Pokémon Chronicles "Big Meowth, Little Dreams" Talkback (Spoilers)

Gotta Rate 'em All!

• Super Effective!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Pretty Effective!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Partially Effective!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Marginally Effective!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Not Very Effective...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
toonami192.jpg
chronicles.jpg

Have you ever wondered what other Pokémon Trainers besides Ash do on their journeys? Well, you're about to find out.

Pokémon Chronicles is a series of side-stories set in the Pokémon universe. They were dubbed and aired in Britain about a year ago, and now they've finally reached American shores. Previously, the Pichu Bros. had a fight, resulting in them running away from each other. One of them finds a Wooper, who leads it along a merry adventure full of fun and danger. Eventually the Pichu Bros. reunite and make-up, and it's happily ever after.

This week, it's another Pichu Bros. special! Meowth is minding his own business, enjoying a nice lunch after a hard day's work, when his sandwich is stolen! Chasing the invisible thief, he runs into the Pichu Bros. and their friends. Who is this mystery thief, and how can they turn invisible? Pichu, Pichu, and Meowth are determined to find out and get Meowth's lunch back!

Later, Little Azurill wanders off, and it's up to our old friends, the Pichu Bros., to find it before it's Auntie Azumarill notices. While searching for the runaway Azurill, the Pichu Bros. come across Meowth trying to woo a wild Skitty, but Little Azurill keeps interfering, driving Meowth crazy. Can the Pichu Bros. stop Azurill from getting in the way of Meowth getting some sugar? Or is the cat Pokémon destined to be alone forever?

Spoilers: Even though there's one episode left (another Pichu Bros. special), Chronicles leaves next week (well, this episode will encore, but still) to make way for the Toonami premiere of Battle Frontier. Joy!

But if you'd like to spoil yourself, or you just want to see how everything was edited, you can check out Dogasu's edit list here.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Last episode! Too bad Battle Frontier had to take its place though. I wanted Duel Masters!

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Wow, this show has the emptiest talkbacks... I know it's far from popular, but almost nobody posts on it.

RockmanDash

Retired
Wait so Pokemon Chronicles is over? YAYYYYY!!!!!! At least I can watch Pokemon Battle frontier for once -_-... were I live it goes 3 hours ahead of time so it comes on at 6am for me

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Megaman X said:
Wait so Pokemon Chronicles is over? YAYYYYY!!!!!! At least I can watch Pokemon Battle frontier for once -_-... were I live it goes 3 hours ahead of time so it comes on at 6am for me

Ugh. That's early.

But it's airing in weekday prime time soon, so what's the point of it airing on Toonami as well?

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
J'onn J'onzz said:
Wow, this show has the emptiest talkbacks... I know it's far from popular, but almost nobody posts on it.

Well, I might have posted my thoughts...

...If I wasn't at a youth group meeting when it was on.

Duke

J'onn J'onzz said:
But it's airing in weekday prime time soon, so what's the point of it airing on Toonami as well?
CN is determined to make sure anybody who watches any part of CN sees their major programming. After all, that's why the Foster's special is airing 7 times in November, Tony Hawk 6 times, and the Looney Tunes Christmas Special is airing 3 times in the first weekend in December.

Then again, CN always gets this way around the end of the year. Things will go back to normal after New Year's.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Duke said:
CN is determined to make sure anybody who watches any part of CN sees their major programming. After all, that's why the Foster's special is airing 7 times in November, Tony Hawk 6 times, and the Looney Tunes Christmas Special is airing 3 times in the first weekend in December.

Then again, CN always gets this way around the end of the year. Things will go back to normal after New Year's.

Considering the timeslots LT is in on CN(zero), I don't mind that.

Duke

Dudley said:
why is this on Toonami anyway?
You're 6 months too late, and it's already been established that it's here promoting Battle Frontier.

It's leaving the block after next week, so why bother complaining about it?

Anime Freak

Let's Go!
I decided to give chronicles a try on saturday.....what the f**k was I thinking???Couldn't they have given the pokemon subtitles at least?? That was annoying as freak when for 80% of the eppy you hear them do nothing but spout their name out and you have no idea what in the world they're talking about. I'm actually looking forward to battle frontier after this junk.

Dogasu

Rubber ducks kill babies?
Anime Freak said:
I decided to give chronicles a try on saturday.....what the f**k was I thinking???Couldn't they have given the pokemon subtitles at least?? That was annoying as freak when for 80% of the eppy you hear them do nothing but spout their name out and you have no idea what in the world they're talking about. I'm actually looking forward to battle frontier after this junk.

The vast majority of Chronicles eps aren't like "Big Meowth, Little Dreams." Most of them star humans.

My big question is...why did 4Kids feel like they had to edit these Pichu brothers episodes so much? I mean, really...re-editting footage from a previous episode to make a whole new ending? What's the point??

Dudley

Staff member
Duke said:
You're 6 months too late, and it's already been established that it's here promoting Battle Frontier.

It's leaving the block after next week, so why bother complaining about it?

I ain't complain', I'm asking. But I figured if Toonami would air Hamtaro, why not this?

Dirty Dawg

Chinese Democracy starts NOW!
I can't believe it's almost over.I liked Pokemon Chronicles and only missed 1 episode.I liked seeing Misty and Butch/Botch/Chuck/Hutcher/Butcher/Biff and Cassidy.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts