"Pokémon 3: The Movie - Pikachu & Pichu and Spell of the Unown" Talkback (Spoilers)

Are you the Lord of the Unknown Tower?

• 10 Poké Balls

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 9 Poké balls

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 8 Poké Balls

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 7 Poké Balls

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 6 Poké Balls

• 5 Poké Balls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 Poké Balls

• 3 Poké Balls

• 2 Poké Balls

• 1 Poké Ball

• 0 Poké Balls

• Total voters

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
(I so wish I could use my Unown font for this Talkback.)

Venture into the unknown and find...Unown. This is the third and final Pokémon movie to air on Toonami, and it is argueably the best yet (Sans Movies 6 & 7, as I haven't seen them). Everyone, go out and catch Pokémon!

Pikachu Short Synopsis: Ash and friends have stuff to do in town, so they do what any logical Pokémon trainer would do: leave their Pokémon on top of a building! Things go wrong when Pikachu is separated from the others, but has the help of the Pichu Bros. to get back! Unfortunately, the Pichu Bros. lead Pikachu all around town and up against an angry Houndour!

Main Feature Synopsis: A researcher named Professor Spencer Hale is looking into the mysteries behind a species of Pokémon known as Unown. However, he is transported into another dimension, leaving his daughter, Molly, all alone. For some reason, the Unown come into contact with Molly and tap into her feelings, turning the town of Greenfield into crystal and creating an Entei to be her father. Ash & the Ashettes are just arriving into Greenfield when Entei comes and kidnaps Ash's mother! What does Entei want with Deliah? Ash storms the crystal mansion to find out. However, he won't be alone, as a certain fire-breathing dragon returns to help out the young trainer...

Stupid trivia note: This is the most action Brock & Misty have seen yet in a movie...

Yes, we all know the Pokémon series doesn't belong on Toonami, and this will probably be the last time this Pokémon movie appears on the block (unless there's a Toonami channel, maybe), so please refrain from any flaming for the show being on the block. Also, please try not to turn this into an Anti-4Kids thread (No matter how tempting it may be), as they're already rampant on the Anime Forum. We know this thing is VERY different from the Japanese version, we don't need endless posts bashing 4Kids for changes. If you are curious about what was edited, here are edit lists for the main feature and the Pikachu short. For any visual mistakes and other pieces of trivia, visit the Pokémon 3 section at moviemistakes.com (Many of which were contributed by yours truly).

Also, if you missed it in theaters or on Cartoon Network's Fridays a few months ago, try and check them out now. Who is the emperor of the crystal tower?

JohnCrichton

An astronaut!
A Pokemon movie being Toonami's final hurrah......
shakefist.gif

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Ash will save the day, we'll meet a new pokemon, Brock will flirt with at least one girl, Team Rocket will be stupid, Pikachu will act cute, the team will explore some new town or place in the process, and everybody will be happy by the end.

There, I just described every Pokemon episode and movie in existence. Not that we all didn't know it already... *yawn*

I bet its more entertaining than Bionicle though.

Duke

GWOtaku said:
Ash will save the day,
Nope. Entei and Molly save the day, Ash just supports.

we'll meet a new pokemon,
Actually, this is the first time a good number of Pokémon get animated including,
Entei, Unown, Flaaffy, Kingdra, Mantine, Teddiursa, Smeargle, Shuckle, Phanpy, Furret, Hitmontop, Igglybuff, Cleffy, Smoochum, and Pichu

Brock will flirt with at least one girl,
Just one girl this time.

Team Rocket will be stupid,
They do help out a little bit.

Pikachu will act cute,
It also battles Entei.

the team will explore some new town or place in the process,
Greenfield and the Crystal Mansion.

and everybody will be happy by the end.
Well, duh. Most of anime ends that way (especially movies).

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Where have I heard that music before?

I keep thinking Adult Swim...

Edit: Blue Gender commercial, right?

Duke

You know, I am shocked they haven't used ANY of the Charizard vs. Entei battle in the promos or intro. Those shots (Including Entei's "THIS WILL END IT!" and "Whether it is right or wrong I will do as she wishes!") would have been perfect.

EDIT: Just noticed a mistake. When Pichu is taunting Pikachu it says "Pika Pika!"

Y'know, Hoppip...hopping would make a fun Colloseum mini-game. Much better than the e-Reader Hoppip mini-game.

And now we know why Pichu sucks in Smash Bros. Melee, it hurts itself.

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
I am SO glad that 4Kids left in the original music for the Pikachu short....

I am not so glad that they screwed up Voltorb and Electrode.

Duke

Obi said:
I am not so glad that they screwed up Voltorb and Electrode.
Be glad they actually have separate voices, unlike poor Poliwhirl (who didn't get a real voice until Misty's Poliwag evolved).

SNS

Duke said:
And now we know why Pichu sucks in Smash Bros. Melee, it hurts itself.
Didn't it make up for that by being faster & stronger then Pikachu? (correct me, if I'm wrong)

Duke

SNS said:
Didn't it make up for that by beeing faster & stronger then Pikachu? (correct me, if I'm wrong)
Nope. Pikachu is better in every way than Pichu.

Also, notice the way Pikachu wore Ash's hat at the end? It's the same way as on one of the covers of Toshihiro Ono's Pokémon manga.

This is the most screen time Deliah gets in any of the movies. Oak gets #4 though.

So, how do you like being on Toonami, Knux, Willie? :p

Duke

While I love the music in the Molly/Misty battle, I do wish Misty used Poliwhirl. Goldeen sucks and deserves to be shunned, Poliwhirl is actually decent.

Charizard vs. Entei = One of the best battles ever in the history of Pokémon.

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
4Kids did a really good job with the music in this movie.

Why the heck have all my posts been about music so far?

Shakes

4Kids did a really good job with the music in this movie.

Why the heck have all my posts been about music so far?
because you know what will happen already?

Duke

Not only is the music pretty good, but the animation is damn good, especially the smoke, electricity, and fire effects.

My mom's favorite part in the movie: When Charizard saves Ash.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts