Pokémon Battle Frontier "The Green Guardian" Talkback

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
toonami192.jpg
Everybody's favorite monster series is back, and this time, on Saturday Primetime instead of Saturday mornings!

Last time on Pokémon: Battle Frontier:

"A wild Elekid has run wild throughout a local forest, and its come upon Ash, May, Brock, and Max! As our heroes try to figure out what's making Elekid so angry, Phanpy battles the wild Pokémon to hopefully weaken it and calm it down. Seeing how powerful the Elekid is, Team Rocket wants it for themselves, and creates another new mecha in order to capture the Baby Pokémon. But Phanpy evolves into Donphan in the middle of the battle, and with its new Hyper Beam it blows away Team Rocket and cures Elekid of its overcharging!"

This week on Pokémon: Battle Frontier:

"Our heroes wish to cross the Cycling Road in order to get to Fuschia City, though why they just didn't go the way they did back during the Indigo Saga nobody has a clue. Unfortunately, the Cycling Road isn't operable due to an overgrowth of strange vines! In comes a Pokémon Ranger known as Solana to the rescue! She's convinced this is caused by a Celebi and searches dilligently for the Legendary Pokémon, using her Capture Styler to temporarily take control of Pokémon. Will Solana and Ash find Celebi? Will this episode cause more people to buy Pokémon Ranger™, which comes out next week, only for the Nintendo DS™? And more importantly, why air the Ranger episode to promote the 1-hour Deoxys 2-parter, when said 1-hour Deoxys 2-parter aired 2 hours earlier?"

Spoilers: Eh, it aired a few weeks ago, so spoilers aren't a big deal here.

Taoku

Otaku Chicks
This episode has Beyblade jokes waiting to happen.

'Abridged' Yugi-"I think Beyblade's gonna sue somebody!"

Dudley

Staff member
I saw this both in English and in Japanese, it was alright episode.

Yeah....

On my cable lineup it says last week's episode of Pokemon Chronicles is supposed to be on.
What's up with dat?

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Dudley said:
I saw this both in English and in Japanese, it was alright episode.

Yeah....

On my cable lineup it says last week's episode of Pokemon Chronicles is supposed to be on.
What's up with dat?

Mine said that too.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Mr. Ralph said:
heck, even the coming up next announcer said chronicles!

Reminds me of how the announcer once said Dragonball GT was coming up next, when it was really Dragonball Z that was airing.

Ykwia

Yahoo's TV Schedule shows this

7:00 PM: Pokemon: Battle Frontier
7:30 PM: Pokemon Chronicles.

Wierd huh?

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
The likely reason why everybody had Chronicles then BF airing tonight: CN made this decision within the past 2-3 days, thus haven't sent out the revised schedules to anyone yet.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Duke said:
The likely reason why everybody had Chronicles then BF airing tonight: CN made this decision within the past 2-3 days, thus haven't sent out the revised schedules to anyone yet.

I wish CN were less spur of the moment.

Dogasu

Rubber ducks kill babies?
They probably got a request from PUSA to air "The Green Guardian" at the last minute to promote the Pokemon Ranger game coming out this week.

Which would also explain why they went ahead and showed "Pokemon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis" about five weeks early.

Conekiller

On the Cruise!
Solanna's "shorts" defy logic!

Watching the ep, seeing her spin that baton around seemed so silly, but then I saw an ad for the game she comes from and it makes more sence (in a "controlling a videogame" kinda way)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts