Pokemon could have aired on Nick, Fox?

Light Lucario

Staff member
Nick was at least...semi-interested in third party shows through the early 2000s. They gave Butt Ugly Martians and Super Duper Sumos a big push, for some reason. But of course those shows were in some ways a response to the popularity of Pokémon and other action cartoons of the time. It definitely would have been interesting to see how things would be different if Nick had gotten into anime back then, but they were already wildly successful at that time and Kids’ WB probably “needed” it more.

I do recall Nick showing a few more third party shows during the early 2000s, but it was pretty minimal compared to Cartoon Network at the time. Getting Pokemon could have led Nick to rely a bit more on other third party titles, but I forgot that they also had Rugrats during this time, so that could have made them more eager to find more hits from their own properties regardless of having Pokemon airing on their channel. It still could have had an interesting impact on the channel.

Well, yes but still.
It's a moot point when your only source is from well over a year ago. Even if it isn't a rumor, it's hardly confirmed with having no other updates like new cast and production crew members being announced for such a long stretch of time.

AdrenalineRush1996

It's a moot point when your only source is from well over a year ago. Even if it isn't a rumor, it's hardly confirmed with having no other updates like new cast and production crew members being announced for such a long stretch of time.
Well, only time will tell but fair enough.

PicardMan

Staff member
I do recall Nick showing a few more third party shows during the early 2000s, but it was pretty minimal compared to Cartoon Network at the time.

I think this article right here is a pretty interesting look at the turn of the century, Violence Finds a Niche in Children's Cartoons (Published 2001). It's pretty interesting that Nickelodeon swore never to watch violent anime like DBZ, even though Nicktoons did about a decade later. Anyone remember SLAM and Nickelodeon's only early 00s foray into anime, the short lived Speed Racer X? Pokemon might have been done dirty if Nickelodeon got it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

harry580 wrote on RegularCapital's profile.
hey um I have another idea, the haim saban attempt to have news corporation (the owners of fox and fox family worldwide at the time) to buy his stake in fox family worldwide back in 2000/2001
New on the RegularCapital Audiovisual Research Wiki: Nickelodeon's Failed First Attempt In Germany (1995-1998): Nickelodeon's Failed First Attempt In Germany (1995-1998) tl;dr: Nick Germany gets screwed over by public broadcasting.
Vuxovich wrote on Mostezli's profile.
I am not kidding, Mostezli. The brand-new Evangelion movie will be released tomorrow indeed.
Today I was sitting on Budapest bus line 138, and what did I see? This!

However, this has nothing to do with Dexter's Laboratory or the live-action series. It is called like that because there is a Hungarian company in District 22 called Dexter.
The brand-new Evangelion movie can't be delayed anymore. It will be released tomorrow. Rejoice!

Featured Posts