been withheld due to copyright, so those who thought it might be fake are sadly proven wrong. That was real.
I knew it. Listen to Fone Bone, kids. Every time. He knows how bad television can be. It's not the greatest gift to claim Cassandra-level foresight over, but the situation is as described.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts