"Power Rangers Beast Morphers" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
Beast Morphers will be replaced by SpongeBob starting this Saturday

RDG

Nick also won't be airing Beast Morphers on Saturdays all this May, either.

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
Beast Morphers episode 9 already aired in France on the 12th. It'll also air next Sunday in Australia, and it's called "Silver Sacrifice".

Reactions: RDG

RDG

Beast Morphers episode 9 already aired in France on the 12th. It'll also air next Sunday in Australia, and it's called "Silver Sacrifice".

this is what happens when you make deals with a network like Nick; networks in other countries get future episodes first, and we might be subject to spoilers; then again, this has happened for years

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
this is what happens when you make deals with a network like Nick; networks in other countries get future episodes first, and we might be subject to spoilers; then again, this has happened for years
I have never been worried about spoilers for Power Rangers. Every episode is basically the same. The entire formula is the spoiler.

DonkeyKongSong

I'm not the biggest Power Rangers fan around, but I'm truly enjoying this series. Yes, it has some typical Power Rangers cheese, but I'm willing to accept it. I do like the setup, mostly, and how the Rangers were formed here. Ben and Betty don't even annoy me that much. I know Ben is a little overweight in appearance, but they haven't really made any fat jokes about him (e.g. having him constantly wanting to eat or bringing up food at times when he shouldn't) so I'm willing to accept it. To me, a fat-shaming character in a recent acquisition on Nick is Meatball from 44 Cats. Given that every other line he says is about food, THAT is fat-shaming. Using a fat character for slapstick comedy is not.

And I thought these hiatuses in the middle were nothing new from the Nick seasons. They usually start new episodes in August, right?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
They are using him for slapstick specifically because he's fat. I have a problem with that. It's the same mindset as "Lookit the way he runs!"

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful

It has happened a few times when episodes were airing on Disney networks as well.

Australia will also be getting episode 10 on June 30th. It'll be called "Thrills and Drills".

And I thought these hiatuses in the middle were nothing new from the Nick seasons. They usually start new episodes in August, right?

Yes.

They are using him for slapstick specifically because he's fat. I have a problem with that. It's the same mindset as "Lookit the way he runs!"
At least neither Victor nor Monty were fat.

DonkeyKongSong

They don't seem to be making any jokes about "look at the way he runs" either. To me, fat shaming is something where his weight is constantly made fun of, like him being slow, or as I said, constantly wanting to eat, or being unable to fit in small spaces. It's possible I may have been spoiled by a lot of older shows, as well as the aforementioned 44 Cats, which actually do that all the time, so this may not seem so bad, but I don't really have a problem with the way they treat Ben, especially since it seems older series have had comedy relief characters used similarly who aren't fat.

Speaking of 44 Cats, it looks like premieres of that show have taken over the Saturday at 8am slot now. Maybe Beast Morphers will move to Sunday permanently?

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
They don't seem to be making any jokes about "look at the way he runs" either. To me, fat shaming is something where his weight is constantly made fun of, like him being slow, or as I said, constantly wanting to eat, or being unable to fit in small spaces.

They've done that with Bulk a lot in the earlier seasons, but Paul Schrier must be a good sport about it.

Yet another episode will premiere early overseas. Episode 11, entitled "Tools of the Betrayed" will air in Australia on July 7th.

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
Australia gets yet another episode before us. Episode 12 is entitled "Real Steel".

RDG

Meanwhile, Nicktoons has replaced the show on Saturdays with the network's "#1 show", Fairly OddParents, so it looks like neither Nick nor Nicktoons will be airing the show on Saturdays anymore

RDG

Apparently, Nicktoons put PR back on weekdays today, since they abruptly ended their week-long SpongeBob marathon

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts