Pound Puppies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicx399

Wannabe animator
I started to watch the Pound puppies show after the movie, I started to like it, until it stop showing on boomerang :mad: and YouTube took out all the eps. So what your least/Favorited Eps. from the show :shake: :jerry:

Tobias

Who you gonna call?
My favorite eps were the season 1 episodes, pretty much all 13 of them.

Least favorite: ANYTHING from season 2. It was just a nosedive in quality and characterization that I don't even count it as a second season so much as a completely different show altogether.

As for the Big Paw movie... I liked it as a kid, but watching it as an adult, you really- REALLY- see all the flaws in the film, althought I still love the 'At the Pound' song.

KJ Styles

The Instant Classic

Least favorite: ANYTHING from season 2. It was just a nosedive in quality and characterization that I don't even count it as a second season so much as a completely different show altogether.

As for the Big Paw movie... I liked it as a kid, but watching it as an adult, you really- REALLY- see all the flaws in the film, althought I still love the 'At the Pound' song.

I agree for the most part, however the Season 2 opening theme song is AWESOME!

Sonicx399

Wannabe animator

Big paw was a kinda good movie, when i was in kindergarten, I though i was never going to see it again until they show it on Dish network HDNET movies :chowder:

Tobias

Who you gonna call?
I agree for the most part, however the Season 2 opening theme song is AWESOME!

I, too, love the theme song for S2, but... it's an incredible disappointment with the show that follows.

KJ Styles

The Instant Classic
I, too, love the theme song for S2, but... it's an incredible disappointment with the show that follows.

Season 1 was better, but Season 2 had it's moments. I liked the episode when they got that puppy to wag his tail that wasn't able to wag it before.

My only major complaint with Season 2 is that Whopper became tremendously annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonicx399

Wannabe animator
Season 1 was better, but Season 2 had it's moments. I liked the episode when they got that puppy to wag his tail that wasn't able to wag it before.

My only major complaint with Season 2 is that Whopper became tremendously annoying.

yeah remember that eps. when Whopper became king, and everybody was pissed at him? :shake:

(By the way, I don't remember the show that much but, has Bright eyes and Whooper fight?) :jerry:

kathy

I liked the beginning episode with MIllie Trueheart.It introduced me to everyone and was the best made episode

KJ Styles

The Instant Classic
yeah remember that eps. when Whopper became king, and everybody was pissed at him? :shake:

(By the way, I don't remember the show that much but, has Bright eyes and Whooper fight?) :jerry:

They argued a number of times but they never fought physically to my knowledge.

Tobias

Who you gonna call?

Yeah, I think the closest they came to physically brawling was 'King Whopper', but even then it didn't happen. Up to that point I don't even think they argued all that much.

The other thing I hated about S2 was the Nose Marie was changed from a southern belle into a homemaker. She was one of the best characters in S1, then S2 erased everything likable about her. The only S2 redesign I liked was Holly's.

Sonicx399

Wannabe animator
Yeah, I think the closest they came to physically brawling was 'King Whopper', but even then it didn't happen. Up to that point I don't even think they argued all that much.

The other thing I hated about S2 was the Nose Marie was changed from a southern belle into a homemaker. She was one of the best characters in S1, then S2 erased everything likable about her. The only S2 redesign I liked was Holly's.

yeah, Nose Marie was the only one who made me laugh :lol: she gets mad at everybody! But now, she turn into Bright Eyes and Whooper's mother :sad:

KJ Styles

The Instant Classic

Yeah I didn't like that either, but besides Nose Marie, Whopper, and Holly none of the characters changed all that much. Howler wasn't used much in S2 though which is something else I disliked.

Tobias

Who you gonna call?
Bright Eyes also changed majorly between seasons, as well. In S1 was annoyingly cute, but it was so hilariously overdone that it actually came off as funny. In S2 they took all the overkill away in S2 and she now just annoyingly cute in a bad way.

Another thing I didn't like about S2 is that is was never explained exactly how Katrina took over the pound.

Steve Carras

SUGAR RUSH!!!!
Bright Eyes also changed majorly between seasons, as well. In S1 was annoyingly cute, but it was so hilariously overdone that it actually came off as funny. In S2 they took all the overkill away in S2 and she now just annoyingly cute in a bad way.

Another thing I didn't like about S2 is that is was never explained exactly how Katrina took over the pound.
You can thank a political-correctness group called "Q5" for that 1987-1988 makeover.[Diane Haithman, Calendar:] http://articles.latimes.com/1987-09-03/entertainment/ca-5843_1_tv-shows

One thing: I knew he wasn't in the cast, and I was too old to care [I was 25 by then] but I thought Marty Ingels was the leader, Cooler, then I read it was another voice artist, Dan Gilvezan. Was "Cooler" supposed to be a Marty Ingels type but Marty no longer wanted to voice cartoons?

Last edited by a moderator:

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
My scenario to this: Realizing how hard it is to run the pound and prevent her evil aunt from scheming to close down the pound, Holly probably made a temporarly compromise to this situation in which Katrina is allowed to serve as the head of the pound (until Holly reaches an age where she can handle her tasks as owner of the pound) as long as she doesn't close it. In the end, there's something positive for both sides. For Katrina, she has control of the pound. For Holly and the main dogs, they can continue their mission of finding homes for puppies without fear of Katrina trying to close the pound down.

Tobias

Who you gonna call?
My scenario to this: Realizing how hard it is to run the pound and prevent her evil aunt from scheming to close down the pound, Holly probably made a temporarly compromise to this situation in which Katrina is allowed to serve as the head of the pound (until Holly reaches an age where she can handle her tasks as owner of the pound) as long as she doesn't close it. In the end, there's something positive for both sides. For Katrina, she has control of the pound. For Holly and the main dogs, they can continue their mission of finding homes for puppies without fear of Katrina trying to close the pound down.

I don't see where Holly wins in this situation. In both cases, she ends up being treated like crap until she's old enough to be on her own. Although in S2 it seemed like the abuse she took was cut down a bit (probably thanks to Q5).

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
I don't see where Holly wins in this situation. In both cases, she ends up being treated like crap until she's old enough to be on her own. Although in S2 it seemed like the abuse she took was cut down a bit (probably thanks to Q5).
When it comes to where Holly "wins" in the situation (and the reason why the abuse she took got cut down in S2) , keep in mind that in the first season, Katrina was always scheming to close down the pound. Basically, no pound = no way to help find homes for dogs. Hence, by having Katrina become the head of the pound temporarly (i.e. until Holly turns 16 or an age where she can handle the tasks of running the pound without too much pressure), Holly is putting a halt to any plans by Katrina to shut down the pound.

Basically, no matter which path Holly went, she'd still have to deal with her nasty aunt. Hence, it's best to go with the lesser of two evils (i.e. Katrina running the pound) and simply work around that, which she and the Pound Puppies were able to do quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts