Pokemon Sun and Moon Anime Discussion

Latest News & Videos

Light Lucario

Staff member
That is a pretty cool poster. I'm so glad that Hau is going to appear in SM at last. I really like him in the games, especially US/UM, and I was starting to wonder if the anime was going to skip him completely. Hopefully, he'll be likable and fun like he was in the games. He does seem to have a Dartrix, which does make it less likely for Ash's Rowlet to evolve if that's the case. Granted, I don't think it has a high chance of evolving as it is anyway, but that would make the chances of Ash getting a Dartrix even smaller.

It's cool to see Misty and Brock will appear again. I figured that they had a pretty good chance of showing up again. It's a really easy way to tie in Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee promotion into the series, even though they aren't wearing their new outfits from the games in the poster. Plus, they did say that they'd promise to visit Ash in Alola. It's a nice way to throw in a bone to long time fans too. I don't know how long they'll appear, but hopefully we can see more of their Pokemon.

It seems like Team Rocket is hanging out with a Stufful. I don't know if they captured it or just using it as part of their food truck, but I'm curious to see their reactions once they find out that Stufful evolves into Bewear.

There's also an Eevee right in the center of the poster. It could be that Ash captures this Eevee for more Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee promotion. It isn't confirmed, but it would make a lot of marketing sense. He already has Pikachu, so giving him an Eevee would allow them to showcase both special starters from the upcoming games. Plus, it would be an easy way to showcase the exclusive Eevee moves from Let's Go Eevee. It wouldn't evolve unfortunately if they keep that feature from the games, but it's possible that they could also have it evolve to showcase a new Eeveelution in the next series. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the mysterious new Pokemon from the first Let's Go trailer was an Eeveelution or they introduce an Eeveelution in the next generation. Giving Ash a special Eevee that could evolve into another special new Eeveelution would make sense and give more attention to that new Eeveelution too.

PF9

I had a thought. What if all the completed seasons of Pokemon aired in syndication on MeTV?

The show is one of the more iconic anime series ever to air on American television. And MeTV is a classic TV network. Also it would give those without cable access to older episodes of the series.

zoombie

When they dub it, they are going to have to edit this week's Evee short or not show it at all, what is it with this show and black face?

Light Lucario

Staff member
When they dub it, they are going to have to edit this week's Evee short or not show it at all, what is it with this show and black face?
They normally don't show these shorts anyway, but I'm not sure if there was anything related to black face in this new short.

Also, Misty and Brock are going to appear in Alola. It won't air until December 23rd, but it is nice to see that they are going to appear again. I am a bit surprised that they aren't wearing their outfits from the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee games, but I guess that they wanted to just give them different outfits to match with the more laidback tone of Alola. I like Brock's outfit from the games since it seems like a combination of some of his different outfits from the anime, but Misty's outfit seems a bit bland by comparison. They'll hopefully be around a bit longer than last time, but it's hard to say for sure since we don't know much about the episode itself.

EDIT: Okay I rewatched the newest Eevee short to see if I missed something. I don't think that Pikachu having black smoke around its face as a result of Turtantor's explosion is akin to blackface. At least with Ash dressing up as a Passimian, there is a history of people dressing up as African Americans and associating them with primates as well, so it was pretty easy to see why TPCI wanted to avoid another controversy. This was just a small gag to tie in with the Let's Go games due to Pikachu's hair being slightly different too. Even if for some reason they thought that Pikachu's face covered its smoke could be considered offensive, it would be easy to alter the image to where its entire body was covered from the smoke. It would be easier to do than with Ash since it is only a small portion of an animated short as opposed to a large chuck of a full episode.

Granted, this is pretty moot since I don't think TPCI is going to dub the Eevee shorts. They don't even dub some of the segments that after an episode and sometimes they actually continue the story or provide a bit more closure. Even so, calling this blackface just doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:

Light Lucario

Staff member
That is pretty cool. I wasn't able to make it to the theaters last weekend and I'm not sure if I can make it for Saturday for a few reasons, so being able to watch the new movie on Disney XD so soon after the limited release is a good backup option. At least I won't have to wait too long for the movie to air on TV or wait for the DVD release.

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Glad to hear this. As long as the channel doesn't edit out too many scenes or anything like that, that is.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Glad to hear this. As long as the channel doesn't edit out too many scenes or anything like that, that is.
I don't recall Disney XD editing out any scenes when they premiered other movies. They may skip the credits like they did when they aired I Choose You, which would be a shame considering most of the ending themes for the movies are good and the credits tend to provide some epilogue to the movie's storyline too. So we'll probably be fine in that regard.

Pretty neat account of the films director going to a screening in Los Angeles.

Dogasu's Backpack (November 27th, 2018) - Mr. Yajima sees "The Power of Us"
That was really nice. He sounded like a nice person by wanting to talk to people who watched the movie and was genuinely touched by how much they enjoyed it. It would have been really great to go to that showing, but I don't live anywhere near LA and driving down there would be really difficult. Still, it was nice that he could interact with some fans, see how much they enjoyed the movie and even give out some autographs. I haven't seen the movie yet, but this does make me hope that I'll enjoy it even more.

zoombie

So next episode, we meet another member of the Skull Gang or the girl without her mask, I guess we will find out.

Light Lucario

Staff member
So next episode, we meet another member of the Skull Gang or the girl without her mask, I guess we will find out.
The female Team Skull grunt doesn't look anything like Plumeria. She's taller and has different air. Plumeria is basically the second in command of Team Skull. It's nice that they're finally featuring her in the anime and Guzma shouldn't be too far behind, but I do wonder if it's too late to do anything significant with Team Skull. They weren't featured at all in the Aether Foundation arc despite the key role Guzma played in the video games. They still might be able to do something with Team Skull to provide some conflict during the last stretch of SM, but I just wonder if they waited too long to have them featured in the series.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I am disappointed Takeshi left without meeting Lusamine.
I think it would have been too weird if Brock did his love daze gag with a mother one of the main characters. They haven't mentioned Lillie and Gladion's father yet, but if he is going to be mentioned, it probably wouldn't be good to have Brock do his gag with Lusamine or to use that as a way to bring up their father.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

JoeMabbon wrote on Frontier's profile.
The G.I. Joe and Transformers Films almost crossed over.
Red Arrow wrote on Fone Bone's profile.
Disney is teaching their child actors now how to handle fame.
Although I did like some of the now dead Jetix block's programming in the past, It did ate up most of Toon Disney's airtime to the point where it felt like it was Vice-Versa which annoyed me when I was younger.
Call me weird, but I seem to prefer The Little Mermaid's series more than the trilogy. I also have a AU in development at Post something random where some characters of the series as well as fictional ones are included.
Apparently John K. is FINALLY finished with 'Cans Without Labels'.