"Pokémon the Movie 2000: The Power of One" Talkback (Spoilers)

Do you have the power?

• 10 Poké Balls

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 9 Poké balls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 Poké Balls

• 7 Poké Balls

• 6 Poké Balls

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 Poké Balls

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 4 Poké Balls

• 3 Poké Balls

• 2 Poké Balls

• 1 Poké Ball

• 0 Poké Balls

• Total voters

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Don't we all wish we had pants? This is the official talkback thread for the second Pokémon movie "The Power of One," argueably the most boring Pokémon movie yet. :p Be glad they didn't play the Pikachu short.

Synopsis: A collector named Lawrence III captures Moltres and Zapdos and is heading after Articuno. His goal is the Legendary Pokémon: Lugia. However, his interference is causing the weather to go wacko all across the world. The only one who can stop him and set the world back to normal is Ash Ketchum. Witness the only time Tracey Sketchit gets a decent amount of screen time in a movie.

Yes, we all know the Pokémon series doesn't belong on Toonami, and this will probably be the last time this Pokémon movie appears on the block (unless there's a Toonami channel, maybe), so please refrain from any flaming for the show being on the block. Also, please try not to turn this into an Anti-4Kids thread (No matter how tempting it may be), as they're already rampant on the Anime Forum. We know this thing is VERY different from the Japanese version, we don't need endless posts bashing 4Kids for changes. If you are curious about what was edited, here's an edit list, including video changes in the Japanese versions.

Also, if you missed them in theaters or on Cartoon Network's Fridays a few months ago, try and check them out now. Slowking friggin rocks.

Duke

Pretty "meh" intro. The shot of Lugia firing its Aeroblast is begging to be used, but nobody wants to do it!

I must say, I LOVE the picture of Ash & co. after the Kanto League. It's a nice bit of continuity.

Meldoy is the best thing about this movie. Her and Slowking. I wouldn't mind seeing her return.

Rouge12

My brother is watching it, so I can hear it. This is a pretty good movie, now that I think about it. I like this movie more than a lot of the episodes.

Umino

Honey Flash?
Nice to see the movie again. It's my favorite! ^^

Its got Yadoking and Kenji! ^_____^

However, only one catch this...?

"No, but I got Krabbies!"

o.o

Duke

Eyecatchers = Mewtwo instead of Lugia.

Lawrence letting them go = cheapest plot device ever. Even more cheap than the Fire Phoenix.

"I could use pants" = Best Pokémon line ever.

Boats = Never safe.

zmanjz

Retired...?
you know... I always had a soft spot for the "Destined hero of Legend" bit.

Although this movie gives away the plot within the first few seconds, (in the prophecy) It's still fun to watch.

I mean, simplistic though they may be, I never get tired of seeing this type of story play itself out.

Disturb not the Harmony of fire ice or lightning,

lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash.

Though the waters great guardian shall rise to quell the fighting,

alone its song will fail and the world shall turn to Ash
I don't know why, but I always liked this kind of thing. It's such a simplistic plot device, but stuff like this always struck a chord within me.

(I also like to see characters like Team Rocket "Release the Good" as it were.)

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot Misty's line: "He won't be alone, because he's got..... me"

OH how sweet. :eek: (it's too bad that Misty shares far to many personality traits with Akane Tendo)

Discloner

Spooned to death
Definetly a very easy movie to predict, but I personally enjoy it better then 'Mew Two Stikes Back'.

Giant flying castles can win me over anytime. :D

zmanjz

Retired...?
Duke said:
If you liked this film, then you're gonna love #3.
Isn't 3 the one with "Sammy"

Oh, yes and I remember one other thing I like about the Pokemon movies. They actually run a complete animation during the end credits which usually shows the Immedeate aftermath of the story.

zmanjz

Retired...?
SNS said:
No, the one with Sammy is Pokemon 4ever. Pokemon 3 is the one with the Unown.
Oh, the crystal/little girl one.

(Eh, I liked 4ever better than 3 myself, but I do like the parts that Delia Ketchum has. she steals that movie away from her son :D )

Duke

zmanjz said:
(Eh, I liked 4ever better than 3 myself, but I do like the parts that Delia Ketchum has. she steals that movie away from her son :D )
Her and Charizard (One of my mom's favorite moments in all of Pokémon is when Charizard saves Ash).

Tash

you know, now would have been a perfect opprotunity to play "slowking's day". I guess that's four minutes of Japanese kids pointing out the ovious that we'll never see in the states :(

Behonkiss

Just put an X here and here...
Discloner said:
Definetly a very easy movie to predict, but I personally enjoy it better then 'Mew Two Stikes Back'.
Well, just about any movie is better than Mewtwo strikes back.

And yeah, I love this movie. Doesn't get the respect it deserves. Not that everyone has to adore it, but it's endlessly ragged on.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Finishing up Metroid Dread by acquiring everything only to be disappointed when the last energy tank and missile you needed an Amiibo.
Today's my birthday! :D
Can't wait for the party this weekend!
Microsoft just bought Activision/Blizzard for $68 billion. And people thought the Bethesda deal was huge? Mind. Blown.
I wonder what if Viacom responsed to turner buying Hanna barbera by buying Fred wolf films (meant they would own the 1987 tmnt cartoon) in 1992 or 1993 and they later buy the tmnt ip as well as mirage studios in in the mid-late 90s or early-mid 2000s instead of 2009
PF9
What if Viacom bought Capital Cities/ABC instead of Disney in 1996?

ABC did have a good relationship with Paramount Television after all.

Featured Posts